• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got Beat Up Pretty Bigly Yesterday

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was humbling. Our courses aren't open yet so me and a buddy drove down to the Southeast coast of CT to play the Lake Of Isles course at Foxwoods. I have never been on such a magnificent golf course in all my life. Every single hole required complete concentration and peril lurked at every turn. Several holes had a forced carry of 150+ and a few of them 200+ and that was from the second set of tees. Both 17 and 18 required a long carry into the wind.

Along with all of this, I've been doing all sorts of things with my swing. Although I hit it great at the range, I took out a 3 wood to stay safe on the opening par 5 and I pulled it into the shit left and had to drop for an opening triple.....it didn't get much better all day and neither of us broke 100!

I don't recall the last time I failed to break 90 on a golf course, let alone that massacre. I can't wait to go back when I have my game with me.

On this one I hit the water just right of the bunker with a 7 iron. Didn't use the drop area because it was so much fun from the tee. Re-loaded and hit the middle of the green and two-putted for my double.

Lake%20of%20Isles%201%281%29.jpg

Pretty much how the whole day went. What a magnificent and brutal golf course. Seemed like every tee was like these:

Lake-of-Isles-North-Course-Connecticut-32.jpg

foxwoodsgolf17-1600x1200.jpg

Each hole is cut into the woods and there are no adjacent holes at all. If you're off your fairway, you're in the woods.

I'm completely exhausted mentally today and I can't wait to go back. Golf is fuckin' nutz!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and no that's not either of us in the pic....just got 'em online.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That looks like wonderful torture.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful looking course.
I use a little playful sarcasm on the tee when I am confronted with a new challenging tee shot.
As if I say, "You didn't just put this narrow little fairway in front of me, golf course designer, thinking you were going to claim this golf ball did you"?

What if I just put it in the middle of the fairway? You ok with that? Puts me in a fun and still aggressive state of mind.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NEhomer...it happens.

This course is beautiful and reminds me of a course I played LY...Echelon Golf Club...former home of the GA Tech Mens golf team.

The routing, has lots of elevation change, some forced carries, few if any parallel fairways, large really quick greens...it's a real beast...Black tips 7558/77.8/154 slope...then the Gold tee...we played it from Blue 6558/71.9/139 slope...I broke a 100 both times we played, but 91 was the best I could post in 2 attempts. Fair, but very tough.

Expensive but sometimes they run promo pricing if you're on their email list and I am so when they run another one we're going to try it again.

https://www.echelongolf.com/

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great read, views, and update on getting out to play. I was in PR for 8 days on vaca and none of the beach courses looked like this... hahah. You'll be fine the next round. Sometimes us golfers just need to stop and smell the roses when out on a great looking course....

-DUB-