• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going on a faux-vegetarian diet

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 34lbs, over half way there and still going. "Dad bod" will be gone soon.

Down 40 on the 99% meat, no veggie diet, started on April 2nd, a few days after this thread was created.

Fuck that vegan crap.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you solved your low cholesterol problem.

My diet is 75% fat, and believe it or not - the diet is actually known to lower the bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol. It also lowers peoples blood pressure.

I'm skeptical by nature, so I bought a watch that monitors my blood pressure and other readings(technology is fucking amazing these days). So far overall my blood pressure has dropped a little, I run 124/79 average most days, with the occasional 123/79 or 124/78's for the daily average.

Wife actually took pills for having low good cholesterol. Getting blood work done Monday for her(or going to request it anyway), so we'll see how her results look. Last time she went to the doctor and they did lab work, he told her to keep doing what she was doing, the readings they took were better than they had ever been.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he must have no had much success.

Where are the updates @Omar 382 ?
310px-Hindenburg_disaster.jpg

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My diet is 75% fat, and believe it or not - the diet is actually known to lower the bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol. It also lowers peoples blood pressure.

I'm skeptical by nature, so I bought a watch that monitors my blood pressure and other readings(technology is fucking amazing these days). So far overall my blood pressure has dropped a little, I run 124/79 average most days, with the occasional 123/79 or 124/78's for the daily average.

Wife actually took pills for having low good cholesterol. Getting blood work done Monday for her(or going to request it anyway), so we'll see how her results look. Last time she went to the doctor and they did lab work, he told her to keep doing what she was doing, the readings they took were better than they had ever been.

Is that the Keto diet?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drinks can killlllllll you, im a coffee and water guy

I drink a gallon of water a day if not more.......I love me some grape Propel or just any ol bottle of water.........Plus a few Monsters a week along with fruit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the Keto diet?

Well there are tons of versions of keto, but it pretty much falls under the general notion. I limit my carb intake except for fiber carbs etc. I rarely get more than 10g of net carbs in a day.

I also do intermittent fasting, 16 hours minimum a day, usually around 18 hours.

And I for the most part stick to whole/natural foods rather than processed. Nothing frozen(unless I freeze it). Grocery shopping is actually quite a bit easier because 90% of my shopping is done on the outside isle and basically nothing on all the inside rows. When I do go down an isle it's for like canned green beans or shopping for kids.

I don't do any artificial sweeteners really and only drink water.

So maybe, depending on what you think keto is.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I started my diet pretty much as a result of this thread, down 44 lbs, so thanks!
That's amazing.

I need to follow in your footsteps, or die in my late 30's. And be miserable until then.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out traveling and ate fast food today twice.

I use to hear people saying fast food made them feel bad, but I was never one of those people and I never understood what the fuck they were talking about...until today. I feel bloated, fat, and drained. Very heavy feeling.

And I haven't been a heavy fast food eater for decades anyway, maybe once every 6 months even when I'm not on a diet. So it's not like I was just away from it for too long.

And the crazy part is I didn't eat anywhere near how much I use to eat, like less than half probably. Which is pretty sweet. I was seriously dreading damn near every bite, and for the first time in my life, I had tons of fries left over both times. They just didn't taste that good to me. First I went to Burger King, thought well they don't have the best fries anyway, but McDonalds tasted like shit too.

Gonna have to take the time and sit down to eat tomorrow, fuck this shit.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out traveling and ate fast food today twice.

I use to hear people saying fast food made them feel bad, but I was never one of those people and I never understood what the fuck they were talking about...until today. I feel bloated, fat, and drained. Very heavy feeling.

And I haven't been a heavy fast food eater for decades anyway, maybe once every 6 months even when I'm not on a diet. So it's not like I was just away from it for too long.

And the crazy part is I didn't eat anywhere near how much I use to eat, like less than half probably. Which is pretty sweet. I was seriously dreading damn near every bite, and for the first time in my life, I had tons of fries left over both times. They just didn't taste that good to me. First I went to Burger King, thought well they don't have the best fries anyway, but McDonalds tasted like shit too.

Gonna have to take the time and sit down to eat tomorrow, fuck this shit.
all that grease makes me feel sluggish too