• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Games on Kickstarter

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see couple of really great looking games out on KS right now.

The first is Western Legends. Everything makes sense for once...very thematic. Mini's look great. The reviews are through the roof. Looks like a a good time.

The second game is Seize the Bean. This one is a lot less intense but it looks like there is a lot of silliness going on that will continue to make it fun...especially if it makes it through most of the stretch goals. The reviews for this one are also great.

I have nothing to do with the designers of either games. Just a tip from one board game nerd to anyone who is interested. :loco2:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see couple of really great looking games out on KS right now.

The first is Western Legends. Everything makes sense for once...very thematic. Mini's look great. The reviews are through the roof. Looks like a a good time.

The second game is Seize the Bean. This one is a lot less intense but it looks like there is a lot of silliness going on that will continue to make it fun...especially if it makes it through most of the stretch goals. The reviews for this one are also great.

I have nothing to do with the designers of either games. Just a tip from one board game nerd to anyone who is interested. :loco2:
I saw rahdo run through Western Legends and it seems pretty decent. With Red Dead Redemption 2 just around the corner I'll probably focus on that but I could see myself doubling back and getting Western Legends at some point.

Mechanically, Seize the Bean seems right up my alley. Drafting and Set Collection are probably 2 of my 4 favorite mechanisms (Worker Placement and Action Selection are up there, too) but I really don't like the art style on Seize the Bean. I'm also not huge into Dominion style deckbuilding and those games are everywhere.

Museum looks like a good board game. Ticket to Ride level with maybe a slight Lords of Waterdeep feel. Good art but I'm not sure the theme would work for everyone.

Argent: The Consortium 2nd Edition is on kickstarter right now. Its a pretty great worker placement game and the 2nd edition fixes some cosmetic and balance issues that the original game (arguably) has. Not sure about the Masks expansion as it seems redundant and the anime theme will either be a plus or a minus but the actual gameplay is top notch if you like chaos.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two best kickstarter games that I picked up last year were Crisis...which is a worker placement/engine builder that is great fun...and Pursuit of Happiness (also worker placement) that is just great fun all around. Is it better than CV? I think so, but I picked up CV anyway because Barnes and Noble had a copy after Christmas for $17....can't go wrong.