• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great game by Adams last night

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23 points and 13 rebounds...He practically carried them given the shooting struggles of the big three. Not bad for a guy who plays with a point guard that makes no one around him better.:clap:

We would have liked to have been able to get a win, but OKC plays great team defense and even though they've been struggling of late, it was going to be tough to beat them in any circumstance let alone the ones we were facing last night. It was an emotional game, our guys hadn't faced this kind of atmosphere in our home arena all season long, and our team with our short rotations had started to get banged up. Just got to try and bounce back against Detroit on Friday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWxfDKp1DTk
"You could at least admit that George Hill is a better facilitator than Westbrook."
:yahoo:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pacers blow

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should have taken the Draymond Green approach

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the part of the game where both Paul Pierce and Chauncey Billups, you know, two Hall of Famers, both said the Thunder's offense was smoother with RAY FUCKING FELTON at point guard because he understood how to move the ball and that it stuck in Westbrook's hands too much.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23 points and 13 rebounds...He practically carried them given the shooting struggles of the big three. Not bad for a guy who plays with a point guard that makes no one around him better.:clap:

We would have liked to have been able to get a win, but OKC plays great team defense and even though they've been struggling of late, it was going to be tough to beat them in any circumstance let alone the ones we were facing last night. It was an emotional game, our guys hadn't faced this kind of atmosphere in our home arena all season long, and our team with our short rotations had started to get banged up. Just got to try and bounce back against Detroit on Friday...

"You could at least admit that George Hill is a better facilitator than Westbrook."
:yahoo:

Your subtle digs are pretty hilarious.

Every single prominent player who has left OKC during the Westbrook era has performed better the year after they left. Gibson, Kanter, Oladipo, Sabonis and McDermott just got added to the list.

Adams literally only shoots within 5 feet of the rim. Yes, Russ creates a couple dunks for him every night, but the vast majority of his points last night came from his own effort offensive rebounding. Any adequate PG is going to create a few of those shots a game for a physically imposing center like Adams, DJ or Drummond.

So, unless Westbrook's talent for missing shots is what you are referring to, Adams' game last night was more about Adams than Russ. Again Hurricane with a remarkable job cherry picking. Let's just ignore that everyone else gets better when they leave and Stars like Dipo, PG and Melo get worse when they arrive.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question of the day: Does the fact that KD won an MVP, while also having to play along side Russ make it quite possibly the greatest MVP achievement in history?

Discuss....

:lebowski2:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question of the day: Does the fact that KD won an MVP, while also having to play along side Russ make it quite possibly the greatest MVP achievement in history?

Discuss....

DorianRo would say of course Derrick Rose's MVP was the greatest of all time, but Lakers fans would counter that it certainly had to be one of Steve Nash's.:bolt:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Discuss....

I don't know about that, but it certainly speaks to KD's greatness that he was never overshadowed by Russ. Part of it was the dynamic that KD established himself first, but he was also clearly the best player on the team throughout their time together.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that, but it certainly speaks to KD's greatness that he was never overshadowed by Russ. Part of it was the dynamic that KD established himself first, but he was also clearly the best player on the team throughout their time together.

Don't mind me, I'm just shit stirring, lol.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally disagree. But I watched the games. kd = dribble the clock out the pass to Russ.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally disagree. But I watched the games. kd = dribble the clock out the pass to Russ.

You definitely watched more games that me, but I watched quite a few and literally never once saw that.

Say what you will about KD's mental state, but he has never been afraid to take the big shot. I saw him take and make plenty during his OKC tenure.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You definitely watched more games that me, but I watched quite a few and literally never once saw that.

Say what you will about KD's mental state, but he has never been afraid to take the big shot. I saw him take and make plenty during his OKC tenure.

I didn’t say he wouldn’t take a shot at the end of a game. There’s a shot clock on every posesion. He would dibble around and if he didn’t get the look he wanted he would pass to Westbrook with a few seconds left forcing Westbrook to throw up a shot. Making Westbrook look like the bad player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say he wouldn’t take a shot at the end of a game. There’s a shot clock on every posesion. He would dibble around and if he didn’t get the look he wanted he would pass to Westbrook with a few seconds left forcing Westbrook to throw up a shot. Making Westbrook look like the bad player.

Well, Westbrook does plenty of that on his own with possessions where nobody else touches it.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Westbrook does plenty of that on his own with possessions where nobody else touches it.

And takes all the blame. While Durant got none. That’s my point.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And takes all the blame. While Durant got none. That’s my point.

I get that, but his playing style is and has always been to do too much by himself. If he deserves the accolades when it goes well (MVP), he also deserves the blame when it doesn't.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but his playing style is and has always been to do too much by himself. If he deserves the accolades when it goes well (MVP), he also deserves the blame when it doesn't.

We are saying similar things. Like the other times we've had this same discussion.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your subtle digs are pretty hilarious.

Every single prominent player who has left OKC during the Westbrook era has performed better the year after they left. Gibson, Kanter, Oladipo, Sabonis and McDermott just got added to the list.

Adams literally only shoots within 5 feet of the rim. Yes, Russ creates a couple dunks for him every night, but the vast majority of his points last night came from his own effort offensive rebounding. Any adequate PG is going to create a few of those shots a game for a physically imposing center like Adams, DJ or Drummond.

So, unless Westbrook's talent for missing shots is what you are referring to, Adams' game last night was more about Adams than Russ. Again Hurricane with a remarkable job cherry picking. Let's just ignore that everyone else gets better when they leave and Stars like Dipo, PG and Melo get worse when they arrive.

McDermott???:L

I love Enes Kanter, and overall he's done a pretty good job fitting in with his new retooling squad, but he's not the same offensive threat without Russ, and behind the scenes he'd probably tell you that.

It's clear that @tlance and @CitySushi are smart basketball minds, but at the same time are extremely agenda-driven which ultimately leads them to say mind-boggling shit at times...

"You don't have to make others around you better if you're not a point guard." -tlance

"George Hill is a better facilitator than Russell Westbrook." -CitySushi

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pacers blow

I find it oh so flattering that these random schmos at SportsHoopla who don't even have a favorite NBA team, are rooting against the Pacers because of me...:nod: