• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotham

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that. But that is far away from Batman. He is 15/16 in the show. Isn't Bruce in his mid to late 20's when he becomes Batman?

like these shows really care about the source material

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that. But that is far away from Batman. He is 15/16 in the show. Isn't Bruce in his mid to late 20's when he becomes Batman?

FTR, i agree with your premise. I just think Fox doesn't care.

at all

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I learned from Dogma that Jesus Christ went from 12 to 30 in his book.

They are trying to run the story between his parents death and what happened for him to become the caped crusader so its like filling in the blanks from the bible.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I learned from Dogma that Jesus Christ went from 12 to 30 in his book.

They are trying to run the story between his parents death and what happened for him to become the caped crusader so its like filling in the blanks from the bible.

Love that movie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scarecrow

Batman

Ra’s added as a regular character.

I don’t LOVE this show, but I do enjoy it...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scarecrow

Batman

Ra’s added as a regular character.

I don’t LOVE this show, but I do enjoy it...

It's been shit for 2 seasons now. Totally went off the reservation.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been shit for 2 seasons now. Totally went off the reservation.

But you keep watching said shit. 3 out of 4 shows in the Arrowverse are shit too. I had to remove all but Arrow. I needed to save what little of my sanity I have left.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Ivy keeps showing up, I am in. Kinda sad Selena has not developed upstairs yet, looks like a gymnast that stunted her growth, but she is young enough to keep the pedo police at bay for now.

Kinda like the way its going, how the previews show him getting an actual suit. I thought he would be in the lame stuff that the rest of the villians have been wearing.

I don't know how it will make out at 7 on Thursdays, luckily there is a DVR in the house now, just think they would get a little more risqué if it was on at 8 instead and let the x kids have 7.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Ivy keeps showing up, I am in. Kinda sad Selena has not developed upstairs yet, looks like a gymnast that stunted her growth, but she is young enough to keep the pedo police at bay for now.

Kinda like the way its going, how the previews show him getting an actual suit. I thought he would be in the lame stuff that the rest of the villians have been wearing.

I don't know how it will make out at 7 on Thursdays, luckily there is a DVR in the house now, just think they would get a little more risqué if it was on at 8 instead and let the x kids have 7.

The women are my main reason for "watching". The show sucks. Eye candy is great. Morena Baccarin. Erin Richards (Barbara and Jessica Lucas (Tabitha) are all gorgeous.

As for the actress who plays Selina (Camren Bicondova), she has a great dancing background. You'll have to continue to be disappointed in her upstairs. She is 18 and unless she buys them (which I hope she doesn't) then that is pretty much it.

She is a very pretty girl. She'll be a beautiful woman in about a decade.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the season four debut episode. Got to say, I felt that it was pretty underwhelming. I'm guessing that Scarecrow is going to be taking over for Mad Hatter as the low level villain to kill time during the first half of the season. Hopefully it'll get better as the season progresses.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that the 2nd episode was much better than the first. Although Jim Gordon gets idiot of the episode when you know a psycho is running around with a fear toxin he sprays at people and you don't think of bringing some type of mask to try to block its effects. And was underwhelmed with Barbara's "it didn't stick" explanation of how she survived being electrocuted at the end of last season, which has become the norm for this show it seems.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calsnowskier

@UVA_Guy81

@SDGuy73

we've been going on and on about this show for a while now, is this worth starting season 4? I haven't yet and i'm debating if I should.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calsnowskier

@UVA_Guy81

@SDGuy73

we've been going on and on about this show for a while now, is this worth starting season 4? I haven't yet and i'm debating if I should.
It is fun. That’s about it.

It isn’t anywhere near in danger of losing its DVR spot (or, to be more accurate, its HULU tag).

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calsnowskier

@UVA_Guy81

@SDGuy73

It's worth watching but it definitely hasn't been the best season to watch early on. With only two episodes down, I'd rank it third of the four seasons thus far.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just binged the first three seasons this past week.
I like the show.
Sure, they've taken liberties with the vast amount of source material that's available, but it's fun.
It entertains, which is really all I could ask for.

I like the way the characters are mostly intertwined.
However, they could do a better job in certain parts.

When Bruce meets the mentor, rather than have Alfred bring him back, what if Bruce somehow wound up in the hands of Fish Mooney? She could have used her power to help Bruce remember his old memories, or such, and perhaps that would have given Bruce more insight into the minds of criminals that helps him be who he eventually becomes.

I think the kid is ok as an actor.
Jim Gordon growls too much.
A majority of the show is perfectly cast.

I really liked how Jerome slips in and out of Heath Ledger voice.
It's essentially a police procedural for the villain of the moment while the main villains grapple for power and a dark conspiracy looms in the background.

A lot more comedy than I expected, so it manages to pull off some campiness as a 'drama superhero show'.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats just sad.

Well Pyg made it past two villian episodes, but turned out he was already on the show in an interesting twist.

Really though Harvey was gonna go in that warehouse and we would finally get Gordon in charge, figure he needs to move up before he becomes commissioner.
I thought that the last one did a good job of adjusting to being hot but still having a childlike mentality.
I just watched the episode and while I had a feeling it was coming, I still thought it was very well done.
I think sooner or later, Gordon is definitely going to become the head of the GCPD. The precinct looks to be behind him now and I think even Harvey knows that Gordon is the better man for the job (I think last season even Harvey himself admitted he wasn't cut out to be Captain).
The one thing I didn't like about last night's episode was all the Bruce Wayne stuff. While I think I understood it, it just didn't come off well at all to me.