• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great Read on Freidman/Dodgers

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excerpt:
The real gut check was Andrew Heaney, the 23-year-old left-hander the Dodgers had gotten from the Marlins for Gordon, who they were set to flip to the Angels for Kendrick.

"That's a trade -- in a vacuum -- that you wouldn't make in a small market," Byrnes said. "A guy like Heaney, a six-year [club-controlled] pitcher, for a one-year player? Even though Kendrick is a really good player, that's the one that went against our traditional instincts."

A smaller-market club, like the Rays or Athletics or Byrnes' former clubs, the Padres or Diamondbacks, would value the salary-controlled younger pitcher over the higher-priced veteran position player any day.

The Los Angeles Dodgers' forward-thinking front office is a force to be reckoned with

MVPuig is going to be "giddy-go-nuts" over this article. Although, MVPuig vehemently disagreed with my assessment of the team last year.... this article articulates and confirms everything I was saying:

"The 2014 Dodgers had a lot of good pieces but was never a good team. Its 25-man roster was woefully inflexible. Its defense was awful. Its bullpen was thin and untrustworthy. Its clubhouse was toxic, as All-Star-sized egos and agendas bumped up against each other."

That expect is nearly verbatim to what I was bitching about last year.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was a long read, but well done. I liked hearing about the inner workings of the Winter Meetings and that Friedman had all 5 teams and all the players involved up on the wall as one big move.