• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great feel good story - Hurley III

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a rags to riches story, but a guy that was educated in the Naval Academy, served his country in the Gulf, and won a PGAT event....Thanks, and Congrats Billy Hurley III.

Champion of the Quicken Loans Tourney in his backyard.

Champion's Wall: Billy Hurley III, Quicken Loans National

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially gratifying after what happened to his Dad last year. I was not aware of all of the details until watching a story on this on the Golf Channel yesterday. Very sad & can't really think of anyone more deserving of winning this tourney.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also great that this happened in his backyard. Just down the road from where he grew up in VA and where he currently lives in Annapolis.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially gratifying after what happened to his Dad last year. I was not aware of all of the details until watching a story on this on the Golf Channel yesterday. Very sad & can't really think of anyone more deserving of winning this tourney.

Yes, death by suicide always leaves so many more questions than answers for the family...As a golf fan, I rarely ever pull for golfers even if I like them...I always want to see the play well but to the victor goes the spoils...I was pulling for Hurley III on Sunday and I like Ernie Els a lot...the holed shot on 16 was epic and the birdie putt on 17 sealed it.

I'm sure even Ernie was pulling for him once he saw he was not going to win.

So far, the story of the year in golf.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pretty cool story, and EE was definitely pulling for him during the last couple of holes during the telecast....story of the year though? Maybe 'feel good' story...

I'd still put Spieth's implosion at Augusta clearly at #1 - probably gonna take something historic during the remainder of the year to knock that off.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pretty cool story, and EE was definitely pulling for him during the last couple of holes during the telecast....story of the year though? Maybe 'feel good' story...

I'd still put Spieth's implosion at Augusta clearly at #1 - probably gonna take something historic during the remainder of the year to knock that off.

Agree on the "feel good" angle. If Spieth wins either of the remaining majors getting him another leg of the slam...the Masters loss will dissipate a little but I agree...as golf stories go for '16...the collapse still trumps everything else.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was so awesome that I had my wife watch the ending. The emotions of his family were really moving and I loved the fact that when Tiger came over to congratulate his wife right before Billy putted out, she barely gave him a glance and re-focused immediately back on what her husband was doing.