• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GoldFish vs Pencils

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gonna go out on a limb and say fleury vs jones, Braun still out, so shit show Muller and Tennyson still the 3rd pair

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To his credit Mueller has actually played pretty well this last call up. His decision making has been much quicker and better this time around.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To his credit Mueller has actually played pretty well this last call up. His decision making has been much quicker and better this time around.
I like him and think he'll be a more physical version of Pickles, but they certainly rushed him. Hopefully hes finally figured it out

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Standard Sharks. At Home. Against a PO team. getting shut out and Blown out. Again. So glad Im not there... And this is why the hopes will not get back up.

They actually havent been that bad per se, as jones has given up 2 pretty bad ones. That said, this team is so clearly mediocre, beating bottom feeders, but getting consistently crushed by the top 1/3 in the league. This will be 10 games at with zero wins against PO teams. Brutal.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Standard Sharks. At Home. Against a PO team. getting shut out and Blown out. Again. So glad Im not there... And this is why the hopes will not get back up.

They actually havent been that bad per se, as jones has given up 2 pretty bad ones. That said, this team is so clearly mediocre, beating bottom feeders, but getting consistently crushed by the top 1/3 in the league. This will be 10 games at with zero wins against PO teams. Brutal.
Everything i read says that it was a night of bad bounces even phil kessel said he got lucky, 3 out of the 5 went in off of skates, cant fault a goalie or team for that, just a night of bad bounces

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Everything i read says that it was a night of bad bounces even phil kessel said he got lucky, 3 out of the 5 went in off of skates, cant fault a goalie or team for that, just a night of bad bounces

To certain degree, this is true. I watched the whole game, and the bank shots were many. Some were luck, some poor goaltending combined with high skill (malkin's wrap goal), and ME Fleury was excellent as the sharks had some looks. They could have won, but they also deserved to lose. Maybe not 5-1, but Pitt converted and the sharks didnt. At home, the sharks are 4-7, and in the 7 losses, they have a total of 9 goals. In fact, they have 2 goals or less in 8 of the 11 games while giving up 4 or more in 6 of those 11. And, to me most pressing is that they have not beaten a single PO team at home.

This one had some bad bounces, but for whatever reason, they just dont play at SAP, and just cant play consistently (or really at all) with the better teams.

I think what you see is what you get with them. A middle of the pack, mediocre team that might may the PO's (about 50/50) but has virtually no chance of making a real run, and a product that just isnt all that fun to watch at the game.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say wait till Torres and Coture are back then they can probably make a trade for a dman