• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got to hit some balls finally

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played my first nine of the year yesterday. Didn't keep score, there were patches of snow on the course, cold fucking water in the cups, so you didn't want to sink a putt.

I am sore this morning.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't keep score in those conditions. Nice to get out though I'm sure.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and my buddy tried out a simulator place yesterday and had a blast. Pretty accurate with the yardages.

We set it to just two putt cause that part's cheesy but I was swinging really well and scored even par on the front 9 at splyglass!

Reactions: GNG

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully here in Charlotte it's been a lot of 60s, 70s, and even 80s... played yesterday from the tips and shot a 89. I can't imagine the golf itch the snow livers must have.......

-DUB-

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully here in Charlotte it's been a lot of 60s, 70s, and even 80s... played yesterday from the tips and shot a 89. I can't imagine the golf itch the snow livers must have.......

-DUB-

Very itchy, but we will hit the simulator again this weekend and maybe Tuesday since my flooring installer will be in my way. We played TPC @ Sawgrass last time and had a blast.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-DUB-

Same weather here pretty much...it hit 78 last week...I've played the last two weeks.

Two weeks ago...47-43...that back 9 43 included a +4 9!

Last week...46-41, tougher course.

Everything is mostly blue tees (6000-6600) at my age these days...I may never see the tips again and it wouldn't bother me...lol

Reactions: DUB

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in South Florida, not too hot here yet, still in the low 80's, but 90's are coming soon...ugh. Anyway, I scored some free tix to the Honda Classic last weekend. Went on Saturday, Fowler was in the lead and eventually won the tourney, but I was following him on the 9th was positioned about 280 from the tee box and sure enough he pulls his drive through the ropes and the ball stops about 5 feet from where I'm standing. So I quickly move right next to the ball and wait for Rickie and caddie and cameramen to show up. A few minutes later Notah Begay shows up , asks us all to move back a little, and then Fowler gets there. It was really cool to watch how Rickie and his caddie talked about their best strategy and so forth, there must have been 100 spectators funnelled around him and he didn't make any eye contact with any of us, just total concentration. He had about 200 yds to green , out of 2 inch rough. When he swung and made contact, the sound of the impact and the overall swing was nothing like when I hit a golf ball, hahaha, and of course he hit it flush and landed it on the green. He then 2-putted for par. I'm thinking i'd be looking at a 7. Lol.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great!

...too bad he backed into the win with a bogey bogey close.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DrewScott damn! that is a sweet story and memory!!!! I have never been to a pga event. Even the one that comes to town in Charlotte I've never attended. But to see that swing in game time pressure is awesome story you shared!!

-DUB-

@ATL96Steeler man, you are playing solid golf with those scores!! Keep it up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great!

...too bad he backed into the win with a bogey bogey close.

Yeah it was great...when it's your 4th win, you take it any way you can...style points don't matter much.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DrewScott damn! that is a sweet story and memory!!!! I have never been to a pga event. Even the one that comes to town in Charlotte I've never attended. But to see that swing in game time pressure is awesome story you shared!!

-DUB-

@ATL96Steeler man, you are playing solid golf with those scores!! Keep it up.

For my hdcp (now 12) they are not really that great...my 2017 actual/hdcp posted so far...86/84, 84/82, 90/87, 89/87...even though I was in the money last week, those scores are not going to be in the money too often with this crew....gotta tighten up the short game to keep those big numbers off, every round I've had a hole or two that had to be a ESC adjusted.

PGAT...it's more than worth it for a golfer to see the big boys play at least once. Quail Hollow attracts a strong field...one of the better ones to see the top players tee it up.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks DUB:

That was the first Pro Men's tourney that I ever attended , but a few years ago I attended the LPGA in Rochester, NY, the Wegmans's classic I think its called. Anyway, there's not as many spectators as a men's event so you can get really close to the players. I saw that Paula Creamer was going to be walking really close to me on her way to the next tee box, so i told my buddy that when she got right next to me I was going to ask her out. So my buddy distanced himself from me to avoid any embarrassment and when she walked by I said " Go get em, Paula" she turned right at me smiled and said 'thanks". My buddy sees all this and actually thinks I asked her out, I said that she said she'd "think about it"..lol. I didn't tell him till end of the day what actually happened. And that's the end of my pro golf tourney stories....for now:)

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at Bethpage for the Open in '02 and walked beside Elin Woods for a number of holes.

She ignored the fuck out of me.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks DUB:

That was the first Pro Men's tourney that I ever attended , but a few years ago I attended the LPGA in Rochester, NY, the Wegmans's classic I think its called. Anyway, there's not as many spectators as a men's event so you can get really close to the players. I saw that Paula Creamer was going to be walking really close to me on her way to the next tee box, so i told my buddy that when she got right next to me I was going to ask her out. So my buddy distanced himself from me to avoid any embarrassment and when she walked by I said " Go get em, Paula" she turned right at me smiled and said 'thanks". My buddy sees all this and actually thinks I asked her out, I said that she said she'd "think about it"..lol. I didn't tell him till end of the day what actually happened. And that's the end of my pro golf tourney stories....for now:)

Creamer is a fine gal...married now I think. I liked her better with a little more meat on her. She's lost a few pounds the last yr or so.

I've been to 1 LPGA event in my life and I was quite impressed with the top players...Annika was machine like with her accuracy...the depth is just not there though.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at Bethpage for the Open in '02 and walked beside Elin Woods for a number of holes.

She ignored the fuck out of me.

Knowing you ..you were probably in a hide.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioned this before, but I live next to a golf course. My 3 neighbor buds and our pals go out there in the middle of the night regularly. Sometimes we just chip and putt, sometimes we just drive, and sometimes we play 9 holes. Its awesome.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to work on my swing...

FearfulWelldocumentedCowrie.gif

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and my buddy tried out a simulator place yesterday and had a blast. Pretty accurate with the yardages.

We set it to just two putt cause that part's cheesy but I was swinging really well and scored even par on the front 9 at splyglass!
I golfed Pebble Beach last year and intend to go again this year. It was a very enjoyable experience.