• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great to be a Florida Gator...

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been taking my girls to different sporting events over the last couple of years. So many people like to focus on the big sports only, but forget to acknowledge how tough Florida is in just about every sport it competes in.

And if our baseball team wasn't in a rebuilding period, this list would just get absurd.

The #EverythingSchool gets better: Five Florida Gators teams now No. 1 nationally - Alligator Army

Go Gators!

My daughter is a HS and showcase softball player. We make an annual pilgrimage to see the Lady Gators whip the shit out of an SEC opponent every Spring. They are kicking ass yet again this year. Gator Athletics is indeed strong across the board. Go Gators!

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter is a HS and showcase softball player. We make an annual pilgrimage to see the Lady Gators whip the shit out of an SEC opponent every Spring. They are kicking ass yet again this year. Gator Athletics is indeed strong across the board. Go Gators!

Well hopefully in a few years I'll get to watch her whip the shit out of some sec opponent when SHE is playing for our beloved Gators!!:yahoo:

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully in a few years I'll get to watch her whip the shit out of some sec opponent when SHE is playing for our beloved Gators!!:yahoo:

I’m pretty sure we won’t see her at UF playing softball KT. She’s good, but you’ve gotta be the absolute best of the best to even sniff the field there. More likely Div 2 or JuCo. Hopefully she gets a look and it leads to a way to play some college ball and get a college education at least partially paid for. Although the thousands of dollars we’ve spent to this point with travel ball would make the scholarship essentially a wash financially. LOL.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty sure we won’t see her at UF playing softball KT. She’s good, but you’ve gotta be the absolute best of the best to even sniff the field there. More likely Div 2 or JuCo. Hopefully she gets a look and it leads to a way to play some college ball and get a college education at least partially paid for. Although the thousands of dollars we’ve spent to this point with travel ball would make the scholarship essentially a wash financially. LOL.

Imma keep my fingers crossed anyway for her!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been taking my girls to different sporting events over the last couple of years. So many people like to focus on the big sports only, but forget to acknowledge how tough Florida is in just about every sport it competes in.

And if our baseball team wasn't in a rebuilding period, this list would just get absurd.

The #EverythingSchool gets better: Five Florida Gators teams now No. 1 nationally - Alligator Army

Go Gators!

It seems the alumni of the schools are always proud of how there alma mater is doing in the smaller sports. Your Tshirt fans who never took one class really only care about football. I was proud of our women's Vball team when they won the NC in '13 and was hoping they could go back to back this year. Hell, I was cheering the hell out of our golf team when they beat Bama for the NC in '12. Always good to see the tower lit orange when the Horns can win a NC!

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the alumni of the schools are always proud of how there alma mater is doing in the smaller sports. Your Tshirt fans who never took one class really only care about football. I was proud of our women's Vball team when they won the NC in '13 and was hoping they could go back to back this year. Hell, I was cheering the hell out of our golf team when they beat Bama for the NC in '12. Always good to see the tower lit orange when the Horns can win a NC!

i remember partying hard with some friends after the men's golf NC in 1993, just because we could. Wish the women's VB team could push on through for a national title just once with all the sec titles they have won. But the ladies did finally get the gym title last year. My wife gives me a hard time sometimes when i find and stop to watch the gators in the smaller sports. something along the lines of "women's lacrosse??... really??"

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imma keep my fingers crossed anyway for her!

Thanks KT, that’s very nice of you. :thumb:

The two of us have talked a lot of reality lately. She’s quite a mature young woman and understands she won’t be playing ball at her favorite school. The plan is to go to JuCo or a small school for the first two years, get adjusted to college life away from home and play college ball. Then after two years, hang up the cleats and transfer to UF, her ULTIMATE goal. She loves UF and Gainesville and will be my little prodigy. Ultimately wants to get into Law School. I have two wonderful kids. My son is two years out of FAU and working in his degreed field! Great guy.

If you can’t tell, Imma proud Poppa! It makes my eyes get all watery en sech when I think about them and their futures......... :bawling:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the 2nd last game but missed the last. Good stuff. Apparently, our AD is better handling women's sports. :whistle:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so my 6 year old got to jump up and down and scream in a group hug with her parents tonight.....biggest smile on her face too. #thanksgators