• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg McElroy, the Mommyships new sacrificial lamb

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is pretty sharp IMHO.

That said, I've yet to meet anyone from Southlake Carroll that wasn't arrogant and opnionated. I'm sure there are some, I've just never met them.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP doesn't like to see Oklahoma being criticized.

Noted.

Reactions: DJ

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the preseason. OU has some issues to fix before you say they are a top 5 team. The defense was terrible last year. The offense was amazing and it is losing the catalyst. If the offense falls to merely really good and the defense doesn’t make major steps, they are probably a fringe top 10 team. It is what it is. In month we will find out about Murray and that defense, until then no need to cry

I get all that and it’s valid. I just don’t know who you put in front of them that’s behind them except for Wisconsin and maybe Washington.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all that and it’s valid. I just don’t know who you put in front of them that’s behind them except for Wisconsin and maybe Washington.
Good point. I'd take the dirt burglars over those two...even w/o Baker.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both of those teams have less questions today than OU. Like I said give it to week 3-4 and we will have the answers

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sits his under-talented ass on the mommyship and proclaims OU as very overrated at #5....*ahem*...

1. This type of thing doesn't typically pan out well for the talking head OR the Mommyship as we have seen over and over again.

2. If he is coming at this conclusion from a "Mayfield is gone" perspective, what the fuck would he know about above-average QB play? Did he even throw a pass in college?

3. His daddy still the A/V guy for the Donghorns? If so that is strike two against you McElretard. One more and I will make you block me on the Tweeter.

4. Commentator named "Booger"? What the..
is that common in DeepFriedMoomPieLand?
worlds-smallest-violin-gif-20.gif.cf.gif

Who gives a shit?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daily Five: 2018 Preseason Coaches Poll 5 Things That Matter

Who is, technically, overrated?
Everyone likes to throw out the idea of someone or something or some team being overrated or underrated, without considering that no one’s technically rating any of those things.

The coaches just rated the top teams – so who’s overrated?

At least, according to the CFN Preseason Team Rankings – based on how good the teams are to start the season – the five most overrated teams are …

No. 5 Oklahoma
Tenth in the CFN rankings, this is a very, very good team that should be a half-step behind Wisconsin, Washington and Michigan State.

No. 11 Notre Dame
The Irish don’t have much in the receiving corps and need to reload the O line. They’re 28th in the CFN rankings.

No. 17 Virginia Tech
No real argument here, but the Hokies have some rebuilding to do. They should be around 29, but the final record will be amazing with its schedule.

No. 22 Boise State
The Broncos are going to finish well into the top 25, but on talent – especially on the offensive line and at receiver – they should be in the mid-30s.

No. 23 UCF
Ehhhhhhh, yeah, it went unbeaten last year, but this is a vastly different team. Based on returning talent and the coaching change, the Knights should be around the mid-40s.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daily Five: 2018 Preseason Coaches Poll 5 Things That Matter

Who is, technically, overrated?
Everyone likes to throw out the idea of someone or something or some team being overrated or underrated, without considering that no one’s technically rating any of those things.

The coaches just rated the top teams – so who’s overrated?

At least, according to the CFN Preseason Team Rankings – based on how good the teams are to start the season – the five most overrated teams are …

No. 5 Oklahoma
Tenth in the CFN rankings, this is a very, very good team that should be a half-step behind Wisconsin, Washington and Michigan State.

No. 11 Notre Dame
The Irish don’t have much in the receiving corps and need to reload the O line. They’re 28th in the CFN rankings.

No. 17 Virginia Tech
No real argument here, but the Hokies have some rebuilding to do. They should be around 29, but the final record will be amazing with its schedule.

No. 22 Boise State
The Broncos are going to finish well into the top 25, but on talent – especially on the offensive line and at receiver – they should be in the mid-30s.

No. 23 UCF
Ehhhhhhh, yeah, it went unbeaten last year, but this is a vastly different team. Based on returning talent and the coaching change, the Knights should be around the mid-40s.

No way to Notre Dame 28 and no way to UCF mid 40s.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fucking preseason poll, who cares, I would rather be ranked 10th-17th right now. I think we play best with a chip on our shoulder, anyway.

Almost every team will get the Overrated, sometime this season. So preseason polls are crap and someone will start a Thread in the next 60 days, with that in the title.

Of course "droider" will come in with the we did it and make them his new favorite.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fucking preseason poll, who cares, I would rather be ranked 10th-17th right now. I think we play best with a chip on our shoulder, anyway.

Almost every team will get the Overrated, sometime this season. So preseason polls are crap and someone will start a Thread in the next 60 days, with that in the title.

Of course "droider" will come in with the we did it and make them his new favorite.
IIRC, recent history proves you correct. At least in the Stoops era for the most part. Years the dirt burglars are favored they don't fare too well. When they aren't look out...they'll whoop ass.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMac > you face