• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Halfway home

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had a pro football team to call my own since the early 60s so I don't miss it. I think the Reds are still pretty fun now, not like they were in April when i wondered how to spend summer.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Reds keep playing this way it's not going to be long until they start moving up in the standings.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's unreasonable to believe the Reds could finish 3rd in the NL-C.

The Pirates are on a path to the basement.

The Cards look like a team heading in the wrong direction. The Cards have been trending toward mediocrity for the past three seasons. It may be time for the Cards to re-evaluate whether John Mozeliak is the guy moving forward.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's unreasonable to believe the Reds could finish 3rd in the NL-C.

The Pirates are on a path to the basement.

The Cards look like a team heading in the wrong direction. The Cards have been trending toward mediocrity for the past three seasons. It may be time for the Cards to re-evaluate whether John Mozeliak is the guy moving forward.
For the first time, it doesn't appear that St. Lou can just pluck a prize from the minors and keep rolling. Their infield is marginal and getting old on the corners. They don't have a solid replacement for Yadi and i am not at all high on their outfield. Pitching is their one asset but that bullpen is mediocre.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards fired Mike Matheny instead of Mozeliak.

I think the departure of Jeffrey Luhnow in 2011 has exposed Mozeliak.

Jocketty brought Mozeliak with him when the Cards hired him. Jocketty's departure was prompted by Luhnow becoming a driving force in the Cardinals success. The Cardinals should have promoted Luhnow instead of Mozeliak. The Astros are glad the Cardinals didn't.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards fired Mike Matheny instead of Mozeliak.

I think the departure of Jeffrey Luhnow in 2011 has exposed Mozeliak.

Jocketty brought Mozeliak with him when the Cards hired him. Jocketty's departure was prompted by Luhnow becoming a driving force in the Cardinals success. The Cardinals should have promoted Luhnow instead of Mozeliak. The Astros are glad the Cardinals didn't.
Mathney is not unlike a lot of managers who tried to win with replacement level players. The Cards got old and slow right before our eyes and they depend too much on pitchers who are constantly hurting their elbows.