• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GOLSON QUESTION

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again ND can say no we are just taking you for the 2 years left. Thats if ND wants to take a stand. If that happens he can transfer and go to another team and play 1 year. This is what im finding on the internet.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Athletes may also utilize a grayshirt year in which they attend school but do not receive scholarship. This means that they are an unofficial member of the team and do not partake of practices, games, or receive financial assistance from their athletic department. Typically, grayshirts occur when a player is injured right before college and requires an entire year to recuperate. Rather than waste his or her redshirt, the player can attend school as a regular student and then join the team later. While the redshirt status may be conferred by a coach at the beginning of the year, it is not confirmed until the end of the season, and more specifically, it does not rule a player ineligible in advance to participate in the season. If a player shows great talent, or there are injuries on the team, the coach may remove the redshirt status and allow the player to participate in competition for the remainder of the year. Another example is when a player doesn't play because of academics" This is a non football season.

THIS IS WHAT I FOUND.

Smirishth

Smirishth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player like Everett would probably declare or the draft before staying another year IMO.

Don't get me wrong; I think he has amazing potential, but even if he kills it can you really see him staying at nd that long?

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year will count toward EG's four years of football eligibility because the NCAA will not grant a sixth year hardship for his poor academic judgement and his "red shirt" year was used in 2011. It's pretty simple as that. ND was aware prior to the suspension that he'd be losing a year of eligibility.

For the record, ND doesn't technically "red shirt" players since all fifth year athletes must have already obtained their degree and enrolled in a graduate program.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the info fellow Domers. I guess we shall just see how this all works out. Personally, I just hope EG wasnt bullshitting when he says he's coming back.

ThunderND

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is, C. (Glad to help) It is always C.