• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Handmaid's Tale

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be an interesting series, better than the movie version. Speaking of dystopia societies, what should we do to prepare ourselves for the worse (similar to what well see in the series)?

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great show!

Very scary to think that this is a real possibility of happening...

Also the wife is hot!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the book a long time ago

Am I missing anything?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great show!

Very scary to think that this is a real possibility of happening...

Also the wife is hot!
How does this have a real possibility of happening? I may need to change my disaster preparedness plans.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this have a real possibility of happening? I may need to change my disaster preparedness plans.

The man in charge right now... I would not put it past this clown to "consider" it

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually really surprised Showtime/HBO something like that didn't come up with this show

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
under his eye

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 10 Episodes :eek:. Saw the last one last night

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched episode 1 today. Looks like it might be a great one.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finished season 1. Just outstanding TV. One of the best I've seen in years.. like Breaking Back compelling. I really like the way they seamlessly use flashbacks to gradually fold in all of the back stories. Looking forward to season 2. It will be interesting to see where they take it and if they can maintain the quality.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finished season 1. Just outstanding TV. One of the best I've seen in years.. like Breaking Back compelling. I really like the way they seamlessly use flashbacks to gradually fold in all of the back stories. Looking forward to season 2. It will be interesting to see where they take it and if they can maintain the quality.

Really hoping they can keep up it's quality and I think they will

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 2 trailer:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season One of The Handmaid's Tale was excellent...top quality...I'm looking forward to Season Two......but IMO, both Better Call Saul and Westworld were better.

The Handmaid's Tale is sorta like a hybrid of the Dystopian Future motion pictures: Children of Men, V for Vendetta, and The Hunger Games.

The Handmaid's Tale won 8 Emmys (13 nominations), including the major awards: Best Drama, Best Directing, Best Writing, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Best Guest Actress....plus two more.

Better Call Saul and Westworld didn't stand a chance for those awards because of the recent social justice female empowerment movement in the TV & Movie industry.....a TV series depicting women as commodities is gonna sway the SJW voters.

But......again, I really like The Handmaid's Tale.......it is D.I.D. (Dark, Intense, Disturbing)......not a pleasant show to watch.....don't allow children to watch it....adults only!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season One of The Handmaid's Tale was excellent...top quality...I'm looking forward to Season Two......but IMO, both Better Call Saul and Westworld were better.

The Handmaid's Tale is sorta like a hybrid of the Dystopian Future motion pictures: Children of Men, V for Vendetta, and The Hunger Games.

The Handmaid's Tale won 8 Emmys (13 nominations), including the major awards: Best Drama, Best Directing, Best Writing, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Best Guest Actress....plus two more.

Better Call Saul and Westworld didn't stand a chance for those awards because of the recent social justice female empowerment movement in the TV & Movie industry.....a TV series depicting women as commodities is gonna sway the SJW voters.

But......again, I really like The Handmaid's Tale.......it is D.I.D. (Dark, Intense, Disturbing)......not a pleasant show to watch.....don't allow children to watch it....adults only!
Cue chf in 3...2...1...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Handmaid's Tale was awarded all of those Emmys before I started watching it. That was kind of the reason I started watching it, to see what all of the fuss was about. I knew the basic plot from the book and frankly wasn't all that interested in investing a lot of time in something with that theme. I also wondered if it had been overpraised due to the current age of #metoo. But after watching it, I have to respectfully disagree. All of the praise is deserved. I love BCS. It's probably my favorite current show. I haven't watched Westworld. They're very different shows so comparing is difficult. But I'd have a hard time making a case for BCS being a better show, though Michael McKean definitely deserved something for his performance, but that's another matter.

Ot but speaking of overpraised content due to some sort of identity issue, I watched Girls Trip last night. It got a 96% on RT and it was quite funny in parts for the most part. But it turned into some sort of after school special for adults searching for a happy ending the last 1/2 hour, which were not at all funny and almost unwatchable and ruined what had been an enjoyable flick up until that point. I read a few of the complete reviews from RT critics and the only ones that even mentioned the last 1/2 hour at all were the ones who gave it a rotten review. The good reviews didn't even mention the load of crap that was the final 30 minutes or so.

Last edited:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first two episodes of Season Two were excellent.... just as engrossing as Season One. Top notch quality. Definitely on my personal list of current must see TV which at the moment consists of seven programs:

-Better Call Saul
-Westworld
-The Handmaid's Tale
-Game of Thrones
-Vikings
-The Expanse
-South Park

There are other current shows which I really enjoy such as:
-Fargo
-Legion
-The Last Ship
-Preacher
-Star Trek: Discovery

but I wouldn't categorize them as must see.

I still haven't gotten around to watching Stranger Things, The Last Kingdom, and Rick and Morty.... but I'm told they are excellent, and I plan on watching them if/when I ever get time.

:thumb: