• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest Royal Rumble PPV

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Card so far:

*50 Man Royal Rumble featuring Daniel Bryan, Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt, Big Show, Kane, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, all three members of The New Day, Elias, Baron Corbin, Apollo, Shelton Benjamin, Sin Cara, Chad Gable, Goldust, Titus O’Neil, Mojo Rawley, Dolph Ziggler and 30 more competitors to be announced.

*Steel Cage Match: WWE Universal champion Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman vs. Roman Reigns.

*John Cena vs. Triple H.

*WWE champion AJ Styles vs. TBA. (one would think Shinsuke Nakamura)

*Ladder Match: WWE Intercontinental champion Seth Rollins vs. The Miz vs. Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor.

*WWE Smackdown Tag Team champions The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The Usos.

*For Vacant WWE Raw Tag Team championship: The Bar vs. The Revival or Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt.

*WWE Cruiserweight champion Cedric Alexander vs. TBA. (One would think Buddy Murphy)

*Undertaker vs Rusev in a Casket Match.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Card so far:

*50 Man Royal Rumble featuring Daniel Bryan, Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt, Big Show, Kane, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, all three members of The New Day, Elias, Baron Corbin, Apollo, Shelton Benjamin, Sin Cara, Chad Gable, Goldust, Titus O’Neil, Mojo Rawley, Dolph Ziggler and 30 more competitors to be announced.

*Steel Cage Match: WWE Universal champion Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman vs. Roman Reigns.

*John Cena vs. Triple H.

*WWE champion AJ Styles vs. TBA. (one would think Shinsuke Nakamura)

*Ladder Match: WWE Intercontinental champion Seth Rollins vs. The Miz vs. Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor.

*WWE Smackdown Tag Team champions The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The Usos.

*For Vacant WWE Raw Tag Team championship: The Bar vs. The Revival or Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt.

*WWE Cruiserweight champion Cedric Alexander vs. TBA. (One would think Buddy Murphy)

*Undertaker vs Rusev in a Casket Match.
Idk what to think about the tag titles, but I definitely feel that The Bar won't be winning. On one hand, you have the heels in The Revival. Signs point to them, as they had a face team take the titles off of The Bar at WM. On the other hand, you have Wyatt and Hardy, who seem to be having a huge push right now.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE announced this afternoon that Chris Jericho will replace Rusev in the Casket Match against The Undertaker at the 4/27 Greatest Royal Rumble event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

After making a return to the ring in the 2018 Royal Rumble and being backstage at Wrestlemania 34, former WWE champion Rey Mysterio is heading to Saudi Arabia for the Greatest Royal Rumble on 4/27, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE announced this afternoon that Chris Jericho will replace Rusev in the Casket Match against The Undertaker at the 4/27 Greatest Royal Rumble event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

After making a return to the ring in the 2018 Royal Rumble and being backstage at Wrestlemania 34, former WWE champion Rey Mysterio is heading to Saudi Arabia for the Greatest Royal Rumble on 4/27, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
Vince probably wasn't too happy about this comment:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole ordeal is just odd. If its a work (and I think it is), its a very stupid one by WWE. You're not helping anyone making fake drama.
Yeah, so they are going to run with the angle that Rusev only participates in matches that Lana approves of? The same Lana that hasn't accompanied Rusev to the ring in months?

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so they are going to run with the angle that Rusev only participates in matches that Lana approves of? The same Lana that hasn't accompanied Rusev to the ring in months?
I thought they might be trying to highlight that none of the women can go to Saudi but to do it with Lana and Rusev when as you pointed out they haven't been accompanying each other to matches on TV in months is very odd. They did appear in the mixed match challenge together but that ended before WM. I also thought maybe they were moving Rusev to either the US or Intercontinental title match but that doesn't appear to be their plan either.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're still married so she doesn't have to accompany him for her to create a reason.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're still married so she doesn't have to accompany him for her to create a reason.
I know, but the whole concept of her not "allowing" Rusev to participate in the match makes zero sense since the first we really heard about it was after the fact that Rusev was put back into the match.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but the whole concept of her not "allowing" Rusev to participate in the match makes zero sense since the first we really heard about it was after the fact that Rusev was put back into the match.
Plus, "My wife won't let me wrestle" is such weak sauce!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't even think it was that. I was talking more about WWE working over smart marks by making it seem like Rusev has real life beef with WWE and wants to leave.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter Moment - No women will perform at WWE's event in Saudi Arabia

People got realizing last night that it is an all-male PPV. Now there are many on Twitter that are complaining about it and are saying that women should have an all-female PPV later.

Even Renee will not have a spot on the kickoff show and the person calling wrestlers to the ring will be male. But that is the way Saudi Arabia is and WWE knows you have to respect their culture if (1) you want their money and (2) want to return. I am willing to bet the contract has a no female clause on it.

They realize that WWE finally got the trust by Saudi Arabia to have an all-male show, don't they?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple H said it best;

“I understand that people are questioning it, but you have to understand that every culture is different and just because you don’t agree with a certain aspect of it, it doesn’t mean it’s not a relevant culture. You can’t dictate to a country or a religion about how they handle things but, having said that, WWE is at the forefront of a women’s evolution in the world and what you can’t do is affect change anywhere by staying away from it.”

“While, right now, women are not competing in the event, we have had discussions about that and we believe and hope that, in the next few years they will be. That is a significant cultural shift in Saudi Arabia.

“The country is in the middle of a shift in how it is dealing with that – the position is changing, and rights are changing, as are the way women are handled and treated in society. We think that’s a great thing and we’re excited to be at the forefront of that change.”

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Cena vs HHH - singles match
- It doesn't matter who wins. This is obviously a match where both of these guys wanted to be part of the historic event.
- Prediction - HHH
Bludgeon Brothers vs Usos - SmackDown Tag Team Championship match
- This feud is better than I thought it would, even though I thought it wouldn't be bad. At least we won't have to worry about Naomi interrupting the match.
- Prediction - Usos due to DQ, Bludgeon Brothers still Tag Team Champions
Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt vs The Bar - vacant Raw Tag Team Championship match
- Weird that Jeff is back and Matt is with Bray, but with his "Delete" gimmick, it works. I think this will be a great match because these guys are good.
- Prediction - Hardy/Wyatt wins due to pinfall
Jeff Hardy vs Jinder Mahal - United State Championship
- I will admit, since Jinder has been on Raw, I have enjoyed him more. I don't know if they have a new pool of opponents for him or what, but he has impressed me. I still think Rusev should have won at WM, though. Jeff is a good feud for him right now.
- Prediction - Mahal wins by pinfall, distraction helps him win.
Undertaker vs Rusev - Casket Match
- Confused by this match. Wish Undertaker would have helped build it up more.
- Prediction - Undertaker wins
AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura - WWE Championship
- I like Nakamura as a heel. He is better as a heel in regards to making the other guy look better as a face.
- Prediction - Styles kicks out of Nakamura's low blows and remains champion. Or Nakamura gets DQ'd.
Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor vs Samoa Joe vs The Miz - Ladder Match for Intercontinental Championship
- This has a good mix of characters. I think all four would be great as champions, but Balor would be my last choice.
- Prediction - Since US Championship is on Raw, Samoa Joe or Miz will win. I am predicting Samoa Joe.
Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns - Steel Cage Match for Universal Championship
- How many times have they faced each other now? How many times has Reigns won? Anybody else think WWE should pick a new person to face Lesnar?
- Prediction - Reigns finally wins. Big platform for a big moment.

Last edited:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they will have backstage interviews and promos for those watching on PPV and those that speak English in Saudi Arabia.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a good match with Cena vs HHH. It is almost like a vintage wrestling match that you would see back in territory days. Nothing from top of ropes, staying in the ring, a lot of playing the crowd. It is actually pretty good.

Of course, I post this and they go outside the ring and then Cena jumps from top rope.