• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GS is the most overrated team in nba history

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn't. If GS hit the shots they hit in the regular season, they win. Steph 1-6 down the stretch is why they lost. Last year when GS won, Cleveland didn't have Kyrie or KLove....those are called the breaks..
I tend to believe that the many bad calls took the Warriors out of their rhythm and natural chemistry, but I also think Green cost them their win when he did the flagarant foul. By doing that and getting suspended, it gave Miami a chance to beat the Warriors and then when Green was down, Bogut got hurt which upset the Warriors for the next game because they needed both Green and Bogut to win. The Warriors is the deepest team in the NBA when it comes to shooting, but they are not very deep with defensive minded players and Green and Bogut along with Iguoagala is about it. If Green had behaved himself, I think that series would have been over quickly

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to believe that the many bad calls took the Warriors out of their rhythm and natural chemistry, but I also think Green cost them their win when he did the flagarant foul. By doing that and getting suspended, it gave Miami a chance to beat the Warriors and then when Green was down, Bogut got hurt which upset the Warriors for the next game because they needed both Green and Bogut to win. The Warriors is the deepest team in the NBA when it comes to shooting, but they are not very deep with defensive minded players and Green and Bogut along with Iguoagala is about it. If Green had behaved himself, I think that series would have been over quickly
Very possible, but I think the suspension was 100% called for, and moreover, he should have been suspended against the Thunder

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more GSW win and this is going to the main board. Heck, I might even sticky it. :lol:

Sounds good, since it was right and true it really should go back!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
walk if off
I was rooting for the Cavs so I don't really need to walk off anything. Lebron took over. Also GS wasn't overrated. They lost a 7 game series to a team with the best player of this generation.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're essentially this era's Mid 2000's Phoenix Suns.. Only less Offensively dynamic, better defense more one dimensional and with no Peak Mid 2000's Spurs team around.

They would probably be a 2nd tier team in the 90s-00's. Definitely nowhere among the best of the best.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was rooting for the Cavs so I don't really need to walk off anything. Lebron took over. Also GS wasn't overrated. They lost a 7 game series to a team with the best player of this generation.

A 73 win team with the unanimous mvp lost on their homecourt which has never happened before in the history of the nba after being up 3-1

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're essentially this era's Mid 2000's Phoenix Suns.. Only less Offensively dynamic, better defense more one dimensional and with no Peak Mid 2000's Spurs team around

They were statistically better than the 96 bulls in almost every category

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were statistically better than the 96 bulls in almost every category

And they lost as many times in the post season as they did the regular season and served up the biggest choke in NBA History. They shouldn't even be mentioned alongside the GOAT bulls. It was a total joke they ever were really. Everyone knows (Well now they do), the Bulls would have swept the Warriors with ease.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 73 win team with the unanimous mvp lost on their homecourt which has never happened before in the history of the nba after being up 3-1
Yes, and unfortunately for them they didn't have the best player in the league. When the Bulls won 72 games they had the best player. The Warriors didn't. Lebron has been the MVP of the whole fuckin sport almost as long as he's been playing in my opinion.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and unfortunately for them they didn't have the best player in the league. When the Bulls won 72 games they had the best player. The Warriors didn't. Lebron has been the MVP of the whole fuckin sport almost as long as he's been playing in my opinion.

Agreed, which makes you wonder how the experts who didn't give lebron a single mvp vote could get it so wrong

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, which makes you wonder how the experts who didn't give lebron a single mvp vote could get it so wrong
Because he has a losing record in the finals and has had a history of giving up in the fourth quarter. This would be the first time he actually took charge, didn't give up and did everything he needed to do, and don't lose sight that he did have three horrible games in which he go skewered for so you can stop acting like he was victimized - He wasn't

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he has a losing record in the finals and has had a history of giving up in the fourth quarter. This would be the first time he actually took charge, didn't give up and did everything he needed to do, and don't lose sight that he did have three horrible games in which he go skewered for so you can stop acting like he was victimized - He wasn't

The Derpa Derp is strong in this one.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the NBA much so I don't claim to be an expert on the topic, but I'd assume winning 73 games means they're pretty good.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they were completely overrated. They faced arguably the best performing team in the post-season (OKC who beat the Spurs) at that point and the best player in the league since Jordan giving arguably the best performance of his career in the finals (arguably the best finals performance ever).

You can't just play both sides of the same coin there. It seems the exact same posters saying "the West at the top is so dominant" and "teams using FA to build too much talent for the select few top teams make them really tough to beat".... which are the same teams the Warriors have dominated the last two seasons are now the ones saying the exact opposite when they say the Warriors are just completely overrated.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they were completely overrated. They faced arguably the best performing team in the post-season (OKC who beat the Spurs) at that point and the best player in the league since Jordan giving arguably the best performance of his career in the finals (arguably the best finals performance ever).

You can't just play both sides of the same coin there. It seems the exact same posters saying "the West at the top is so dominant" and "teams using FA to build too much talent for the select few top teams make them really tough to beat".... which are the same teams the Warriors have dominated the last two seasons are now the ones saying the exact opposite when they say the Warriors are just completely overrated.
Hardly over-rated when they went to the finals two years straight and won 73 games in one season. That's really a retarded thing to say. Now if the op wanted to say hey there, The Warriors are not as good as their record indicates. That would have been a legitimate argument. The Warriors was one game away from winning it all and the only reason they didn't is because Green had to be stupid and get suspended a game which resulted in Bogut getting injured. Losing Green and then Bogut just wrecked their chemistry and they never recovered. The Warriors, however do need to think about some better defensive minded players if they want to win more championships