• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GRATS King Felix

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most innings pitched in Ms history at the age of 29... WOW.

Major respect for this guy. Future HOFer and one of the best (if not the best) pitchers in MLB.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent! Way to go, Felix!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna go down as the best pitcher in Mariner history.... As much as I love Randy Johnson, Felix is making his claim... MAN I hope we get too see him pitch in the playoffs... I have ZERO doubt he'll absolutely dominate ...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it's all said and done, this will be a club record that no one will ever even sniff. The fact that he started the majors at such an early age and then have this record will remain unchallenged forever. My god I can't believe he's only 29 and probably now at the peak of his prime. Amazing.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was the stat on the "felix quality start" I heard he had a boat load more then the next closest guys CC and Lee but didn't hear the numbers. anyone catch that off last nights broadcast?

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was the stat on the "felix quality start" I heard he had a boat load more then the next closest guys CC and Lee but didn't hear the numbers. anyone catch that off last nights broadcast?

It was like 150 something to 120 something if I remember correct. It's not even close. Goldsmith said it was a seasons worth of starts.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was like 150 something to 120 something if I remember correct. It's not even close. Goldsmith said it was a seasons worth of starts.
They were talking about 'ultra' quality starts. A standard qualiity start is a minimum 6 innings of three runs or less. Felix has 205 of those. I don't know what the guidelines are for 'ultra' quality start. Maybe 7 IPS and 2 runs or less?

Since 2009, 74.3% of his starts have been quality starts. That is definitely a HOF pace. I don't know how many more years he needs to put up similar to the last six, in order to be considered a HOF shoo-in. He isn't going to reach 300 wins, but that number doesn't matter anymore anyway. Pedro got in with 200 wins. Felix is going to reach 200 wins if his arm holds up. So, I guess you could say that if he pitches the next four years like he pitched the last six years, he would be at about 190 wins and 2800 strikeouts, along with a HOF worthy ERA, WHIP and BAA. He should be a lock at that point and whatever he achieves after that will just add to the HOF resume.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about 'ultra' quality starts. A standard qualiity start is a minimum 6 innings of three runs or less. Felix has 205 of those. I don't know what the guidelines are for 'ultra' quality start. Maybe 7 IPS and 2 runs or less?

Since 2009, 74.3% of his starts have been quality starts. That is definitely a HOF pace. I don't know how many more years he needs to put up similar to the last six, in order to be considered a HOF shoo-in. He isn't going to reach 300 wins, but that number doesn't matter anymore anyway. Pedro got in with 200 wins. Felix is going to reach 200 wins if his arm holds up. So, I guess you could say that if he pitches the next four years like he pitched the last six years, he would be at about 190 wins and 2800 strikeouts, along with a HOF worthy ERA, WHIP and BAA. He should be a lock at that point and whatever he achieves after that will just add to the HOF resume.
That is exactly the guideline for a ultra quality start.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even that's asking for a lot, considering how much elite pitchers in the past few years have fallen off drastically in their 30s, combined with the amount of innings Felix has thrown at a young age.

Just looking in the past 5 or so years, CC, Johan, Verlander, Halladay, Oswalt all fell off a cliff pretty rapidly, whether by decline or injury....and all 5 of those guys when they were around age 30 were on a pretty good course for a HOF/borderline HOF career. Halladay might have a shot but a lot are considering him borderline.

Last edited: