• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BABY!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets be real here for a second.

larrson isn't that mentally strong and now hes going to be shipped from the "calm" 8th most popular sport on the 4th most popular team in a metro area. now?

hes going to a canadian market where the team hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years all they have are the oilers and you just got traded for their best LW and top 5 in the nhl. you have to actually feel bad for him because no one even mentions him in this trade lol. hes got big shoes to fill and everyone will be judging him. during his time here is that the type of person larrson seemed to be?

This is why if you're Edmonton I think you 100% have to land another defenseman. Throw money at a free agent, try to get Shattenkirk, whoever it may be, you can't let Larsson sit out there on an island. I think Todd McLellan is a great coach though and will know what to do with Larsson.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this got the boards back to life... LOVE LOVE LOVE the trade.... Will miss Larsson, but we needed the O. Besides, we really gimped Larrson at the start of his career (thanks coach). Edm fans are so pissed because I think they are saying "that's all we got for Hall???? WTF" Love it...

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this got the boards back to life... LOVE LOVE LOVE the trade.... Will miss Larsson, but we needed the O. Besides, we really gimped Larrson at the start of his career (thanks coach). Edm fans are so pissed because I think they are saying "that's all we got for Hall???? WTF" Love it...
F Edmonton....lol

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do think Devils won the trade and it's a heck of a deal.
But reading these comments from Oiler fans and other fans. They seem to think they landed avg defenseman.
Yea maybe Larsson might not ever be all that on the offensive side but he will still be a top line defenseman who is very good "defensively" and has been improving yearly. He is still young too. Oilers have plenty of offense and top picks and they still suck. Why? Defense plain and simple.
I guess they rather pick up a offensive defenseman that doesn't play D well. Don't get it.

Will miss Larsson but this was a great move. I didn't even think Hall was available.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm going to assume that being a gm in any sports is like being a gm in fantasy sports. When your looking to make a move you talk to most if not every owner in your league to see if there is interest and get different offers. preds didn't want to give up weber for him? Rangers mcd? I know Larson is way younger then both of them but still he might not ever reach their level. Why take on that unnecessary risk?

hey I'm not complaining at all I just think everyone in the nhl thinks their teams could've come up with better offers so maybe he only called the Devils? Why? It would limit his possible return.

All this and he stillllllll hasn't moved yakapov!

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea, I get it.
I am sure Larsson reads twitter etc. He sees people saying horrible trade, worst trade in 30 years.
Oilers can only hope that will motivate the hell out of him and he can reach that level that was expected at the draft.

Was the trade in favor of NJ? Yea, tough to argue against that. But at the same time, don't think its the worst trade ever.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lars was a great player for us. Really started to turn it up last year and prob passed Greene at the midway mark. He did always make me nervous because his speed wasn't great. I'm glad we didn't get rid of severson.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe it's just me but he isn't going to be a #1 like hedman or doughty Duncan mcd etc

Just never saw it in him even on draft day I did t like him being picked. Granted he got us hall so it was a great draft pick.

Here's how stupid the oilers are. They had the 1 pick that year they could've drafted Larson at 1 or traded down I'm sure someone would've loved to get Hopkins and a small extra piece then draft Larson before us at 4.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wow i have to say i'm very surprised that he was allowed to pick #9. obviously you don't want to piss off your new star player and stuff like that but seriously the devils really lost out on a ton of jersey sales there. i had given my ex gf a parise jersey years ago which is now my wifes shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. i'm going to have that bad boy fixed now for hall. its the old CCM which are way better then the new style jerseys IMO.

honestly though i haven't bought a new jersey from any "reputable" sites in a long time. i usually buy them for like $20 from that china knock off site. can't beat the quality

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were worst team in scoring last few years. It is simple - you don't win if you don't score. But D should be taken care of anyway a now when Larsson is out. We can find a replacement.