• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grier struggled last week

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understatement of the year? LOL!

I know my boy Slaton had many issues with Skyler. I won't disagree that some of his inaccuracies were due to his height, and certainly he was too pumped at times forcing his balls to sail. But, it was always my opinion that a large part of his problem was pass pro of his OL. And, the weak skills of his WR's.

Heading into this year, the buzz and hype for Grier was at epic levels. I was interested to see how well Wickline could develop the OL pass pro this year, and was as interested in seeing how Will would handle poor pass protection.

He failed his first test. An Adj QBR of 8.7. 47.6% completion rate. 4 INT's.

Hopefully he'll bounce back. But, his OL will likely continue to struggle through the rest of the season against some of the better defensive lines in the Big 12.

The next 4 games will give all of us a true glimpse if Will can become our Baker Mayfield or Patrick Mahomes or Trevor Boykin. The pressure will likely only grow...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understatement of the year? LOL!

I know my boy Slaton had many issues with Skyler. I won't disagree that some of his inaccuracies were due to his height, and certainly he was too pumped at times forcing his balls to sail. But, it was always my opinion that a large part of his problem was pass pro of his OL. And, the weak skills of his WR's.

Heading into this year, the buzz and hype for Grier was at epic levels. I was interested to see how well Wickline could develop the OL pass pro this year, and was as interested in seeing how Will would handle poor pass protection.

He failed his first test. An Adj QBR of 8.7. 47.6% completion rate. 4 INT's.

Hopefully he'll bounce back. But, his OL will likely continue to struggle through the rest of the season against some of the better defensive lines in the Big 12.

The next 4 games will give all of us a true glimpse if Will can become our Baker Mayfield or Patrick Mahomes or Trevor Boykin. The pressure will likely only grow...

You made a great point when you mentioned the extra bye week this conference had in its schedule before this year....this team for as thin as it is at certain positions could use it...irony here, seems like the likes of OU is having the same issues...the only team that seems to be not affected is Iowa State and OSU..

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he did THAT bad all things considered. He juuuust missed Sills on that first pick and that COULD have been (maybe) a case where he was rushing things because our line was outmatched or maybe Sills slipped ect. :noidea:. That pass is 4 inches to the left and Sills catches it, might have went for a TD from what I remember.
Had Simms had his head in the game rather than doing.... well whatever he was doing on that other pick, THAT could have been a good play. And had the line not had the miscommunications to go along with gettin whipped and avoided some of the endless 3rd and longs...

I'm not sayin I'm making excuses for Grier but... I'm making very good excuses that Grier could use and.. he may well be correct :lol:

I've seen QB's like Peyton Manning look similar when his line sucked and his team kept him in 3rd and long situations cause they couldn't run the ball effectively.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen QB's like Peyton Manning look similar when his line sucked and his team kept him in 3rd and long situations cause they couldn't run the ball effectively.

This is my point. Hell... Brady... Manning... Rodgers... all look like shit when they're under extreme pressure. Howard faced this crap for 2+ years, and ended up having WVU's so-called fans booing him at home. Freakin' kid almost had his head torn off his Jr year in Norman. Trust only goes so far. Will the WVU OL continue to have Grier's trust?

How many more games like last Saturday's will it take for the greatest fans in the world to do the same bullshit booing with Grier?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grier was his usual self last Saturday. In addition to the Ints he had he should have had another throwing to Sills across the middle in Double Coverage. Sills surely stopped an interception on that play. There were also several passes that were thrown behind the receiver. At one point I said the Ghost of Skyler was circling.

I think the fans give Grier a pass that Skyler did not get granted that Grier started as a 4-5 star guy.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grier was his usual self last Saturday. In addition to the Ints he had he should have had another throwing to Sills across the middle in Double Coverage. Sills surely stopped an interception on that play. There were also several passes that were thrown behind the receiver. At one point I said the Ghost of Skyler was circling.

I think the fans give Grier a pass that Skyler did not get granted that Grier started as a 4-5 star guy.

:think:

I think Grier is another level better than Howard ever was. Did Howard ever deserve boo's? No, of course not, kid punched above his weight and made the most he could with what he had to work with but he was never on Grier's level iyam.

Wish Grier could have played on last years team to see how things shook out.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ISU has their best DL since we joined the Big 12. They have experienced DB's too. I think this weekend is huge for Will and his offense. ISU held TCU to zero points... held TT to 13 points.

Makes sense the line has dropped to 2 points...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grier is a much better passer but skyler was a better runner. I think we would end up the same or worse last year. Skyler, and our defense, won every close game we played. All of our losses wer by at least 17 points and our lines were outmatched in those games.

Looking at the stars and games actually gave me a bit more respect for Skyler. Almost to the point that I wonder if we would have beaten TCU and VT with skyler instead of Grier.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton never won a title at Tennessee. They replace him with Tee Martin and instant MNC.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton never won a title at Tennessee. They replace him with Tee Martin and instant MNC.

I was talking from his days with the Colts but many of those players that won the NC for UT that year came to UT to play with Manning.

Grier comes to WVU and poof, top 25 recruiting class....:nod: