• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GREATEST NBA SEASON EVER!!!!!!!!!!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on where LeBron and KAwhi go.

The Rockets have a puncher's chance if they return mostly as is. Nobody else really does as currently constructed. Maybe Boston, but that isn't until the Finals.

I have never seen a team give less effort in a game 7 than the Warriors did in the first half. They could get more complacent next year, but if they ever decide they want to totally dominate they are capable.

The Warriors need a reconstruction of their bench. It's going to be a real challenge, because they're hamstrung by the cap, but they'll need to get some reliable bench guards/wings. We've seen a complete lack of depth which has hurt them really badly in the Rockets series. Once Iguodala went down, McCaw was out with injury, it was up to Nick Young and Quinn Cook (2-way contract guy) to play minutes in the WCF. That's pretty slim pickings.

Additionally the Warriors had to rely on Looney (who's likely gone) and a rookie in Bell to contribute big minutes.

The Rockets will absolutely have a shot next year if they retain Chris Paul and Clint Capela. They could use an additional piece but as constructed they're still going to be formidable.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably the first year in a couple of decades where I haven't watched a single NBA game.

It seems like everyone else is digging the lopsided NBA, though, so the NBA is doing something right.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors need a reconstruction of their bench. It's going to be a real challenge, because they're hamstrung by the cap, but they'll need to get some reliable bench guards/wings. We've seen a complete lack of depth which has hurt them really badly in the Rockets series. Once Iguodala went down, McCaw was out with injury, it was up to Nick Young and Quinn Cook (2-way contract guy) to play minutes in the WCF. That's pretty slim pickings.

Additionally the Warriors had to rely on Looney (who's likely gone) and a rookie in Bell to contribute big minutes.

The Rockets will absolutely have a shot next year if they retain Chris Paul and Clint Capela. They could use an additional piece but as constructed they're still going to be formidable.

I like Bell's potential next year, but he has some really bad moments in game 7.

This has not been talked about really, but the Curry injury really hurt the playoff roster. Casspi could have helped against the Rockets playing as a 3/4. Would have given them another way to use a small lineup while getting a little more scoring punch without completely giving up on defense by using Nick Young.

I agree they will need to add somebody. Matchups with Houston made their depth look a lot worse than it really is though. McGee and West contribute against everybody else.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bell's potential next year, but he has some really bad moments in game 7.

This has not been talked about really, but the Curry injury really hurt the playoff roster. Casspi could have helped against the Rockets playing as a 3/4. Would have given them another way to use a small lineup while getting a little more scoring punch without completely giving up on defense by using Nick Young.

I agree they will need to add somebody. Matchups with Houston made their depth look a lot worse than it really is though. McGee and West contribute against everybody else.

I think West will probably hang it up. Bell will be solidly in the rotation next year and I think they probably bring back McGee on a minimum and let him have the starting role. After that I think Young and Zaza are definitely gone. Cook's going to be on the roster after being signed.

Looney will be interesting because CBA says the Warriors can only bring him back for less than his player option amount, which was declined by the Warriors. If he gets even a decent offer somewhere else, I think he's gone as he should be. He's still only 21. McCaw's restricted, so it'll be interesting to see if he gets any offers. I think he has a high chance of being back since he was injured last year and didn't really do anything to impress (at least me) this year.

So basically I think there are 3 roster spots open. I'm hoping they can get a guy looking for a bounce back year or looking to parlay a 1 and 1 contract to a bigger offer. Pipe dream for me would be Avery Bradley, who's coming off an injury. He would provide some nasty defense off the bench and some scoring pop. They could sign him to a 1 and 1 contract. Will Barton I think would be nice, but I think he'll be out of the price range.

Next year for sure guys:

Steph
Klay
Durant
Draymond
Iguodala
Bell
Cook
Livingston
Jones

Probably Back:
Javale
McCaw

Unknown:
Looney

Gone:
West
Pachulia
Young

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think West will probably hang it up. Bell will be solidly in the rotation next year and I think they probably bring back McGee on a minimum and let him have the starting role. After that I think Young and Zaza are definitely gone. Cook's going to be on the roster after being signed.

Looney will be interesting because CBA says the Warriors can only bring him back for less than his player option amount, which was declined by the Warriors. If he gets even a decent offer somewhere else, I think he's gone as he should be. He's still only 21. McCaw's restricted, so it'll be interesting to see if he gets any offers. I think he has a high chance of being back since he was injured last year and didn't really do anything to impress (at least me) this year.

So basically I think there are 3 roster spots open. I'm hoping they can get a guy looking for a bounce back year or looking to parlay a 1 and 1 contract to a bigger offer. Pipe dream for me would be Avery Bradley, who's coming off an injury. He would provide some nasty defense off the bench and some scoring pop. They could sign him to a 1 and 1 contract. Will Barton I think would be nice, but I think he'll be out of the price range.

Next year for sure guys:

Steph
Klay
Durant
Draymond
Iguodala
Bell
Cook
Livingston
Jones

Probably Back:
Javale
McCaw

Unknown:
Looney

Gone:
West
Pachulia
Young

I'm gonna miss the hell out of David West. Swaggy too but not for his on court performance.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Unless LeBron returns to Cleveland.

Because barring injury and/or ridiculous complacency, GS is going back.

Especially when LeBron joins them.......

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like an exaggeration.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably the first year in a couple of decades where I haven't watched a single NBA game.

It seems like everyone else is digging the lopsided NBA, though, so the NBA is doing something right.

I'm not

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't waste time watching the western conference the next 2 years.

East will be more interesting

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't waste time watching the western conference the next 2 years.

East will be more interesting

I doubt this is true. Was there no reason to watch the West this year? 7 game WCF not good enough for ya?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt this is true. Was there no reason to watch the West this year? 7 game WCF not good enough for ya?

Not with the Rockets 2nd best player out and everyone knowing even with the Warriors down 3-2 that there was no possible way they lose the series if Paul didn't play game 6 or 7

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with the Rockets 2nd best player out and everyone knowing even with the Warriors down 3-2 that there was no possible way they lose the series if Paul didn't play game 6 or 7

Kinda had to watch a lot of games before you knew not to watch. And wasn't it intriguing to see if the Rockets could overcome it? Or are you one of those 'just tell me the score and who won' types?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda had to watch a lot of games before you knew not to watch. And wasn't it intriguing to see if the Rockets could overcome it? Or are you one of those 'just tell me the score and who won' types?

I watch because tv is ass in may/june

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, so if the networks would only put some good shows out in the summer you could skip being an NBA fan entirely. Dude, Netflix!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so if the networks would only put some good shows out in the summer you could skip being an NBA fan entirely. Dude, Netflix!

I wouldn't waste my time watching any Warriors playoffs series except the finals. I would continue to watch the other series

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just get vet. min guys that want a title like west and pachulia--- its not that hard

the cavs got wade, rose and green- sometimes they work out- sometimes you cut their ass

Green saved our ass in the CONFERENCE FINALS going for 19 and 8...lol....im sure there was someone that you could have had that would do more than fucking Looney or Bell....for shitsake.

I get it- you want to develop a guy since young guys are cheap and with you for a couple years- but cmon now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westworld is pretty crazy shit if oyu have HBO.

I watch a lot of different series--- and Westworld is truly a unique kind of fucked up shot that is pretty cool. Totally something different.

i have watched a ton of shows--- Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Billions, Dexter, Deadwood, Ray Donovan, Walking Dead, Homeland, Sopranos, True Detective, Entourage, True Blood, Man in the High Castle, Justified, The Crown, Mindhunter, etc.....if you need a recommendation

id prob go

1. Game of Thrones (like watching a LONG movie- unreal)
2. Breaking Bad - no show got stronger as it went on like this one
3. The Wire- truly amazing- makes you smarter- breaks your heart- so funny- got weak in the last season
4. Mad Men- a show that survives based on great writing and great characters- no crazy murders/outrageous stuff- the most outrageous thing that i think happens is dude getting his foot run over by a lawn mower in the office)
5. Homeland- Claire Daines does crazy better than anyone i have ever seen
6. True Detective (season 1 was AMAZING- one of my favorite seasons of TV ever- season 2 blew- Mathew McConagheys charter is one of my favorites of all time)
7. Ray Donovan - really really funny at times.
8. Sopranos (I thought it was good- just did not get the hype- it gets a lot of hype because it was the first big "prestige" TV show)
9. Justified- a fun show- nothing serious- just a fun show to watch
10. Man in the High Castle (this is another crazy show--- what if the Nazis and Japs won WWII?)
11. Dexter - got BAD in the last season or two but its first 3-4 seasons were great
12. The Crown (really interesting actually- rest be assured- Megan Markle AINT GETTING IN THE ROYAL FAMILY back then - crazy)
13. Walking Dead- its a soap opera with Zombies- no beggining middle or end really- just a slog but im invested at this point- still gives you some crazy moments

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fair points. But if the Warriors win the title again this year, I think it will be that much harder to keep things together next year. Certainly not impossible I would still give them the best odds to win the title next year. But after last season I had them returning to the finals at about 90% and the Cavs at about the same.

Then Kyrie asked for a trade and the East got shook up.

I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that something strange happens in Oakland. KD decides to sign somewhere else. Klay Thompson asks for a trade. Draymond asks for a trade. Iggy retires. I'm not saying that any of those things will happen or are even likely to happen. But, IMO, I see the cracks in the armor right now and who knows how that will ultimately play out.

I Don't know. The cracks in the armor so to speak was the direct result of Iggy not playing most of the series against Houston. Do the Warriors need 7 games to beat the Rockets if Iggy played all series? No way..

It would take Lebron joining Houston or a Lebron/Leonard collusion somewhere to stop the Warriors.

Whether the Warriors win the title or not next year will depend on that.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Don't know. The cracks in the armor so to speak was the direct result of Iggy not playing most of the series against Houston. Do the Warriors need 7 games to beat the Rockets if Iggy played all series? No way..

It would take Lebron joining Houston or a Lebron/Leonard collusion somewhere to stop the Warriors.

Whether the Warriors win the title or not next year will depend on that.

your ride is here

0241c9648c8deb8184b892dfb5796aad--bus-humor-short-bus.jpg