• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gonna be strange to not see Trufant out there.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd lost a step but was still a decent corner. Our depth at the position made him expendable though. So, I wish him luck in Jax. Sad to see long time Hawks like him move on.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that is one of the downsides to the biz, but MT was well compensated and respected while he was here. That being said I hope he enjoys his time in Jax and finishes out his career strong.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you never know, this might work out for everybody. I don't think playing the slot position was working out for him. Perhaps he'll be able to play his regular position, even if it's as a backup, and grab some of old mojo!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one wasn't as bad as Griffey, but it was time to move on and say goodbye. We will miss him for sure and he should be praised for his career here. I think we can all agree he wasn't the best fit moving forward for what they are doing at this point in his career. He wasn't going to see much game time if he stayed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be proud to see him in the Ring of Honor..T-town product, Seahawk pro-bowler, superbowl represent..good luck TRUF! Yeahh I will miss #23

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he makes the ROH. Look at how few people are on that list and ask what it takes to make it. Not just being popular, but production at a very high level. What was great about Tru is he was always steady and you knew you could rely on him, but his numbers weren't crazy good. We will all miss him, but he will be added to another long list of former players who were with us a long time and didn't make the ring.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. He was at one time, the league's #1 or #2 top shutdown corner. He didn't get the stats unfortunately, because the passes avoided coming his way. It was more rush first in the NFL too, fewer passes. Well, he will raise the big 12flag one day I bet lol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Trufant! Solid CB for years. Good luck to him sad to see him go but it had to be done.

Good to see new posters. I see your a Mariner fan. Someday they'll get all of us excited again. Just wondering where did you post before, if any place?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trufant's ROH chances depend on whether the organization thinks he was the best corner the team ever had stat-wise and leadership-wise when he played and they'll take into consideration his longevity with the team. He ranks very high on the all-time Seahawks list in a lot of defensive categories, so I think he has a legitimate shot at it. If we were talking about the football Hall of Fame, I would say no, but this is an honor specific to this team and I think he meets the criteria. It won't happen until after he retires, obviously, but I think it'll happen.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see new posters. I see your a Mariner fan. Someday they'll get all of us excited again. Just wondering where did you post before, if any place?

I was over at CBS. But I didn't do much posting on the Seahawks page, usually just read what others where saying so I could stay up to date.