• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grier

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing reports that Will Grier has been suspended for the rest of the year. No idea what its about yet.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speculation is steroids. 2:30 news conference will give details.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its going to sounds like the normal, " but I didnt know it was banned" nonsense but word is that it was a medicine he took to get over the flu the week of the Ole Miss game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks.

I mean I don't really recall a player getting suspended for roids before. Didn't even know they tested in college.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't have anything good. I don't think Harris is that big of a drop off from Grier though. I am worried about who are back up is now in case Harris were to get hurt

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't have anything good. I don't think Harris is that big of a drop off from Grier though. I am worried about who are back up is now in case Harris were to get hurt
Harris is a big drop off. Notice that the offense took off when we started utilizing the TEs over the middle of the field not a strength of Harris IMO. His strength in the passing game is the deep ball because he can float the ball. The bubble screens and timing passes are where he struggles.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PED's and that is just plain stupid by Grier. Harris has problems with short passes down the middle due to his size. He will need to roll out and use his legs a ton. He usually does throw a good deep ball but the o line will have to give him time to do that. I think it is a drop off from Grier to Harris but I still think Florida can win. Grier is better then Harris on timing routes as well and was very good at spreading the ball around and utilizing the Gators tightends in the offense. Plus there have been some bad high snaps and Harris being shorter is an issue there as well.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PED's and that is just plain stupid by Grier. Harris has problems with short passes down the middle due to his size. He will need to roll out and use his legs a ton. He usually does throw a good deep ball but the o line will have to give him time to do that. I think it is a drop off from Grier to Harris but I still think Florida can win. Grier is better then Harris on timing routes as well and was very good at spreading the ball around and utilizing the Gators tightends in the offense. Plus there have been some bad high snaps and Harris being shorter is an issue there as well.

One thing we really haven't seen though is Harris in Mcelwain's system so maybe he can spread it around to the TE's, just need to give him the chance. Luckily he has been practicing as well so maybe he has gotten better. I trust the coaching staff to put him and the offense in a position to succeed and score enough points to win ball games. Might not be this week against LSU but the rest of the year so we can make the SEC Championship game

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just some notes:

• Behind a pair of first-quater touchdown runs from junior running back Kelvin Taylor, UF defeated Missouri, 21-3, in its Saturday night Southeastern Conference showdown in Columbia, Mo. The win marked Florida’s ninth 6-0 start and 13th 4-0 inauguration to SEC play in program history, and its first such start since 2012.

• In each of Florida’s five 6-0 starts since 1995, the Gators finished the season with at least 11 wins. Also, in six of UF’s eight 4-0 starts in SEC play since 1991, Florida finished the year as SEC champions.

• Jim McElwain has now won 15 of the last 16 games he’s coached and he is the first coach since Galen Hall in 1984 to start his career at UF 6-0.

• UF’s defense has been stout across the board, but, most impressively, the Gators are the only team in the country to play at least two road games without allowing a touchdown.
• The Gators were +2 in turnover margin at Missouri, and are now +8 on the season, which is the top mark in the conference and ranks eighth in the country.

• Florida continues to live in its opponents backfields, as the Gators have tallied at least three sacks in six straight games, matching its longest streak since 2009. Also, Florida has recorded multiple sacks in seven consecutive games, eclipsing its longest run since 2007 and tying the program’s longest streak since 1998.

• Florida ranks seventh in the country in sacks per game (3.50) and 12th tackles for loss (8.2).

• Offensively, sophomore Treon Harris will start his eighthcareer game at quarterback this week. Harris has a 5-2 record as a starter, including an upset win over No. 9 Georgia in his first career start last season.

• Harris, who started Florida’s final six games of 2014, recorded three touchdown passes of 70 or more yards last season, and UF as a team ranked second nationally (led the SEC) with five passing plays of 70+ yards in 2014.

• On the ground, Taylor has been the featured back as he has totals 114 carries, 438 yards and seven touchdowns.

• Demarcus Robinson has over 1,000 career receiving yards after tallying eight catches for 98 yards against Ole Miss. Meanwhile, 11 of Jake McGee’s 18 receptions (61.1%) in 2015 have gone for first downs or touchdowns.
• UF travels to Baton Rouge, La. to face LSU (5-0, 3-0) at Tiger Stadium this week in a battle of top-10
programs. This is the first time since Nov. 24, 2012 (FSU) that Florida has played in a top-10 matchup. Florida is ranked in the top 10 for the first time since the start of the 2013 season.

• The last time Florida won at LSU was on Oct. 11, 2009, when the No. 1 ranked Gators downed the No. 4 Tigers, 13-3. In that game, Tim Tebow completed 11 of 16 passes and threw one touchdown.

• Florida is 3-0 this season in games decided by 7 or fewer points; UF was 2-7 in such games the past 2 seasons.

• Stat Watch: UF’s rush defense ranks second in the SEC at 99.2 ypg, while LSU’s rush offense sits atop the conference at 346.4 ypg.
No. 8/11 Florida Gators // 6-0, 4-0 SEC No. 6/5 LSU Tigers // 5-0, 3-0 SEC

THE STORYLINE
Kelvin Taylor rushed for a pair of one-yard touchdown runs and Jalen Tabor returned an interception for a touchdown, as Florida defeated Missouri 21-3 in their Southeastern Conference game last Saturday at Faurot Field. UF quarterback Will Grier, making his second start on the SEC road, led drives of 75 and 82 yards in the first period to give the Gators (6-0, 4-0) the lead over the league’s two time defending East Division champions. Tabor’s pick-6, a 40-yarder which came off freshman quarterback Drew Lock in the third period, was his second interception return for a score this season. Grier hit 20 of 33 passes for 208 yards, while Taylor carried 28 times for 99 yards and the two scores. Offensively, UF hardly overpowered the Tigers (4-2, 1-2), finishing with just
337 yards, but the Gators did what they had to do against the league’s top-ranked defense and did not turn the ball over. The Tigers answered the UF score with a 21-yard field goal from Andrew Baggett after true freshman quarterback Drew Lock took his offense down to the Florida 5, before the Gators stiffened on defense. The Florida defense held Missouri to just 257 yards, 12 first downs and 1 for 14 on third-down conversion attempts. The Tigers had a chance to cut into the 11-point margin, but Baggett’s 54-yard field goal attempt was wide left. UF’s Jorge Powell returned the favor with 3:04 to go in the first half when he missed a 36-yarder.

we will just have to see how Treon will do against the Bayou Bengals.. hope he is up for this game.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time Florida won at LSU was on Oct. 11, 2009, when the No. 1 ranked Gators downed the No. 4 Tigers, 13-3. In that game, Tim Tebow completed 11 of 16 passes and threw one touchdown.

I see this kind of game happening again on Saturday. Maybe 13-10 but Harris just has to not turn the ball over and manage the game.