• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade the Pats 2015 Draft?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had enough time to look at it closely. I had to work today. My quick impression is a B (-). I haven't seen what the experts are saying yet? Anyone know what they're saying?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roto
I haven't had enough time to look at it closely. I had to work today. My quick impression is a B (-). I haven't seen what the experts are saying yet? Anyone know what they're saying?
Rotoworld was usually about 100 positions off. Screw the experts.
My take:
The Patriots get an A for drafting the needs they wanted, according to draft plan.
They gat a B for managing the position of pick. Some were/maybe reaches.
They get an A+ for improving the team for the run to Superbowl 50.
This is not going to be a fun team to play against.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B+.................Patriots addressed many needs and Fan wants. Belichick didn't say it directly but hinted that the cornerbacks available didn't meet his value criteria. The front seven will be a load for opponents to keep off their quarterback. They will be the key to helping the secondary. I assume that BB will pick up an experienced CB somewhere along the line before camp opens in July.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B+.................Patriots addressed many needs and Fan wants. Belichick didn't say it directly but hinted that the cornerbacks available didn't meet his value criteria. The front seven will be a load for opponents to keep off their quarterback. They will be the key to helping the secondary. I assume that BB will pick up an experienced CB somewhere along the line before camp opens in July.
Agree on all accounts. They have trimmed some cap savings. Maybe Haden if not before camp during the season when Clevaland is eliminated.

Bjcanney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the B+ grade from a team building standpoint, but I would give it a higher grade based on this year's schedule. What legit QBs are the Pats facing? Manning, Luck, Romo...besides those 3 there is no offense that scares me where we need the CBs like had last year in relation to the offenses the Pats played last year. Many of the teams we face this year tout questionable QB play, and use the running game to set things up. I think the pieces the Pats added in the draft play well into neutrilizing that type of approach. I think the secondary we have is capable of being affective and the QBs listed above will provide solid tests for the defense. Then one can hope that come playoffs developments will be enough towhen squaring off against better QBs.

I like the versatility we have at WR, I thought we can use a RB, and sure CB maybe, but I think there will be players to fill those needs after cuts leading up to the regular season. this was a depth addition draft for the Patriots. Let us feel lucky to be in such a situation and have cap room to make moves if the opportunity arises.

My biggest concern doesnt hang on the players we have, but rather if the coaches will scheme for more pressure on QBs after adding speed to their front 7 on D.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with the QB comparison. But in the AFCE alone the Ds are vastly improved. Pats will have a tougher time scoring.
All in all I'm quite happy where the Pats are at.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on all accounts. They have trimmed some cap savings. Maybe Haden if not before camp during the season when Clevaland is eliminated.
Cleveland had the best draft in my opinion. Don't hold your breath. They could knock out that wimpy-ass AFCN

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess what BB is saying about the CB's in the draft is they were not a very bright lot. He drafts for intelligence as much as talent. Not many other teams do that. Definitely love the first round pick (hook 'em horns).

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the Patriots' schedule.....don't discount any team or any quarterback. The AFC East is making a concentrated effort on catching the Patriots and each team has made significant strides. Road games the division will be extremely difficult. The Jets will only consider their season a success if they beat the Patriots. Last year the Pats squeaked by the Jets and they weren't that good. New coach and new mind set, new schemes and new goals. They're out for blood and the Patriots may need a few band aids when games with the J_E_T_S are over.

The Patriots now have 18 LBs, DEs, and DTs on the roster. 13 of them are Hightower and Ninkovich clones, guys that are 6'3"/6'4" and 255-275 lbs. BB is moving away from the Chandler Jones/Pierre Paul angular DEs and grooming tall, heavy. hard hitting run stoppers and coverage guys. This defense will look a lot different than 2014. That's going to be a problem for opponents because they can only work on what was done in the past not the future.

The Pats defense this coming season will be on "Taking care of your square". Every player on defense will be responsible for approx. 9 sq ft of space around him on running plays and 15 sq ft on passing plays. CBs will not be playing 5 yards off the line. Attack, attack, attack. Relentless push back. No more Vince clogging the line and not being able to get 3 yards toward the QB on 2nd down pass plays.

This defense does need a corner with experience to help the young guys like Revis helped Butler last year. No more Interference calls in the end zone or muggings in the red zone. Browner and his rough stuff in bad spots will be used as a training tool for the young guys on what NOT to do.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the Patriots' schedule.....don't discount any team or any quarterback. The AFC East is making a concentrated effort on catching the Patriots and each team has made significant strides. Road games the division will be extremely difficult. The Jets will only consider their season a success if they beat the Patriots. Last year the Pats squeaked by the Jets and they weren't that good. New coach and new mind set, new schemes and new goals. They're out for blood and the Patriots may need a few band aids when games with the J_E_T_S are over.

The Patriots now have 18 LBs, DEs, and DTs on the roster. 13 of them are Hightower and Ninkovich clones, guys that are 6'3"/6'4" and 255-275 lbs. BB is moving away from the Chandler Jones/Pierre Paul angular DEs and grooming tall, heavy. hard hitting run stoppers and coverage guys. This defense will look a lot different than 2014. That's going to be a problem for opponents because they can only work on what was done in the past not the future.

The Pats defense this coming season will be on "Taking care of your square". Every player on defense will be responsible for approx. 9 sq ft of space around him on running plays and 15 sq ft on passing plays. CBs will not be playing 5 yards off the line. Attack, attack, attack. Relentless push back. No more Vince clogging the line and not being able to get 3 yards toward the QB on 2nd down pass plays.

This defense does need a corner with experience to help the young guys like Revis helped Butler last year. No more Interference calls in the end zone or muggings in the red zone. Browner and his rough stuff in bad spots will be used as a training tool for the young guys on what NOT to do.

I like the Richards pick even though it was panned by some experts. If I remember McCourty got panned as well when he was drafted. He's turned out pretty well.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Richards pick even though it was panned by some experts. If I remember McCourty got panned as well when he was drafted. He's turned out pretty well.
they called him "coach richards" on the field.

academic all american

guys like that are nice to have around.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree strongly on your assessment, with very few exceptions.....

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this draft. I also give it a B+. Got a steal in Brown, Richards looks like he may just challenge Chung and Harmon for the starting job. Love the OG picks in Jackson/Mason. The DE/OLB we got are going to be nice. I am really excited to see Flowers play. The pass rush should be much better.

One other thing this draft does, is allow NE to move away from some players: Wilson, Ebner, Bequette, Buchannon, Vellano, White, Martin, Johnson, Barker, Hauptmann, Devey. I expect a few FA to be cut from other teams that NE will take a shot at.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq Mason...I think we got a steal in this one. Very athletic, destroys people in the running game. I like this kid. He maybe small, but shit can he hit.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this draft. I also give it a B+. Got a steal in Brown, Richards looks like he may just challenge Chung and Harmon for the starting job. Love the OG picks in Jackson/Mason. The DE/OLB we got are going to be nice. I am really excited to see Flowers play. The pass rush should be much better.

One other thing this draft does, is allow NE to move away from some players: Wilson, Ebner, Bequette, Buchannon, Vellano, White, Martin, Johnson, Barker, Hauptmann, Devey. I expect a few FA to be cut from other teams that NE will take a shot at.
They'll get training camp to show they are worth keeping around. Some will be but they have to make a step forward......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote...."Shaq Mason was the nastiest player in college football in 2014". Was he a dirty player?...NO! He reportedly delivered the most painful blocks in the country. Opposing defensive linemen generally were not playing every down against him in the second half of most games.

I like this kid......

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq Mason...I think we got a steal in this one. Very athletic, destroys people in the running game. I like this kid. He maybe small, but shit can he hit.

My thoughts too when I saw is highlights on draft night. Both Mason and Jackson are great in the run game. I think we can expect great thinks for our running game. Damn, I'm excited! IMO, this is long over due.

I will say I was a bit pissed we didn't take AK Cann instead of the safety. But we got two great olinemen.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts too when I saw is highlights on draft night. Both Mason and Jackson are great in the run game. I think we can expect great thinks for our running game. Damn, I'm excited! IMO, this is long over due.

I will say I was a bit pissed we didn't take AK Cann instead of the safety. But we got two great olinemen.
We spent a good bit of time with Cann. If they thought he was worth that pick, we'd have taken him.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote...."Shaq Mason was the nastiest player in college football in 2014". Was he a dirty player?...NO! He reportedly delivered the most painful blocks in the country. Opposing defensive linemen generally were not playing every down against him in the second half of most games.

I like this kid......

Imagine this kid coming at you as a FB from the 1 with Blount right behind him...LOL

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine this kid coming at you as a FB from the 1 with Blount right behind him...LOL[/QUOTE
Let Gronk assist with throwing players out of the club as well. Be afraid opponents be very afraid.