• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golf Shape

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ill you alive today???????????/ hhahah

-DUB-

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ill you alive today???????????/ hhahah

-DUB-
didn't play :(

poor communication and shitty friends/coworkers left me as the odd man out. The dude organizing thought there were 8 guys going to play but in reality there were only 5. One of the other guys took it upon himself to make a single tee time for a 4-some and didn't tell anyone else. So I got up there (45 minute drive) in time to see them drive up to the first tee. Apparently they were just going to leave and let me figure out for myself that I got fucked over.

I drove home and played tennis instead.

Fuckers.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude... I agree that is some BS!!! Glad you did something to burn off that steam. I had a guy try me with that type of crap. He got the hint when I replied back to his let's go play text next time with.... sure book it... No showed on his ass and said oops... hahaha!

-DUB-

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude... I agree that is some BS!!! Glad you did something to burn off that steam. I had a guy try me with that type of crap. He got the hint when I replied back to his let's go play text next time with.... sure book it... No showed on his ass and said oops... hahaha!

-DUB-
dude who planned it, who I talked to yesterday morning, came over this morning with his hat in his hand, saying he felt terrible about it. Next round of golf over on the Navy base was on him, which I will take. I don't think it was his fault. He doesn't even have a cell phone so he could call and tell me to turn around.

I needed to hit something, so it was either that or spend an hour or 2 at the driving range.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ill that was classy of that guy to at least do both the apology and buy the next round. I can respect that. The story I stated above that guy did neither of those things...

-DUB-

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ill that was classy of that guy to at least do both the apology and buy the next round. I can respect that. The story I stated above that guy did neither of those things...

-DUB-
He's a good dude, so I had a hard time getting mad at him on my drive home yesterday. I was going to say something regardless, but he beat me to it. Had an email in my box at 6:40 am.

Reactions: DUB

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That course looks cool.

Me and a couple of buddies are looking to go south a bit the week of the 10th.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally got out to play on Saturday. Was cart path only, so I was more sore from walking up and down the hills after my ball and a lot of that was due to playing a tennis match that morning and doing yardwork before that. Really just a physically full day.

Swing felt good though. Trying to work out some things still. Need to spend a couple hours around the practice green

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played on Sunday a round of 18. With the weather back in the 80's sunblock was a must. So since the last round I still ran, worked out, stretched, worked on core. Was only able to work on chipping and putts, and irons at the range one day last week. However, I was still dog tied after the round when I got home and ate some steamed veggies and ribs. I hit the couch like a rock. Today I have been stretching and feel less sore but still some soreness mostly in the lower back area. I think I could play another round today but would need to warm the back up. I can't hit the range due to thunderstorms today to see if I could make decent swings.... well that's the update with a month and 2 weeks to go before the big golf trip...

-DUB-

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUB, the "big golf trip" is in your head.

None of your practice means jack shit until you place a realistic goal upon this trip wherein you have a reasonable chance of calling it worthwhile.

My best advice is to count on your buddies making too big of a deal of it and your ace in the sleeve is that you have perspective. You may certainly hold yourself to the expectation of what you're capable of. In fact, you're doomed if you don't but if the only outcome that will satisfy you is to beat all of these guys, the very notion will make you less capable of doing so.

One shot at a time.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NEhomer I hear what you said. I am excited for the trip as it's my first one of these type of outings. But I am going in with the mind set of just enjoying the comp and the moment. However, my main concern is just being in golf shape. I just want to be able to play a round and feel great. So I just wanted to see if I am doing something wrong before, during, or after a round that prevents me from this feeling. I know I have L1 and L2 and SI joint issues but we all are hurt so that can't be an excuse you know....

-DUB-

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all pullin' for ya mister!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
played tennis last night and one of the other guys pointed out something I was doing wrong with my backhand, so he had me change my swing a little so I used more of my core and shoulder instead of just my arms. I am definitely feeling it in my back now. Basically, my fundamentals are all fucked up. I assume the same can be said about my golf swing.

I bought this book to try to fix the fundamentals.

51dO6BuHqnL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ill nice man.... I'll check into this as well!! Good looking out.

-DUB-

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ill nice man.... I'll check into this as well!! Good looking out.

-DUB-
the salesman at Golf Galaxy told me to get it. So far, the change to my grip alone is helpful.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure all you have been losing sleep waiting on an update about this very important matter that is my golf shape life... Ok, here it is you damn golf junkies!!

I got back on Fri. night from an 8 day vaca In PR Puerto Rico.. Yes, it was a great time with only the wife. (oldest did fine himself going on a Europe vaca for school. The others stayed with family...suckers.)

So I go out on Saturday to play a round with a friend and paired up with 2 strangers that was fun to play with. Love good pairings. Figured with traveling I'd be out of whack but needed to get a round in. So here it went.... took one drop all day due to tee into water shot. Stayed the course and ended up shooting a 91. I was happy with it.

Here's the kicker!!!!!!!!

Played on Sunday with another friend and his friend. So for those following this thread this is all about me building up to 6 rounds in 4 days....

On Sunday I was feeling it. It was a different course from Saturday just FYI... Driver was on and I think the new Green Bay Packer wide putter grip I put on after church was the key to putting. That was on as well.
No lost balls on the day but did get back to back drop holes with 8's. UGH!!! holes 15 and 16 not sure if just bad holes or a touch of mental or physical tired... 17 bogey but easily could of been a par and finished 18 with a 35-45 foot putt for a birdie in the cup!!! So finished with a 88.

Today I am feeling good body-wise. I am tried mentally but after 8 days of beach, sun, RUM, and travel, and golf who wouldn't have mental tired...

It's funny I didn't lift weights or jog 2 days before trip, during trip I didn't and I played good golf. I am thinking that I might bulk myself up during the week and that might cause some of my body ache issues. I am built not like a normal golfer i.e. I have muscles... haha.

-DUB-
making progress...

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go to the gym 5-6 days week and golf three days a week, usually only 9 holes because the course is always slow.

Wife and i always walk, after a couple beers in the clubhouse, I can barely walk to the car because everything is stiff from the shoulders to my feet, except my dick...unless the server is cute.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go to the gym 5-6 days week and golf three days a week, usually only 9 holes because the course is always slow.

Wife and i always walk, after a couple beers in the clubhouse, I can barely walk to the car because everything is stiff from the shoulders to my feet, except my dick...unless the server is cute.

and I'm finding the older I get, the harder it is to golf after lifting, especially after a back or leg workout.