• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hack needs to ride the pine.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all.

Was about to post this myself. I don't think he needs to be benched because we don't have any better options, but he has been pretty bad this year. Obviously the talent around him hasn't been great, but he has clearly regressed from last year. In this temple game alone I've seen him miss several easy throws, that INT he threw was about as bad a throw as you can make.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be getting more protection today but is still making poor throws..

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then who are you putting in??

Listen, I agree he made some dumb decisions, but appeared to settle down and make some nice throws as second half went on. Carter had a huge drop and Hamilton dropped a laser right on this hands for a TD.

I think we will be able to keep running game going with Diff and Smith back so we will be able to keep teams honest and use some play action.

Bottom line, they are NEVER going to put DJ Crook in and aren't burning a RS on McSorely or O'Connor this late, so just hope line keeps producing and guys actually start catching the damn ball when he does throw a strike

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then who are you putting in??

Listen, I agree he made some dumb decisions, but appeared to settle down and make some nice throws as second half went on. Carter had a huge drop and Hamilton dropped a laser right on this hands for a TD.

I think we will be able to keep running game going with Diff and Smith back so we will be able to keep teams honest and use some play action.

Bottom line, they are NEVER going to put DJ Crook in and aren't burning a RS on McSorely or O'Connor this late, so just hope line keeps producing and guys actually start catching the damn ball when he does throw a strike

Agree 100% even a slumping Hack is still better than anyone else we have available to play QB at the moment. He did make some better throws as the game progressed, and the recievers definitely didn't help him out. Like you said hopefully we can continue to run the ball effectively and take a bit of pressure off of him. I think Rahne needs to work with him more on his footwork. His arm is plenty strong enough to make most of the throws but he's off target far too much, a lot of this issues can be cleaned up with some tweaks with his footwork I think

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Hack should continue. He is the best we have right now.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting him is a fan reaction. The guy has been ducking rushing lineman all year and his footwork has gone to hell. One of the picks was a wrong route. He has had no run game until the last game or two. With Smith and Diff back that should help both the run game and pass thereby also helping Hack.

He doesn't throw well on the run but that can be helped with coaching.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win over Temple and being bowl eligible at 6-4 can't hurt either.