• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gordon Hayward still putting in work while his teammates roll

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unreal start to this season after such a horrible start.

23172447_10154953909705913_8377217592607271270_n.jpg

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't believe the Celtics have won 8 straight. I figured without Hayward they would struggle to make the playoffs. It's fun watching these guys play.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics are off to an unexpected start, which is nice. But Kyrie should be averaging more points, assists & rebounds. He also should be shooting better from the field & from downtown. Shit he can't even hit 90% of his FT's!:L

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't believe the Celtics have won 8 straight. I figured without Hayward they would struggle to make the playoffs. It's fun watching these guys play.
after the end of game 2 i thought this team was lost. kyrie looked like he checked out. "i came here for THIS?"

unreal. baynes and theis have been finds. i love what baynes brings to this team. 2 of their top 4 scorers are 21 or under.

lots to like. i just hope tatum makes the rookie adjustment after about 35 games. they usually hit a wall, hard.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good on Hayward and good on the Celtics. Didn't expect them to be this good once Hayward went down.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I think that's awesome and shows how badly he wants to be out there. I know the C's have said he's out for the season, but I don't know.

If he's that motivated to get back, maybe he can get back before the season is over? Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. But I don't think I'd necessarily rule it out either.

Reactions: LAD

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I think that's awesome and shows how badly he wants to be out there. I know the C's have said he's out for the season, but I don't know.

If he's that motivated to get back, maybe he can get back before the season is over? Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. But I don't think I'd necessarily rule it out either.

He has said he's out for the year. Also, Celtics have been granted that roster exemption bc he's gonna be out. I'm just hoping no nerve damage. If that's the case his career is in jeopardy.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hayward is the kind of guy who legit loves basketball.

He doesn't play just because he's good at it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has said he's out for the year. Also, Celtics have been granted that roster exemption bc he's gonna be out. I'm just hoping no nerve damage. If that's the case his career is in jeopardy.

Ah, forgot about the roster exemption. That probably ends any shot of him coming back this season. Agree about nerve damage. From what I read, it looks like the surgery went well, so hopefully that means no nerve damage. They may not know for certain until he's farther along in the recovery process though.

Dude has a lot of work ahead of him, but it looks like he's going about it the way he should. Hope he fully recovers and gets back to playing like he can. I want the Celtics completely healthy when the Lakers sweep them in the 2019 finals. :D

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, forgot about the roster exemption. That probably ends any shot of him coming back this season. Agree about nerve damage. From what I read, it looks like the surgery went well, so hopefully that means no nerve damage. They may not know for certain until he's farther along in the recovery process though.

Dude has a lot of work ahead of him, but it looks like he's going about it the way he should. Hope he fully recovers and gets back to playing like he can. I want the Celtics completely healthy when the Lakers sweep them in the 2019 finals. :D

Stevens made it a point that part of his "rehab" is he's gonna be around the team (attending meetings, looking at film, etc). They said it was important that he doesn't isolate himself and just try to heal. They want him around the team for his psyche.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevens made it a point that part of his "rehab" is he's gonna be around the team (attending meetings, looking at film, etc). They said it was important that he doesn't isolate himself and just try to heal. They want him around the team for his psyche.

I think that's a great approach. Too many guys don't spend time around their teammates when rehabbing an injury. Makes it a little tougher to reintegrate when they return, imo.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a great approach. Too many guys don't spend time around their teammates when rehabbing an injury. Makes it a little tougher to reintegrate when they return, imo.

Word is that the toughest part of this injury is replaying it over and over in your head. Hayward, Ainge and Stevens ALL spoke to Paul George. He told them all the same thing. "It's a long process. You're gonna have your good days and your bad days. It's important to have a strong support network around you to help you get thru it". At Least that's what was reported.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

outside shot...why?

this team, as its constructed, has limited time. they need to play together. if...IF...he is cleared and can play the final 10-15-20 games? ease him in, small minutes, and get them at least organized together. see what happens come playoffs.

if im hayward tho, i dont push it.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids loves hoop. I think he will come back with a whole new angle to his game

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics are off to an unexpected start, which is nice. But Kyrie should be averaging more points, assists & rebounds. He also should be shooting better from the field & from downtown. Shit he can't even hit 90% of his FT's!:L
:eek:
Well, if we compare his career stats to this season (with only 10 games in) he's right on par. How many rebounds do you expect your guard to average a game? He's shooting 88% from the line and just under 50% from the field. At almost 6 assists per game he's on par with the other PGs in the league. But, he's been much more effective in terms of keeping his team engaged vs. his iso play in Cleveland. What else do you want from him?