• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gregory fails another drug test

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is now facing a year suspension on top of his present one. I say cut him now

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, just rewind a year and half and we thought this guy and Hardy would be part of a potentially elite pass rush. Whoops.

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils weed got a hold on that boy.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils weed got a hold on that boy.

he and rolando would rather use the drugs than use their god-given talents to make money. Cut them and go to court and have their contracts voided and require all bonus money returned

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned in a previous Gregory thread that he would never see the field. This confirms what a moron this kid is. He obviously will never get it. Talk about throwing away millions of dollars. I was dead wrong to be glad we drafted this ahole.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is now facing a year suspension on top of his present one. I say cut him now
I agree. It is a waste of the Cowboys time and resources to keep him on the team. Time to move on from him and Mcclain. They both are only dedicated to drugs. start using 2nd rounders on Players that actually will contribute. The Cowboys would be in deep shit if they had not hit on all those first round picks.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pick looked as if it might pan out for 30 mins or so, what a fucking moron!

Stop wasting picks on these shitbags please

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: Suspended DE Randy Gregory fails another drug test; yearlong ban possible punishment

By David Moore and Brandon George

FRISCO -- The chances of Randy Gregory resuming his career with the Cowboys appears to be growing dim.

A source said Gregory failed a drug test that was administered earlier this week. Since the defensive end is currently serving his second suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy, this latest slip means he would face a one-year ban.

The NFL issued a statement Friday saying, “The league has not been notified of any new violations." Another source said the club had not been contacted by the league to inform them that Gregory failed a test earlier this week.

"We're unable, unfortunately, to comment on it," executive vice president Stephen Jones said Friday afternoon on 105.3 The Fan. "No one is supposed to be able to, but I guess some people do even though they are not supposed to. Obviously those things, until they are officially worked through, all the different moving parts that go with that, we can't comment on that.

"It is a shame because these are serious matters. These are players who are, especially in this particular area, who are fighting an illness. It's certainly not what was meant by the policy. Who knows if it's even accurate. We certainly don't at this point.

"It's certainly not good that a program that's supposed to be very confidential until it's actually determined one way or another way whether there's going to be punishment or whether there actually was a test. All those things are something that I think are unfortunate."

Even though Gregory is not allowed to take part in practice, he has a locker at The Star and is at the facility on an almost daily basis as he continues his dependency treatment.

Gregory opened the season with a four-game suspension then had another 10 games tacked on for yet another violation. He’s eligible to return from his current suspension on Dec. 19, which would make him eligible for the final two games of the regular season.

The last game Gregory played came in January. He missed all of training camp. Even before the result of this week’s test, it was unrealistic to expect that the defensive end would have been able to get in shape quickly enough to play this season.

Gregory checked himself into a treatment center this summer intending to complete the program before the Cowboys reported to training camp on July 28, sources said. But a source said that Gregory left the facility for a weekend and missed a scheduled test.

A missed test carries the same weight as a failed test.

Gregory was placed on the reserve/did not report list and did not take part in training camp. He was moved to the reserve/suspended list once the season was underway to allow him to return to the facility.

Gregory tested positive for marijuana in February 2015 at the NFL Scouting Combine and entered the league in the first stage of its substance abuse program. That’s the reason he slid to the Cowboys in the second round of the draft. He tested positive for marijuana twice at Nebraska, in January and April of ’14, and was told he would be kicked off the team if he failed a third time.

The latest impending suspension means he has failed/missed at least five tests while a member of the Cowboys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad that a kid with a clear path to making a great living playing a game will likely destroy his future. But, unlike an injured player, he had a choice and chose this path. The Dallas Cowboys owe him nothing. One thing about these guys up front on the DL is they play hard and they seem to give 100%. It would be unfair to cut one of them for this guy and I think it would also disrupt the mentality we have going with this group just like the Hardy issue did last year. He is only on the team so Jerry doesn't have to answer questions about making a mistake on draft day.

Call a cab and put him and McClain on it and give their lockers to someone who wants to play Football. I ask Garrett...do we want the "right kind of guys" who "love Football" and "do things the right way" or not???

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree time to cut bait. I hope Jerry has finally learned.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On numerous threads here all of us have given our opinions on the pick of Gregory.

Again with a failed test and letting down God only knows how many people in his life Gregory shows that he is unwilling, unable or both to curb his addiction to Weed. Regardless of thoughts about the legality of the substance the rules are CRYSTAL CLEAR on this.

It is time to let Randy battle his demons and try to get his life in order off the roster of the Cowboys. Maybe he moves to Colorado. Cali or another state that allows the free use of MJ but until he can get his addiction under control he can not play football in the NFL.

I wish you well Randy but your time in Dallas as a Cowboys should be done.

You briefly excited the fan base with the possibility of your talent but in the end you left the hope of fans and personal promises to the coaches and management of the Cowboys burned to ash and exhaled in the blue and silver smoke of MJ floating away with dreams and millions of dollars into the air of nothingness all for the sake of being high.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice Update: Gregory Returns; Two Other Defensive Linemen Missing

FRISCO, Texas – There was a new face on the field Thursday as the Cowboys reported for their first practice of Week 16.

After months of speculation and discussion about his future and his availability, Randy Gregory was in fact on hand as the Cowboys began their preparations for Detroit. It’s the first-time the second-year defensive end has been available to practice since the spring, when he took part in the offseason program.

“We anticipate him practicing,” said Cowboys coach Jason Garrett. “We’ll see how he does in individual and hopefully get more and more as the day goes on.”

Gregory was suspended four games in February for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. He had another 10 games tacked on over the summer for further violations. When the Cowboys reported to training camp, he entered a treatment facility.

It seemed like a bit of a long shot the talented pass rusher would be available when the suspension ended, but Cowboys officials have reiterated several times this week that they expect Gregory to contribute down the home stretch of the season.

“I do know that we’re planning on having him practice this week and playing this weekend,” said Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones on Monday.

Gregory’s return comes at a fortuitous time for this Dallas pass rush, as the Cowboys are coping with multiple injuries on the defensive line. DeMarcus Lawrence and Cedric Thornton both sat out of practice again, after missing all of last week and the game against Tampa Bay.

Tyrone Crawford and Benson Mayowa both suffered injuries in that win against the Buccaneers, but they were both on hand for practice on Thursday.

Morris Claiborne is still absent while he recuperates from a groin injury, but J.J. Wilcox once again practiced Thursday after returning to the field last week. The Cowboys held Wilcox out of the Tampa Bay game, but there’s optimism he’ll be available Monday against the Lions.

The Cowboys were also without Justin Durant, who injured his elbow in the second half of the Tampa Bay game.

With all those injury concerns on the defensive side of the ball, it has to be considered encouraging that the Cowboys’ entire offense was on hand for practice.

Practice Update: Gregory Returns; Two Other Defensive Linemen Missing

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I thought he failed again.