• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golson returning this spring!

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is truly great news! He'll still have to sit a year, but I see he finally saw the light and the shine of the Golden Dome were in his best interests! Glad to have him back!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew he would be back but lets just play the what If game. If Zaire plays and does well he might change his mind.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew he would be back but lets just play the what If game. If Zaire plays and does well he might change his mind.

True, but if Zaire plays really well, we may not need Golson next year(2014). The nice thing is that this gives us the security of knowing that if Zaire doesn't pan out, or Hendrix doesn't step up, we will still have a quality QB coming back for 2014. If either Hendrix or Zaire does step up big time, and Golson leaves, it might not be a huge issue. But in any event, depth at QB is never a bad thing.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Rees is starting this season, do you guys think he won't finish? It'd no doubt be better for the team if Hendrix or Zaire can step up, I'm just not sure it's going to happen. Zaire maybe, but it's really disappointing that Hendrix isn't better than Rees at this point and I doubt it's going to magically happen at some point during the season.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rees is an efficient QB, but hardly a superstar. He has proven he is a winner as he tends to pull it out of the bag, somehow against the odds. He's calm, cool and composed under pressure and possesses some really good leadership skills. The biggest knock on him is his propensity for making boneheaded mistakes at bad times. I think he has learned to cut down on many of those mistakes as he has come along. I believe his experience gives him the starting job over the others, but I'm sure BK will have a short leash on him if he starts reverting back to Turnover Tommy ways. He is our best option to start at this point, unless Zaire or Hendrix really show something over the summer. Of course I would rather have Golson taking the snaps, but that's not gonna happen due to him not having his head screwed on straight in the classroom.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rees should be a better QB than he has been. He has had more time to learn and should be able to make better decisions. I think BK named Rees as the starter so there is no QB controversy and the team can be more focused. Also, I think BK is not at all in love with Rees. BK had success with with easing Golson into the position last year and I like to think that he will try the same thing with Zaire this season. BK will have Rees on a short leash. Rees will end the year as a starter only if he plays well.
GO IRISH!

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rees has the lowest potential upside of the three returning QB's, but I also think he has the highest downside. In other words, he is the safest bet to start the season, and can stay the starter if neither of the others steps up. I don't think Rees will be the starter for the full year, but it's not like we are going into the season without an experienced QB. The bottom line is that I don't think this situation is as bad as some think.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, Irish. I actually think Tommy has tapped into all his potential and he isn't going to get any better than he already is. He's a smart kid, but not athletically gifted enough. As a result he doesn't fit the offensive scheme at all. Kelly needs a mobile QB.

I would rather have Hendrix start this year and see how that goes.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see INT Rees in the game. I think Rees starts the season but we see a new QB by week 3 or 4 when we are either 2-2 or 2-1. Defense is going have to step up again this year.

I am nervous when Golson comes back. Player takes a year off never comes back right.

bublooo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golson coming back is not a good thing he is not even a average QB. Maybe Zaire can be what they need but right now Reese is far and away the best QB on the roster. Which right now isn't saying much better really recruit there fast.

ThunderND

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is not a situation where the keys are handed over to Golson but that he has to compete and win the job. I would be surprised if he just got the job if Zaire becomes THE MAN this year.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ThunderND from Chicago?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golson not good LOL we made it to the championship for the 1st time in a very long time. He had something to do with it. Yes the D was the main reason but he also had some nice games. So please dont give me this kid isnt that good. It was his 1st year starting. He did just fine.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golson coming back is not a good thing he is not even a average QB. Maybe Zaire can be what they need but right now Reese is far and away the best QB on the roster. Which right now isn't saying much better really recruit there fast.

So as Purguy stated, we make it to the NC game with a freshman QB and your position is that he's not even an average QB. I'm curious as to whether you feel Rees was a better QB than Golson, or just that he's the best QB currently on the roster.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golson not good LOL we made it to the championship for the 1st time in a very long time. He had something to do with it. Yes the D was the main reason but he also had some nice games. So please dont give me this kid isnt that good. It was his 1st year starting. He did just fine.

I think he showed flashes of excellence last year. Watching him in the Purdue game compared to later in the season was night and day. He has a very high ceiling and losing him was a detriment to the program IMO.

ThunderND

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ThunderND from Chicago?

Grew up in South Bend...went to Cubs games and was a Bears fan as well. Live in California now, where I spend my time fending off the USC fans with all things Irish!

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grew up in South Bend...went to Cubs games and was a Bears fan as well. Live in California now, where I spend my time fending off the USC fans with all things Irish!

Try living in ACC country! Oh man ... this could get real interesting in the future. :)