• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great year for majors

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 well deserving champs. DJ was the one guy who's game would have won a few if his head were straight but the other 3 were guys with monster games when they're on but just weren't able to get it to click at major time. I like rooting for the front-runners just as much as the next guy but I have respect for anybody that could make the cut at a web.com tour, let alone a major.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masters...I think we'll remember Spieth blowing up on 12, but what we might forget is he stormed back...Willett made some shots to hold him off...agree, well earned.

DJ...mostly controlled that one on the weekend...fortunately, the USO rules officials snafu on the ruling had no factor.

Stenson...the duel in the sun I guess this wasn't, but every bit as entertaining. Phil took the bull by the horns, but the big Swede was just not to be denied...easily the most entertaining final round for me.

Walker's wire to wire win at the PGA may have been the most impressive considering he wasn't really lighting it up this year...when you learn about his caddy's story, Andy......even more fitting for Walker to close it out for himself, and his caddy...good player himself, stricken with MS and forced to carry a bag instead of play.

The question now...who wins POTY?

I think DJ most likely.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should all lead up to a very good Ryder Cup in the fall. On paper the US has the better golfers & should be able to handle the task. However - that has been the case in the past & US always appears to lose this thing.

Jeez - look at the potential lineup:

Stat – Ryder Cup Points

You have two of the major winners, one who should have won & another who would have won the British Open in just about any other year. If they don't beat the Euros this time then I don't know if they ever will.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should all lead up to a very good Ryder Cup in the fall. On paper the US has the better golfers & should be able to handle the task. However - that has been the case in the past & US always appears to lose this thing.

Jeez - look at the potential lineup:

Stat – Ryder Cup Points

You have two of the major winners, one who should have won & another who would have won the British Open in just about any other year. If they don't beat the Euros this time then I don't know if they ever will.

....I had an interesting thought, I'll start another thread.