• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Bye Logan Ryan?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: CB Gilmore intends to join Patriots

Cornerback Stephon Gilmore is staying in the AFC East, as he is expected to sign a five-year deal with the New England Patriots, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Gilmore, 26, bounced back from a rocky start last season with the Buffalo Bills to become one of the NFL's best available free agents this spring.

After the Bills exercised Gilmore's $11.082 million fifth-year option in May for the 2016 season, the two sides failed to reach a long-term contract agreement before talks ended last summer. Gilmore made his negotiating position clear during training camp, saying he believed he was among the elite cornerbacks in the league.

The Bills chose not to use the franchise tag as the $14.2 million price tag for cornerbacks was prohibitive.

The planned signing of Gilmore indicates that free-agent cornerback Logan Ryan will not return to New England.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Butler? ($)

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need one rolling thread. Pats picked up Dwayne Allen as well.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think us Patriots fans put a higher value on Butler than the Patriots front office does.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if Ryan had been the player he was during the super bowl we couldn't live without him. That guy had a very good pressence and left me wondering why that pressence wasn't always there.... From the physical play on Sanu to the blowing up a pulling guard on a sweep, he seemed so much more aware with his play than a guy I always thought was doing too much reacting with plays....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Ryan led the Patriots in Solo Tackles in 2016. That says a lot about the level of his play this past season. The big question is..........now that you have the money can you continue the same level of play with your new team? Will you have the surrounding cast that will allow you to be the same player you were on the Patriots?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Ryan led the Patriots in Solo Tackles in 2016. That says a lot about the level of his play this past season. The big question is..........now that you have the money can you continue the same level of play with your new team? Will you have the surrounding cast that will allow you to be the same player you were on the Patriots?
He won't earn his pay if they have him playing outside. Having him cover the middle was the best thing NE could've done. I wish I could say I hate to see him go but I'd be lieing. Too many memories burnt into my brain of him getting burnt and all I see is #26 on the back of his jersey.

I wish he'd had started off covering the slot. The 2nd half of the year, thru the p/o's and the SB he did well, very well.

Good luck Logan