• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greene Officially Re-joins Kings as Pro Scout

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Greene has officially re-joined the Los Angeles Kings as a Pro Scout, the team officially announced on Monday. Greene, who had his contract bought out in late June, was expected to serve as the club’s Pacific Division AHL scout as a part of his job description, according to team sources at the NHL Draft. Additional coverage from earlier in the summer is available here and here.

Greene had been working out regularly at the team’s El Segundo training facility, and there were a few mid-summer murmurings that he was keeping his options open to continue his playing career, but the expectation was that Greene would ultimately join the organization in a pro scouting capacity. That has come to fruition, and it’s great to see the accomplished team leader and veteran defender so quickly and seamlessly bridge his playing and post-playing careers.

Greene officially re-joins Kings as Pro Scout - LA Kings Insider

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it. A true warrior who gave it up every single night for the team, tough as nails (overall) in front of Quick and really helped change the culture of the Kings.

I would much rather have him on board as a scout instead of clowns like Emerson and Glenn Murray (although I liked him - seems like a cush job for a former fan favorite more than anything), I think the Kings will benefit from his NHL experience.

Will never forget his SH goal against the Blues in the POs in 2012 (SH? Craziness thinking it was him who followed up the play of all defenders) and who can forget moments like these:

Green Kesler.jpg Greene Quick.jpg

Love the fact it is Kesler he crushed and the last photo, he went down to block a shot in the waning moments of a game the Kings were winning and still gave it up to help the team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news. He's a character guy for sure and part of that culture shift to being more accountable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@puck I remember the Kings overall shorthanded dominance that year, and that Greene goal was huge. He followed up the play and looked more shocked than anyone that that went in. Haha

King Mensa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this - good to see a character type sticking and representing the team. Thanks Blake-y. I'm awaiting a Glen Murray hiring - common Blake-y!!!!