• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BABY!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I haven't seen a single site or story that doesn't think the Devils get the better end of this. Larsson is a top 2 d man on a team he is on but hall is top 3 in the nhl. Just a no brainer if the picks pan out this team in two years will be nothing but speed

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
both local hometown Spits

IMO Hall stills floats around a lot at blueline,and doesn't hit enough,just like his OHL days.

Good! I don't want his body banged up! Float all you want I just want goals goals goals goals. Cory will take care of the goals against

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything that has been stated above. Shocked by this and I'm going to miss Adam Larsson who is a very good player who will only get better. However, we landed Taylor Hall, who is the best player in this deal and a great offensive player which this team desperately needs. I think he will get even better playing in an environment with less pressure as D-1 mentioned.

And yes it does remind me of the deal to get Jason Arnott who is one of my all time favorite players. Wonder what number Hall will wear? Cause he surely wont be wearing the number he wore out there.
Between the draft and Hall its been the best off season i remember in a long time. Lets see if Shero has any more cards up his sleeve :suds:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I haven't seen a single site or story that doesn't think the Devils get the better end of this. Larsson is a top 2 d man on a team he is on but hall is top 3 in the nhl. Just a no brainer if the picks pan out this team in two years will be nothing but speed
I know i was goofing off about Yukapov. But landing Hall is fucking amazing. I didn't see that one coming I'm still shocked

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all their guys I thought he'd be untouchable (outside of McDavid). I don't think the trade is as lopsided as the misinformed Canadian media make it out to be.

Larsson will definitely be missed and there's definitely a void to fill, he was unbelievingly versatile. Not sure who steps up to fill the void or if we go out and grab someone.

I am extremely fired up now though. Adding Hall instantly gives us a top notch number 1 line. Zacha coming up will be a new threat as well. Hopefully a healthy Camm and we have ourselves a nice looking offense.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like Larsson, but LOVE this deal. We desperately need players like Hall, sounds like he has a big chip on his shoulder now as well. He'll be motivated to make Edmonton regret this trade every single day from the sounds of his quotes.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all their guys I thought he'd be untouchable (outside of McDavid). I don't think the trade is as lopsided as the misinformed Canadian media make it out to be.

Larsson will definitely be missed and there's definitely a void to fill, he was unbelievingly versatile. Not sure who steps up to fill the void or if we go out and grab someone.

I am extremely fired up now though. Adding Hall instantly gives us a top notch number 1 line. Zacha coming up will be a new threat as well. Hopefully a healthy Camm and we have ourselves a nice looking offense.
I seriously didn't think Hall would be available. I loved Larsson but it really was a trade you've got to pull the trigger on. Adding hall combined with the skill the defils added at forwards in the draft. They have a lot of potential to turn a major corner. They do still have a solid young defense. But Shero may not be done. Theres a Schenn rumor floating around too. Im not sure how I fell about that tho

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know how Larson is going to take this trade. I know his game improved and all that but I don't think his mental game is there. He sounded super depressed during the interview I heard and I don't blame him who the hell wants to go there. Still I think he could regress and drop a level

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is WOW (Although I'm late to this party, bathroom repairs took precedence lol).

I hope and believe this instantly puts the Devils in the playoff picture for next year. It started last year, but I'm loving how Shero has taken this franchise and made it his own. And I think we're starting to see him making the Devils a destination as opposed to the latter Lou years. Of course, having a young team with potential and a solid goaltender helps, too!

As for loosing Larsson, that will be a void to fill. My honest belief is that the media is seeing the trade as one sided due to the fact that it's a defenseman being traded for a star forward, we all know how unsexy that looks at face value. But Larsson will do well, and I wish him the best.

Still don't think Shero is done either!

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although with Stammer off the market, that makes Friday MUCH less exciting in general. Devils were never going to land him, but it was fun to wonder.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is starting to look like the Devils are going to be a really fun team to watch

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, i wish i could reach out to my old job where there were plenty of Rangers fans... would love to hear their reaction! lol

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the Oilers fan frustration. I too show my frustration for whatever reason but they are going overboard....

They're mad they lost a good off player.......1 out of like 7 they have... lol relax!!!!!!!!! You kind of JUST drafted the best prospect in years in McDavid last year... gifted another one in Puj....

They need defense and they got a great kid in the making in Larsson.... they'll never be happy but the record will start changing their tones soon enough

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lets be real here for a second.

larrson isn't that mentally strong and now hes going to be shipped from the "calm" 8th most popular sport on the 4th most popular team in a metro area. now?

hes going to a canadian market where the team hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years all they have are the oilers and you just got traded for their best LW and top 5 in the nhl. you have to actually feel bad for him because no one even mentions him in this trade lol. hes got big shoes to fill and everyone will be judging him. during his time here is that the type of person larrson seemed to be?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have themselves to blame... never drafted a balanced team or sign FAs to help balance the roster....

They can keep gathering all the hot prospects/off talent they want but it won't get them anywhere as it shows...

plus, they might very well land Lucic who's not that bad of the signing to begin with...