• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodbye John Fox, hello Jim Harbaugh?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa. Interesting article of this possibility in the suntimes.

Should Jim Harbaugh leave Michigan to coach the Bears? Makes sense

“When Harbaugh still was coaching Stanford late in 2009, a member of the McCaskey family made it clear the franchise was aware of Harbaugh, who was on a fast track for an NFL job and would top the family’s wish list if things didn’t work out with [Lovie] Smith.

Smith saved his job by coaching the Bears to an 11-5 season and taking them to the NFC Championship game. It’s the last time the Bears have been to the playoffs.

“People are going to take that as me saying he’s looking to leave Michigan, but I’m not saying that at all. If you know Jim Harbaugh the competitor, you’d know he has unfinished business with Ohio State having not beaten Urban Meyer yet. But from what I’ve been told, Chicago would be his NFL dream job.”

If he were to return to Chicago, not only would Harbaugh, 53, land his dream job, but much of the infrastructure seems to be in place for instant success. He would be reunited with defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, who teamed with Harbaugh four seasons in San Francisco, including the Super Bowl run in 2013.

Man if this happens I would be thrilled. Sounds too good to be true however...or is it...? Wow, I get excited just thinking about it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh wants the power, Pace won't give it. I don't see it happening. Harbaugh is a bad drunk with a shit personality and a over rated coach. I hope we steer clear.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happens after Jordan Howard gets benched?

Jimmy ain't leaving AA

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn’t be a bad hire at all. I’d check with Fangio first though. If he wants to bail if a new hc comes in, I think it would be better to promote him. Those two have worked together before and we don’t know the complexities of their relationship. However, We have been hearing the Jim Harbaugh rumors since Trestman was about to get canned. They could be true.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may as well bring in Kaepernick, Tebow, and a pregnant nun in black face.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article.

Maybe they wanted Harbaugh with Singletary as his defensive coordinator in 2009

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Fox is done?

Harbaugh is so fucking annoying, dude. I also think he is overrated af.
Yeah, Fox won’t be around much longer. He’s great at building teams but awful at coaching in the games. He makes bad decisions. I really think he was brought in to build this team. If pace can, he will get rid of Fox this year. If not, he may have to wait through some bad playoff losses. If fox can win a super bowl in the next four years, he’ll be here a long time, if he can’t make the playoffs next year, he’s gone. If he keeps getting to the playoffs and chokes like he usually does, he will be gone. I think those are probably his guidelines.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Fox won’t be around much longer. He’s great at building teams but awful at coaching in the games. He makes bad decisions. I really think he was brought in to build this team. If pace can, he will get rid of Fox this year. If not, he may have to wait through some bad playoff losses. If fox can win a super bowl in the next four years, he’ll be here a long time, if he can’t make the playoffs next year, he’s gone. If he keeps getting to the playoffs and chokes like he usually does, he will be gone. I think those are probably his guidelines.

I like what this regime is doing, regardless. I like Pace a lot.

I mean, this was a total rebuild. We can't expect him to have fared much better than he has. I think the arrow is totally UP for this team.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what this regime is doing, regardless. I like Pace a lot.

I mean, this was a total rebuild. We can't expect him to have fared much better than he has. I think the arrow is totally UP for this team.
I am in total agreement here. Pace has been phenomenal so far.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced everything Pace gets credit for Pace did. There is no way Fox does not have say in personnel moves, but is in complete cover his ass mode. He expects another job after this one.