• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronk to the Rams? Hear me out...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odell is 10 times more valuable an asset than Gronk
Odell is a good 3.5 years younger so I tend to agree especially when you factor in Gronk's injury history.

Odell is probably worth a 1st and maybe a 3-5th rounder. Gronk is just worth a 4-5th rounder imo. Gronk could retire in a year or two.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he is still the best TE in the game. I just don't agree they don't need him.
check out their W/L record without him.

and i love me some fiesta.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never give up a 2nd for Gronk. The talent is unquestionable, but reliability is a huge concern.

Agreed but when he does play he's a game changer. He can win a championship for you.

In case, I don't want him traded. I think this is more about news in the dead football news period.

Let's see how his acting career takes off. I'm skeptical. Like many, he might go when Brady goes..

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's too much damaged goods to give up a 1st or 2nd for because with the amount of injuries he's had he's not getting any more durable and it's not a matter of IF he'll miss games but how many games he'll miss.

I could see the 9ers going after him though as TE is a big part of Shanahan's offense and the 9ers need that big time pass catching TE. Also with the Jimmy G trade it's clear Shanahan and Belichick have a good relationship so I think the 9ers could get him for a pretty fair price.

I don't see Gronk being traded but usually when stuff like this comes out it means somebody is thinking about it and wants some teams to call to see what the market would be.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, at this point EVERYONE to the Rams...

*some random person on this thread, "what does he mean everyone?"

giphy.gif

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF is way more believable to me than LA right now. They can stand to absorb the risks Gronk has to help contend now. That isn't a very talented roster and the void is there capwise to do it.

Not to me. I think SF is taking more of a long term approach. Seems the Rams are more in a win it now mode.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but when he does play he's a game changer. He can win a championship for you.

In case, I don't want him traded. I think this is more about news in the dead football news period.

Let's see how his acting career takes off. I'm skeptical. Like many, he might go when Brady goes..
Again. Talent wise... No brainer. I just wouldn't give up a 2nd round pick because of his durability.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too much damaged goods to give up a 1st or 2nd for because with the amount of injuries he's had he's not getting any more durable and it's not a matter of IF he'll miss games but how many games he'll miss.

I could see the 9ers going after him though as TE is a big part of Shanahan's offense and the 9ers need that big time pass catching TE. Also with the Jimmy G trade it's clear Shanahan and Belichick have a good relationship so I think the 9ers could get him for a pretty fair price.

I don't see Gronk being traded but usually when stuff like this comes out it means somebody is thinking about it and wants some teams to call to see what the market would be.

I don't see it. I think they are going to play it more cautious with the rest of cap space as a number of players are looking for new deals in the next couple of years.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its more lynch than shannahan, but yeah.

remember, bill and lynch have been buddies since he tried to turn himself into a LBer here.

John Lynch Fondly Recalls Ending NFL Career With Patriots In 2008 (Video)

“Here’s the quick version,” Lynch said. “I had left Denver’s camp, and I thought I was done. Well, Bill Belichick started calling me every day saying, ‘We’ve got a spot. We want you to play this nickel linebacker.’ I come in here, and right away, it hit me. Once I had retired and was done in Denver, I was done mentally. I was trying to make it happen, and it wasn’t happening. “I went to Bill before that last game, and I said, ‘Bill, I’m not going to play this year. I’m done. But I’ve got one request: I want you to let me play the entire fourth preseason game.’ He said, ‘I can’t do that. You’ll be out there with free agents.’ I said, ‘Please.’ He did, and let me tell you, I had some fun.”

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
its more lynch than shannahan, but yeah.

remember, bill and lynch have been buddies since he tried to turn himself into a LBer here.

Yea but Bill is also tight with the Shanahan's because Mike defended him during the spygate scandal to the commish.

And depending on how much you buy into that Wickersome report that came out a couple of months ago Bill also coached up Kyle during the combine last year over the SB loss.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they trading for Tony Gonzalez?

Talent does you no good if you are not on the field.

Gonzalez isn’t better then Gronkowski. Gronkowski has as many 1000 yard seasons as Gonzalez had in 17 years. It took Gonzo a dozen years to have as many TDS Gronkowski has already. HOF no doubt and an all time great but Gronk is unstoppable.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzalez isn’t better then Gronkowski. Gronkowski has as many 1000 yard seasons as Gonzalez had in 17 years. It took Gonzo a dozen years to have as many TDS Gronkowski has already. HOF no doubt and an all time great but Gronk is unstoppable.
im in this camp, as is...tony gonzalez himself.

the argument is always "derrr, look whos throwing to tony!"

gronks the best TE i have ever seen play. gonzalez was awesome, and a true all around athlete...but gronks just on another plain of being unstoppable.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please...

Gronk had Tom Brady throwing to him his entire career in a pass happy era.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im in this camp, as is...tony gonzalez himself.

the argument is always "derrr, look whos throwing to tony!"

gronks the best TE i have ever seen play. gonzalez was awesome, and a true all around athlete...but gronks just on another plain of being unstoppable.
Gonzalez missed 2 games in 17 years. That speaks volumes. If Brady was throwing to him, during that time??

It is always the argument because it is a fully legit argument.