• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden calls Smith a "no brainer"

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VTsparks and Coach...so when I am correct after our poor season and Gruden is fired, do I still get the bullshit and facepalm emoji, or will you admit you are both dumb asses?

Sure. No problem admitting if I am wrong...thing is, you have to play the games first, that’s what that was all about.

So....you willing to admit that you are a dumb ass if we have a “successful” season.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions are fine, insisting over and over and over and over and over again that (the generic) your prediction is the only correct one before the fact against others who have also made predictions before the fact, is like the dating, mating, hating game. Fun at the start, tolerable with time and ultimately, destructive.

We all have thoughts, ideas and perspectives on the machinations of this organization. We commonly agree and disagree on them which is fodder for great debate and prolonged posts. We moan, groan, and exult, often, in unison, as things go from bad to worse or bad to good. We fight like cats and dogs over points large and small and then we give in to our better selves and dive head first into destruction.

So here's my charge... debate, benign or heated is healthy, more so when attempting to convince another through fact, history, humor and or logic. That said, I challenge everyone on this board to show me one instance where personal insults have done anything relative to making this, the very best site that it can be.

Except those who are saying it is going to be a rough season are using facts and logic to back up their opinions.

Those who say things are hunky dooray are using stupidity and lunacy such as Bruce Allen said so or Gruden says.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. No problem admitting if I am wrong...thing is, you have to play the games first, that’s what that was all about.

So....you willing to admit that you are a dumb ass if we have a “successful” season.

I will admit I was wrong. Based on the information, losing is the only logical conclusion for this team.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont respect Jay Gruden.

I think he is a spineless "yes man" who rarely gives an honest take.

With that said I could see him becoming a successful coach in his 2nd HC stint. Ashburn is a black hole for head coaches.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Devil is in the details. Define a successful season. Because by all accounts, the move to Smith was primarily about not paying Cousins and also not regressing.

So if those are the criteria, then 7-9 would in fact be a successful season.

My take, 10-6, winning a playoffs game, and at minimum playing in a second playoffs game would be a Success. Its what I expected from the team with Cousins as the QB and a modest level of health and improvement to the roster. So Im holding to that expectation considering we now have a better QB and should still have the better talent.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My predictions go like this:

The Redskins will be somewhere between 16-0 and 0-16

AJ McCarron will not be our QB. The question is will he be starter or will it be Peterman or whichever QB Buffalo drafts? :D

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My predictions go like this:

The Redskins will be somewhere between 16-0 and 0-16

AJ McCarron will not be our QB. The question is will he be starter or will it be Peterman or whichever QB Buffalo drafts? :D
these are the risk taking predictions this board is known for , :10:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except those who are saying it is going to be a rough season are using facts and logic to back up their opinions.

Those who say things are hunky dooray are using stupidity and lunacy such as Bruce Allen said so or Gruden says.

OK, but isn't also for some optimism? It seems to me that every year fans all over the NFL landscape begin with a hopeful perspective on the upcoming year. I'm sure that even Cleveland fans begin with "If only....." then that would be a successful season.

There's no justification for adult human beings to resort to personal insults, key word personal.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but isn't also for some optimism? It seems to me that every year fans all over the NFL landscape begin with a hopeful perspective on the upcoming year. I'm sure that even Cleveland fans begin with "If only....." then that would be a successful season.

There's no justification for adult human beings to resort to personal insults, key word personal.

What is the reason for optimism? This offseason we have downgraded QB, OL, front 7, and had an incredible downgrade at corner (similar to the downgrade at WR the previous season except worse).

The only place we “may” have improved is WR...emphasis on may.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier, if he thought Cousin's wouldn't cut the ball loose he is liable to be even more frustrated by Smith. Hope I am wrong, I hope he lights it up.
I consider Smith an upgrade over Cousins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now.. you wont take it personal if I doubt your sincerity in Smith actually being a good thing for the Redskins will you??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the reason for optimism? This offseason we have downgraded QB, OL, front 7, and had an incredible downgrade at corner (similar to the downgrade at WR the previous season except worse).

The only place we “may” have improved is WR...emphasis on may.

Who knows? people do what people do, I call it NFL madness, in fact somewhere in the most pessimistic minds, and. despite every metric screaming otherwise, there's a bit of hope. Maybe it comes from knowing that every year there's some surprising team(s) stepping up, the result of parity no doubt, but it's there.

To me Gruden is the wildcard when it comes to QB/offensive efficiency here. Say what you will against the guy and his penchant to forgo the run game, our defensive deficiencies or whatever, he is still one of the top offensive design minds in the game.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I believe that on the whole it's a wash between the two, I am interested in knowing why you believe as you do? Thanks!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for the Skins is pretty much.......aw fuck. And the beat goes on.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows? people do what people do, I call it NFL madness, in fact somewhere in the most pessimistic minds, and. despite every metric screaming otherwise, there's a bit of hope. Maybe it comes from knowing that every year there's some surprising team(s) stepping up, the result of parity no doubt, but it's there.

To me Gruden is the wildcard when it comes to QB/offensive efficiency here. Say what you will against the guy and his penchant to forgo the run game, our defensive deficiencies or whatever, he is still one of the top offensive design minds in the game.

Zero optimism from me on this upcoming season. I take that back...my optimism is we have such a poor season, Allen is fired.

I also don’t believe Gruden is that good an offensive mind. His offenses are not the top scorers.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero optimism from me on this upcoming season. I take that back...my optimism is we have such a poor season, Allen is fired.

There it is!!! I knew that somewhere in that analytical mind some hope resided. Allen being fired has been a particular mantra of mine since 2012!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see more treading of water , more heartbreaking losses , defense not making key stops time management still an issue and cap and draft issues because the FO doesnt value draft picks or our guys we developed

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now.. you wont take it personal if I doubt your sincerity in Smith actually being a good thing for the Redskins will you??
Of course not... :rolleyes2:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I believe that on the whole it's a wash between the two, I am interested in knowing why you believe as you do? Thanks!
Because Smith has had more success.