• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell in a pickle?????

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh those guys were already on the roster and under contract they sort of illegally renegotiated their contracts the pay them on the back end while funding the new stadium. pretty sure they would have been there anyway. Point is the they screwed the pooch and paid the cost.
Yes, and yes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To use my son's favorite comment....Wait, what?

So they circumvented the salary cap, allowing them to get or retain players that may have played somewhere else if not paid the higher rate, yet they gained no competitive advantage?????

The players were under contract already. They were going to be in Denver and they got paid exactly the same amount. It is a matter of when they got paid that happened. All the Broncos had to do was take out a quick loan and pay the players on time. The owner didn't realize some of the accounting people had done this of going to a couple of players and asking if they would be willing to take some of their payment just a little late.

So where is the competitive advantage here? This would be like saying that my work gets some kind of advantage if they pay me a few days late. No just means my check is a bit delayed. I still get paid and they still get the same work from me.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he choking on it and running out of air?

Because that would be well earned by him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Pats had the whole video taping from the wrong location.
Explain to me what the second and third were?

You know there is more than that. Do we really want to get into this debate. This isn't a matter of things they have actually been caught and owned up to but everything. We can talk about the taping of practice before the Super Bowl.

We can talk about how even equipment guys owned up to the fact that they had been taping at least since 2000 the hand signals of other teams when this was against the rules.

This isn't against the rules but the whole rummaging through visiting teams hotels for playbooks and scouting reports.

There are the allegations of hiring people to go pull the fire alarm at the hotel of the opposing team.

The whole allegations that they would put listening devices in opponents locker rooms or send guys in after teams had went to the field. I mean it isn't made up that teams hired extra security just to watch the locker room and anything important they would leave the locker room to talk elsewhere in fear of it being overheard.

Some coaches have put fake plays in during the walk through on Saturday because they were worried the Patriots were watching them.

Of course the headset malfunctions at the worst times possible during the game.

The list goes on but these are allegations that have been leveraged against the Pats. Not all of them have they been punished for and not all of them are illegal either according to the rules of the NFL but they set a pattern that again makes people suspicious and makes the media go crazy.

Understand I say all this and honestly I don't care. In the NFL all teams are looking for that advantage and if they are not then they are doing a disservice to the team. Patriots have gotten caught in part because other Owners have pushed for it and in part because when you are top dog everybody is watching and wanting to tear you down.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know there is more than that. Do we really want to get into this debate. This isn't a matter of things they have actually been caught and owned up to but everything. We can talk about the taping of practice before the Super Bowl.

We can talk about how even equipment guys owned up to the fact that they had been taping at least since 2000 the hand signals of other teams when this was against the rules.

This isn't against the rules but the whole rummaging through visiting teams hotels for playbooks and scouting reports.

There are the allegations of hiring people to go pull the fire alarm at the hotel of the opposing team.

The whole allegations that they would put listening devices in opponents locker rooms or send guys in after teams had went to the field. I mean it isn't made up that teams hired extra security just to watch the locker room and anything important they would leave the locker room to talk elsewhere in fear of it being overheard.

Some coaches have put fake plays in during the walk through on Saturday because they were worried the Patriots were watching them.

The list goes on but these are allegations that have been leveraged against the Pats. Not all of them have they been punished for and not all of them are illegal either according to the rules of the NFL but they set a pattern that again makes people suspicious and makes the media go crazy.

Understand I say all this and honestly I don't care. In the NFL all teams are looking for that advantage and if they are not then they are doing a disservice to the team. Patriots have gotten caught in part because other Owners have pushed for it and in part because when you are top dog everybody is watching and wanting to tear you down.
No you actually can't talk about taping a practice before a Super Bowl if it never happened and We really should get into this debate. Being caught and/or owning up is the only thing they should be accountable for... everything else is probably made up...

Recording hand signals is not against rules if not used in the current game. Headsets malfunctioning on headsets controlled by the league is not the Pats' fault and that too happens in other places. I barely recall any of these headset issues and I watch every game.

Fire alarms happen to visiting teams all the time and though I'm not certain, is probably without the conspiring of the home team. Others teams have hired security because they always lose and something other than losing has to be the reason.

I enjoy your perspective as an opinion from the oposition, but this one post from you is a real turd.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of which is either made up to make the Pats look bad or pure conjecture. There have been fire alarms pulled at hotels in Nashville. Did the Pats staff do that too?

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something, something, deflated balls. Text messages, something something. Something, cell phone, something, something

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta remember this was Rogers 1st yr as commish and he needed to make a statement that he was not fucking around. They were trying to get control of the league again. He sent out a memo, BB played dumb and said he didn't understand it. I call BS. All he had to do was call the league and confirm, he choose not to. Roger got pissed and HAD to lay the hammer down to show he was not fucking around and had to look strong and in charge. BB fucked up big time, I mean big time. I wanted him gone, I honestly did.

The only team that tapped SB practices were the Rams, look it up. Patriots called the league on it and there is a report.

I saw a video the other day and I wish saved it, but it was Al Michaels and Madden showing what went wrong with spygate, and it was literally where the guy was standing. BB had the guy behind the bench, which was wrong. He was suppose to be up in the booth. I mean for fucks sake....all that for being in the wrong spot. That's like getting the death penalty for J walking...BB could have gotten his signals from either spot.

IMO opinion the rest was all BS. Lot's of reaching in here by some of the comments I have read....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of which is either made up to make the Pats look bad or pure conjecture. There have been fire alarms pulled at hotels in Nashville. Did the Pats staff do that too?

I never said all of it is substantiated. This is the story that has been built up. I know Pats fans get very frustrated with having to have these types of conversations all the time. It is why I didn't really want to go there. All of these things though have been major news stories whether deserved or not. And like I said once a few rumors get started it doesn't take long for things to snowball out of control. The NFL has not helped that by opening up investigations where at that point whether you are innocent or not you are found guilty in the eye of other fans.

Honestly all that I listed I couldn't care less about. It is football and plenty of teams I'm sure do many of the same things the Pats do to try and get an advantage. It is a copy cat league and plenty of Pats former coaches are throughout the league. So I'm sure they took lessons from Belichick with them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you actually can't talk about taping a practice before a Super Bowl if it never happened and We really should get into this debate. Being caught and/or owning up is the only thing they should be accountable for... everything else is probably made up...

Recording hand signals is not against rules if not used in the current game. Headsets malfunctioning on headsets controlled by the league is not the Pats' fault and that too happens in other places. I barely recall any of these headset issues and I watch every game.

Fire alarms happen to visiting teams all the time and though I'm not certain, is probably without the conspiring of the home team. Others teams have hired security because they always lose and something other than losing has to be the reason.

I enjoy your perspective as an opinion from the oposition, but this one post from you is a real turd.

Like I said above you are taking my comments like I actually believe half the stuff I wrote. I don't. I said these are the things that have been alleged about the Patriots over the last few years and when you are winning at such a high rate when no other team can come close to matching everybody looks for reasons why outside of the obvious that they are just that much better than everybody else. Others try to find that there has to be some other logical answer and when these allegations come up it becomes "oh well they just cheated to win." It doesn't take those things actually being proven for people to think that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Why were other teams' videos destroyed?? Because they were more illegal that the Patriots videotapes?"

That's the only speculation.

All else is documented fact.

Mara shows up for Brady hearing

"court listed only one party as the plaintiff: The National Football League Management Council. Mara, not Commissioner Roger Goodell, is the chairman of the NFL Management Council."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My black Goodell Clown Tee Shirt arrived yesterday............I don't have tickets for the Opener but I'll be wearing my shirt.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Goodell just laughs about it while cashing his bonus check for $40 million from the owners including Kraft. He is paid to be the bad guy and paid well for it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to argue with anybody so believe what you will but I cannot for like of me understand how anybody could read those texts between the Pats equipment guys and not conclude that they were fucking with the balls.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to argue with anybody so believe what you will but I cannot for like of me understand how anybody could read those texts between the Pats equipment guys and not conclude that they were fucking with the balls.

You mean the text where Brady said he wanted the balls set at 12.5 psi...? That text...?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can totally get on board with those two morons fucking with the balls. There is zero in those texts that would allow anyone to conclude that Brady was "more or less generally aware" that they were fucking with the balls, much less that he actively directed them to do it.

I think it a far, far more likely conclusion in reading the texts that Jastremski did it on his own because he wanted swag from Brady and didn't want Brady getting pissed off at him again for allowing the balls to be overinflated.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the text where Brady said he wanted the balls set at 12.5 psi...? That text...?

No, the one where one got called the "deflator."

I can totally get on board with those two morons fucking with the balls. There is zero in those texts that would allow anyone to conclude that Brady was "more or less generally aware" that they were fucking with the balls, much less that he actively directed them to do it.

I think it a far, far more likely conclusion in reading the texts that Jastremski did it on his own because he wanted swag from Brady and didn't want Brady getting pissed off at him again for allowing the balls to be overinflated.

Said I wasn't gonna argue so you go ahead and believe that. I don't.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe what you will.