• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell in a pickle?????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is in more than a pickle......He and the NFL have started marketing EE as the "New" face of the NFL. Charming, good looking, potential superstar, Dallas Cowboy....all things that Cam Newton, Johnny Manzel and JJ watt just couldn't sell.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, but, but...Integrity! Fairness! Consistency!

IOW, fuck you right in the ass Goodell. And fuck De Smith and the NFLPA and all of the owners, too. This guy has been making shit up as he goes along for years, treating the CBA like a roll of gas station TP, and they've all just been letting him do it time and again. At this point, I can't have any sympathy for any of them. The amount of money these guys are generating in spite of their own stupidity is mind-boggling to me.

Also, Ezekiel Elliott looks like one of those 1960's Super Marionation characters come to life.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mehh that's a Pats based media outlet I am not putting to much into that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mehh that's a Pats based media outlet I am not putting to much into that.

Very true. It does have a point however... It is still shedding the light on "possibly, maybe, knowing" about a deflated football is worse than domestic violence...

But I've come to the conclusion no matter what the Patriots will be judged harsher as long as Goodell is in power.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. It does have a point however... It is still shedding the light on "possibly, maybe, knowing" about a deflated football is worse than domestic violence...

But I've come to the conclusion no matter what the Patriots will be judged harsher as long as Goodell is in power.
He's more concerned with Patricia's gd shirt than domestic violence too. He's just a pos.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's more concerned with Patricia's gd shirt than domestic violence too. He's just a pos.

Yeah which is ridiculous. He deserved that shirt and should be embracing it

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The deflated football + SPygate the Pats in his point of view cheated to a degree that would allow for a competitive edge. The punishment for was Deflatgate + Spygate + Bradys Lack of Copperation = 4 Games. Not saying it's right just the way I think he saw it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deflated football + SPygate the Pats in his point of view cheated to a degree that would allow for a competitive edge. The punishment for was Deflatgate + Spygate + Bradys Lack of Copperation = 4 Games. Not saying it's right just the way I think he saw it.

Let's get ALL of the facts straight..............

Deflategate.........When all was said, investigated and checked and rechecked.....There were NO underinflated balls. (When rechecked, all of the balls were indoors in temps around 72 degrees. Pretty stupid ehhh? It's that Ideal Gas Law Bullshit)

Spygate..........Belichick did nothing illegal. He did it from an illegal spot on the field after being warned.

Brady's lack of cooperation...........Under oath in court, Ted Wells verified that Tom Brady did cooperate during 'both' of his interviews. When Brady asked Wells if he needed anything from his cell phone, Wells told him it was unnecessary because he had all of the texts and emails from both of the Patriots equipment people.

The 4 games were a response by Goodell under Article 46 that says he can suspend any player for anything or any reason. Goodell was under pressure from a group of the more powerful owners. He suspended Brady for four games to get himself exonerated for destroying over 250 videotapes of football games and practices that had been turned into the NFL by the Patriots and other teams during the Spygate Investigation. Why were other teams' videos destroyed?? Because they were more illegal that the Patriots videotapes?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get ALL of the facts straight..............

Deflategate.........When all was said, investigated and checked and rechecked.....There were NO underinflated balls. (When rechecked, all of the balls were indoors in temps around 72 degrees. Pretty stupid ehhh? It's that Ideal Gas Law Bullshit)
There were under inflated balls we know this and again some of the lack of cooperation drivel was part of the decision.

Spygate..........Belichick did nothing illegal. He did it from an illegal spot on the field after being warned.

So it was illegal then? If memory serves and it may not at this age a memo was sent to all team indicating where they could and could not tape, BB chose to ignore that and tape from an illegal spot, thus it was against the rules, regardless of how minor. And none of know what was on all the other tapes.

Brady's lack of cooperation...........Under oath in court, Ted Wells verified that Tom Brady did cooperate during 'both' of his interviews. When Brady asked Wells if he needed anything from his cell phone, Wells told him it was unnecessary because he had all of the texts and emails from both of the Patriots equipment people.

The 4 games were a response by Goodell under Article 46 that says he can suspend any player for anything or any reason. Goodell was under pressure from a group of the more powerful owners. He suspended Brady for four games to get himself exonerated for destroying over 250 videotapes of football games and practices that had been turned into the NFL by the Patriots and other teams during the Spygate Investigation. Why were other teams' videos destroyed?? Because they were more illegal that the Patriots videotapes?

That's a lot of speculation.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Why were other teams' videos destroyed?? Because they were more illegal that the Patriots videotapes?"

That's the only speculation.

All else is documented fact.

No not all else documented fact. The speculation is that Roger punished due to owner pressure. Also other teams were not investigated for a cheating scandal do there was no need to maintain a copy of their tapes.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Why were other teams' videos destroyed?? Because they were more illegal that the Patriots videotapes?"

That's the only speculation.

All else is documented fact.

Rumor has it, and who knows how true....but, apparently BB had tapes from other teams who filmed other opponents, and that is why Rog destroyed them. He realized he had a league wide problem and that is why he sent out the memo. BB fucked that up and should have just done what it said.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it, and who knows how true....but, apparently BB had tapes from other teams who filmed other opponents, and that is why Rog destroyed them. He realized he had a league wide problem and that is why he sent out the memo. BB fucked that up and should have just done what it said.

Yes.
Bill admitted to this.

He did but if memory serves he acted as if he had found some loophole that didn't exist or wasn't accepted. But yeah he was pretty much an arrogant prick about it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did but if memory serves he acted as if he had found some loophole that didn't exist or wasn't accepted. But yeah he was pretty much an arrogant prick about it.

Per Bill;
"As the commissioner acknowledged, our use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of last week's game. We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress. Part of my job as head coach is to ensure that our football operations are conducted in compliance of the league rules and all accepted interpretations of them. My interpretation of a rule in the Constitution and Bylaws was incorrect."

I can see how some could view that as being an arrogant prick. I see it as a typical factual BB statement.
He owned it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Bill;
"As the commissioner acknowledged, our use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of last week's game. We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress. Part of my job as head coach is to ensure that our football operations are conducted in compliance of the league rules and all accepted interpretations of them. My interpretation of a rule in the Constitution and Bylaws was incorrect."

I can see how some could view that as being an arrogant prick. I see it as a typical factual BB statement.
He owned it.
Or a cop out plea. If BB is " The Smartest Coach " in the league why was he the only one that misunderstood the rule? I just don't buy it, I think he feels he found a loophole, explored it, got busted, tried to smooth talk it and paid the price.

I don't blame him one bit it's what a coach should do, and I feel every other team in the league was doing or has done something against the rules to gain an edge it's the nature of competitive sports. People need to stop acting like it was such an egregious offense and some need to stop acting as if the Pats are innocent of this stuff. I feel it did happen I feel it still happens and I feel it still happens league wide.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or a cop out plea. If BB is " The Smartest Coach " in the league why was he the only one that misunderstood the rule? I just don't buy it, I think he feels he found a loophole, explored it, got busted, tried to smooth talk it and paid the price.

I don't blame him one bit it's what a coach should do, and I feel every other team in the league was doing or has done something against the rules to gain an edge it's the nature of competitive sports. People need to stop acting like it was such an egregious offense and some need to stop acting as if the Pats are innocent of this stuff. I feel it did happen I feel it still happens and I feel it still happens league wide.

Correct, Pats are not totally innocent, nor are they any more guilty than any other team.
They are just punished harder for actual crimes (Use of cameras in the wrong location), or punished for contrived crimes (Ideal gas law).
This is due to the continued success even after loss of high draft picks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, Pats are not totally innocent, nor are they any more guilty than any other team.
They are just punished harder for actual crimes (Use of cameras in the wrong location), or punished for contrived crimes (Ideal gas law).
This is due to the continued success even after loss of high draft picks.
That is due to them being caught that's it!

All teams cheat but it's in varying degrees so it boils down to the severity of the infraction and whether or not you get caught.

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns "incorrectly interpret" a rule, who gives a shit??? If the Patriots do it, it's cheating. That's the problem with success. If you do something wrong it's a horrible crime. If you're John Elway and you might be able to beat the Patriots, then we'll overlook the fact that you exceeded the salary cap by $XXXM. No else cares because "we" have to take down the Patriots.

The Patriots have been in the AFC Championship Game for the past 6 years, winning 4. Denver has won the other 2. The league and 95% of fans in this country just want to see someone else playing this game and the Super Bowl.

Goodell wants to see the Patriots slide into mediocrity but he's pretty much done what he can and has looked like a fool in many instances. With Brady reaching 40 and many teams starting to hit rebuilding mode and making improvements, the day will come where someone will take the top spot away. I just don't think it'll be in 2017.