• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great article on Bob Stoops and Jaz Reynolds

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy hearing these kind of stories. And as time has gone on, the more we hear this about Stoops from both players and recruit's. He is a good man, and works to establish a family atmosphere. When someone screws up and is suspended, he is there to help them out and doesn't just drop them off. It seems that if someone really wants to help themselves and change he is there for them.

Oklahoma football: Jaz Reynolds praises Bob Stoops in extensive interview about his past ? and his future | News OK

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta love this part and it just reaffirms my thoughts about Stoops and how lucky OU is to have him. I wouldn't trade for any other coach out there, period.

A few days before the Sugar Bowl, you said you weren’t sure if you really deserved that chance. How humbling was the entire experience for you as a whole?

Oh yeah. (Stoops) didn’t have to do it. That’s the whole thing behind it. That’s why I feel like I shouldn’t have gotten it, is because he didn’t have to do it. That’s Coach Stoops for you. He’s a good coach, but he’s a better man. He understands that people make mistakes. I say the same thing to everybody, I’m just happy that Coach Stoops is who he is and gave me a second chance to come back, even though I didn’t deserve it. Honestly, that was the second time I’d been suspended. If I was to do that at any other school, I’m pretty sure they would’ve been done with me.