• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Griffey very 1st at bat MLB The Show 2017

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Franchise mode added Griff to the M's roster, this was his 1st at bat second pitch... got me kinda pumped up, thought I'd share...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note: I haven't played a video game in decades. The quality has definitely changed...lol. Pretty cool.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note: I haven't played a video game in decades. The quality has definitely changed...lol. Pretty cool.

Yeah, they've come a long way for sure... Funny, this version also has retro mode where you can play it like the 90's SNES Griffey game.... It's pretty funny ...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they've come a long way for sure... Funny, this version also has retro mode where you can play it like the 90's SNES Griffey game.... It's pretty funny ...

Love it! I only played sports games when I did play back in the day. I remember my wife and daughter tried to get me back into playing around 2006 by buying me Madden 2006. I had that game still in its wrap until they sold it in a garage sale a couple years back...lol

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it! I only played sports games when I did play back in the day. I remember my wife and daughter tried to get me back into playing around 2006 by buying me Madden 2006. I had that game still in its wrap until they sold it in a garage sale a couple years back...lol

You didn't miss anything - Madden 06 was a throw away anyway.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo madden peaked in 07 and has been going downhill since.

08 was a good year. I still play on PC from time to time and grab the mods off Football Idiot (formally football freaks). Best Madden game ever with NZAs editor and real draft classes. Played Madden 15' with my bro in laws nephew, and couldn't wait to stop playing. The next gen Maddens are absolute trash. Even the players look like they gotta dump ass when they're sprinting.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
08 was a good year. I still play on PC from time to time and grab the mods off Football Idiot (formally football freaks). Best Madden game ever with NZAs editor and real draft classes. Played Madden 15' with my bro in laws nephew, and couldn't wait to stop playing. The next gen Maddens are absolute trash. Even the players look like they gotta dump ass when they're sprinting.
I agree completely, i do the same thing with 08

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree, the new Maddens are just garbage... 08 on the PC is a great one though, I have that one as well, uses the older game engine from the PS2 day's where the animations and players movements are WAY smoother and more realistic feeling... The new Maddens they run like they've all had major knee construction, and the game-play overall is just terrible ... EA only puts out that lazy trash because they can, if competition was involved they would have to re-gut the entire game engine and start over... EA will NEVER do anything to fix Madden as long as people keep buying it and just accepting it's the only football title available...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, the new Maddens are just garbage... 08 on the PC is a great one though, I have that one as well, uses the older game engine from the PS2 day's where the animations and players movements are WAY smoother and more realistic feeling... The new Maddens they run like they've all had major knee construction, and the game-play overall is just terrible ... EA only puts out that lazy trash because they can, if competition was involved they would have to re-gut the entire game engine and start over... EA will NEVER do anything to fix Madden as long as people keep buying it and just accepting it's the only football title available...

LOL yes. It just looks goofy. Madden 08 running/moves look a lot more natural, to SOME degree. I do laugh when you tackle a player a certain way and they literally go from on the ground to a standing position (popping up) haha. But yah the running looks way more natural.

The new Madden's were also built with a ton of online play into consideration so the SP experience is IMO garbage. And NZAs editor (for PC) is the best thing to happen ever. Career ending injury on a great player? Uh nope, deleted. Someone's ratings are completely screwed up? Fixed. Depth charts all screwed up and starters playing who should not be? Take control of all teams and do what's needed. No realistic drafts? Import a fan made one (or make your own) and done. Teams drafting stupid players or unrealistic? Take control and fix that crap.

I'll take all that customization and smoother movements over the 'graphics improvement' any day. Hell I'll take Tecmo Super Bowl over the latest Madden's. At least the gameplay is enjoyable.

Really wish the NFL would no longer sell the license to EA Sports. Would love to see 2K take another stab as long as they don't hire some jackass like Spike Lee, who ruined a lot of NBA 2K.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL yes. It just looks goofy. Madden 08 running/moves look a lot more natural, to SOME degree. I do laugh when you tackle a player a certain way and they literally go from on the ground to a standing position (popping up) haha. But yah the running looks way more natural.

The new Madden's were also built with a ton of online play into consideration so the SP experience is IMO garbage. And NZAs editor (for PC) is the best thing to happen ever. Career ending injury on a great player? Uh nope, deleted. Someone's ratings are completely screwed up? Fixed. Depth charts all screwed up and starters playing who should not be? Take control of all teams and do what's needed. No realistic drafts? Import a fan made one (or make your own) and done. Teams drafting stupid players or unrealistic? Take control and fix that crap.

I'll take all that customization and smoother movements over the 'graphics improvement' any day. Hell I'll take Tecmo Super Bowl over the latest Madden's. At least the gameplay is enjoyable.

Really wish the NFL would no longer sell the license to EA Sports. Would love to see 2K take another stab as long as they don't hire some jackass like Spike Lee, who ruined a lot of NBA 2K.

Tecmo Super Bowl is epically good, love that game... Arcade style but hella fun game-play.. And yeah I would love to see 2K get another shot at it... NBA 2k has kinda taken some hits lately, not the same quality as it used to be, 2k11 being my fav... But would still be cool to have another option...