• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotham

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that the last one did a good job of adjusting to being hot but still having a childlike mentality.
I just watched the episode and while I had a feeling it was coming, I still thought it was very well done.
I think sooner or later, Gordon is definitely going to become the head of the GCPD. The precinct looks to be behind him now and I think even Harvey knows that Gordon is the better man for the job (I think last season even Harvey himself admitted he wasn't cut out to be Captain).
The one thing I didn't like about last night's episode was all the Bruce Wayne stuff. While I think I understood it, it just didn't come off well at all to me.

No it did not come off well.

This is what I see with this series. Sometimes they go dark to the comic history, sometimes they go to Keaton batman goofy villians, almost comedic. Sometimes they seem like the Adam West TV series, but this episode went to the Christian Bale whore dog party boy.

So when some of us know all the adam west stuff, Keaton, Clooney, Bale stuff, ( I wont mention Afflack duck since he has yet to get his own f'n movie yet), but do not know the comics, its like the writers are f'n with the fan base. Yes, Bruce committed murder, even though it was some mummified being that was thousands of years old, it effected him and he is finding his other side.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only 3 episodes in and so far I'm really liking this season more than the last.

I'm also interested to see how this Ra's al Ghul story compares to the story from Arrow.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only 3 episodes in and so far I'm really liking this season more than the last.

I'm also interested to see how this Ra's al Ghul story compares to the story from Arrow.

Victor cracks me up!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victor cracks me up!
Zsaz is definitely good in small doses.
I think that up until this point, I've enjoyed the way that they've handled Edward Nygma/Riddler character the most.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just caught up to the mid-season finale, knew Sofia was the one who killed her father and that she was playing Jim. But it's good to see someone other than Penguin in charge for awhile.

Also glad Jerome is back, he completely nails the character of whoever he is(whether they decide to make him the joker or not).

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just caught up to the mid-season finale, knew Sofia was the one who killed her father and that she was playing Jim. But it's good to see someone other than Penguin in charge for awhile.

Also glad Jerome is back, he completely nails the character of whoever he is(whether they decide to make him the joker or not).
The Sofia storyline pretty much played out like I was expecting it to. Didn't expect Zsaz to turn on Penguin but with Penguin at Arkham, they needed something for him to do.
The guy that plays Jerome is definitely fun to watch on this show. Interested in seeing how they explain him coming back again.
The douchebag Bruce arc is something I hope gets resolved soon. Whenever that storyline is on, I tend to fast forward.
I'm guessing that Butch is essentially going to stop being Grundy and just an "indestructible" version of Butch now that it seems that he has his memories back?
Another thing I wonder is if Barnes/The Executioner is still out there causing chaos because he's been MIA since the end of last season when they found the cure to the Tetch virus.
What sucks is, is that it looks like it won't be until probably late February or early March when the show comes back since The Four or whatever it's called is going to be on for six-eight weeks I believe.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I really don't know why they felt they needed to make that turn with Bruce after he just started donning the mask and it seemed like it was actually moving along. Maybe they are just getting back to the basics of the series which was concentrating how the villains evolved. But I would much prefer seeing doubles than continually watching these same people keep rising from the dead. For a minute they had every bad guy claiming they were joker, which kinda went where Bales batman left, but then to bring the same guy back again and again has got to stop.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sofia storyline pretty much played out like I was expecting it to. Didn't expect Zsaz to turn on Penguin but with Penguin at Arkham, they needed something for him to do.
The guy that plays Jerome is definitely fun to watch on this show. Interested in seeing how they explain him coming back again.
The douchebag Bruce arc is something I hope gets resolved soon. Whenever that storyline is on, I tend to fast forward.
I'm guessing that Butch is essentially going to stop being Grundy and just an "indestructible" version of Butch now that it seems that he has his memories back?
Another thing I wonder is if Barnes/The Executioner is still out there causing chaos because he's been MIA since the end of last season when they found the cure to the Tetch virus.
What sucks is, is that it looks like it won't be until probably late February or early March when the show comes back since The Four or whatever it's called is going to be on for six-eight weeks I believe.

Fast Forward is a good friend. I'm with you on Bruce.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The preview for the new stuff starts three minutes in.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ivy got an upgrade and me likes. :thumb:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you guys don’t like this anymore, but they are doing good origin stuff right now.

Jerome is defiantly becoming Joker. More of a Romero version than any of the others. Maybe with a bit of Nicholson tossed in as well, but just to give it a bit of an edge.

Bruce has officially met the Bat, and he is starting to discover his purpose.

Riddler appears to have officially beaten Nygma. At least for now.

Will we get Two-Face during the run of this show?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you guys don’t like this anymore, but they are doing good origin stuff right now.

Jerome is defiantly becoming Joker. More of a Romero version than any of the others. Maybe with a bit of Nicholson tossed in as well, but just to give it a bit of an edge.

Bruce has officially met the Bat, and he is starting to discover his purpose.

Riddler appears to have officially beaten Nygma. At least for now.

Will we get Two-Face during the run of this show?
Isn't the actor that played Harvey Dent in another show at the moment? I guess that they can always recast him.
I still rank this season as my third favorite as I enjoyed seasons two and three a bit more. I think that this Joker has a lot of Heath Ledger's Jokers mannerisms with some Jack mixed in there.
Overall, I have enjoyed the way they've handled the Riddler character more than the others.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the actor that played Harvey Dent in another show at the moment? I guess that they can always recast him.
I still rank this season as my third favorite as I enjoyed seasons two and three a bit more. I think that this Joker has a lot of Heath Ledger's Jokers mannerisms with some Jack mixed in there.
Overall, I have enjoyed the way they've handled the Riddler character more than the others.
Physically he kinda looks like the Ledger Joker, but the character?

Ledger was much more serious. He was a psycho, but he was calm and calculated. Jerome is nothing like that. Romero was a wack job while being very camp. He was more concerned with looking and acting crazy than anything else. That smacks of Jerome. Jack was more cruel and actually had a body count while still rating high on the camp-o-meter. Again, very Jerome.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Just so they can say “see, we told you Jerome wasn’t the Joker”?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Just so they can say “see, we told you Jerome wasn’t the Joker”?
I'm thinking that it'll be just some random person in the end. I figure that there's still people running around Gotham acting like Jerome (I think it was a season 2 or 3 storyline) and that it could be one of them.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that it'll be just some random person in the end. I figure that there's still people running around Gotham acting like Jerome (I think it was a season 2 or 3 storyline) and that it could be one of them.

That was season 2.

And that might have been the direction they were planning to go at that time, but Cameron Monaghan has been the breakout star of this series. Both critics and audiences love his take on the Joker, so I think they created jeremiah in order to let Monaghan play the Joker while sticking to their original plan of having Jerome be a red herring

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great show. I never miss an episode.