• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me your top 10 draft day mistakes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 10 in no order...

-Tim Couch
-Courtney Brown
-Spergon Wynn
-Gerard Warren
-William Green
-Kellen Winslow
-Luke McCown
-Brady Quinn
-Brandon Weeden
-Johnny outta Football

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article is up.

5 Ways to Ruin your Fantasy Football Draft

Share. Comment. Let me have it.

Overall it is another great article... My only critique would be that you really just took one problem(the over hyping of players) and explained it in 5 different ways... it was well done... and I know it is hard not to be repetitive in this subject... and no, I could not do any better, so I do feel like an ass a little....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall it is another great article... My only critique would be that you really just took one problem(the over hyping of players) and explained it in 5 different ways... it was well done... and I know it is hard not to be repetitive in this subject... and no, I could not do any better, so I do feel like an ass a little....
This is good. I want honest feedback.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good. I want honest feedback.

Just thought of another mistake people make on draft day... I consider this another big one...

every player comes in with a different strategy, but sometimes owners don't understand the strategy that they are coming in with... For example, if you come in with the 0 RB theory, you HAVE to have RB depth on your bench, without it, the strategy is a failure... So I guess to word it properly, you must fully understand the strategy that you are going to use, and don't flip flop on strategy when its too late...

of course that sounds like it contradicts another major mistake people make, which is not having backup plans when there plan fails...

But it is not contradictory, there is a moment during the draft(nobody knows when it will be for you), that you just cant go to another strategy...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Left a comment for you.
I saw it. More honesty. I love it!!!

To your point (and I didn't want to make the article any longer), but from some of my draft experiences, let's say an owner lands Gurley, Gronk and Luck with his first 3 picks. That was very possible last season. All 3 came in with elevated expectations in 2016.

Some owners look at that value and start "swinging for the fences" on their remaining picks because they just landed 3 of the most coveted players.

The gist was that owners should still build depth early on and not take high-ceiling type risks until later on (if ever).

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To your point (and I didn't want to make the article any longer), but from some of my draft experiences, let's say an owner lands Gurley, Gronk and Luck with his first 3 picks. That was very possible last season. All 3 came in with elevated expectations in 2016.

Some owners look at that value and start "swinging for the fences" on their remaining picks because they just landed 3 of the most coveted players.

The gist was that owners should still build depth early on and not take high-ceiling type risks until later on (if ever).
That owner would have had a rough year lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually agree with what I think you are saying. But I actually think you could have said it better( tough saying to someone much better with words than I am).

Maybe you can generalize that to say know the players you have already drafted, each player has a level of riskiness. If you take risks early, you can't afford taking risks later.

For example. If you draft lesean McCoy in the first round, you don't want to then draft another injury prone RB. It's better to draft a more consistent Lat Murray type. One who is more likely to play more games for you.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting players I don't really like just because they seem like good value.

IOW, "Maybe I'm wrong on this guy." - Not a good reason to draft a guy

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article is up.

5 Ways to Ruin your Fantasy Football Draft

Share. Comment. Let me have it.

2) Coaches

Last July, Sean Payton said he would draft Thomas if he played fantasy football. I wish I had listened.

5) Kamar Aiken comes to mind. I had him massively overrated last season. They never used him like they did the year before. He looked ready to pop. Instead Wallace got tons of action.