• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give it to me straight doc

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 team league with a standard point system. The format is pretty standard; start one quarterback, two running backs, one WR/RB, two wide receivers, one tight end, one kicker, and one D/ST. I had the 9th overall pick in a snake draft.

QB: Jameis Winston
RB: Todd Gurley, Ty Montgomery, and LeGarrette Blount
WR: Mike Evans, Michael Crabtree, Kelvin Benjamin, Brandon Marshall, DeVante Parker, and Kevin White
TE: Greg Olsen and O.J. Howard
D/ST: Seahawks
K: Dan Bailey

Here is the order of people selected:

1. Mike Evans
2. Todd Gurley
3. Ty Montgomery
4. Michael Crabtree
5. Kelvin Benjamin
6. Greg Olsen
7. Brandon Marshall
8. LeGarrette Blount
9. DeVante Parker
10. Jameis Winston
11. Seahawks D/ST
12. Kevin White
13. Dan Bailey
14. O.J. Howard

• This is the first year I've ever felt I had to take a wide receiver in the first round. I hope Evans sees the endzone enough for it to be worth it.
  • I know I reached for Gurley. My only reasoning is that I'm a fan of his, I'm a UGA homer, and I think he will do much better than last year.
  • The league manager had some kids issues, the draft clock was lowered after round 9 and I accidentally auto-drafted Jameis Winston. I think I'm going to ride him out and see how it goes and since it's a 10 man league there will be options available if it doesn't work out.
  • I'm surprised I got #1s so late like Blount and White.
  • I think O.J. Howard has some boom potential and if he works out I might be able to trade Greg Olsen for more RB depth.

What do you think?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great group of WR's to work with. Evans will be a beast. Not a fan at all of your RBs though. Yes you reached on Gurley, but you already know that. Montgomery is a wildcard. Blount could be a pleasant surprise if he gets his conditioning right. He's playing behind a top 5 O-line, but last I heard he was failing conditioning tests this offseason. Winston in the 10th is a good gamble! Would feel better about it if you had a better RB corps, but he should do just fine. Olsen & or Benjamin are good trade bait. I'd shop Benjamin now if I were you.

Overall a good team. Gurley could surprise this season, but I'm not counting on it.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great group of WR's to work with. Evans will be a beast. Not a fan at all of your RBs though. Yes you reached on Gurley, but you already know that. Montgomery is a wildcard. Blount could be a pleasant surprise if he gets his conditioning right. He's playing behind a top 5 O-line, but last I heard he was failing conditioning tests this offseason. Winston in the 10th is a good gamble! Would feel better about it if you had a better RB corps, but he should do just fine. Olsen & or Benjamin are good trade bait. I'd shop Benjamin now if I were you.

Overall a good team. Gurley could surprise this season, but I'm not counting on it.
I can try to shop Kelvin around but this is the honeymoon phase for fantasy teams. Everybody thinks their shit doesn't stink.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need a RB, period.

You also do not need two TE drop one for a waiver pick up...........

solid everywhere but rb, but id try and package tymo or blount with one of your wr for a better RB in return, you can spare a wr t o upgrade one rb

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need a RB, period.

You also do not need two TE drop one for a waiver pick up...........

solid everywhere but rb, but id try and package tymo or blount with one of your wr for a better RB in return, you can spare a wr t o upgrade one rb
I am definitely not dropping either tight end yet since I think Howard's value could possibly skyrocket and I could deal Olsen if it does happen.

I will see how the first few weeks go before I get desperate for a running back.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely not dropping either tight end yet since I think Howard's value could possibly skyrocket and I could deal Olsen if it does happen.

I will see how the first few weeks go before I get desperate for a running back.
howard's value could skyrocket??? yikes

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yees ur projecting a rookie tight end to have extreme value. in an offense that had a top 10 tight end last year, has a decent running game, and other wr talent, and target monster evans........jesse james on the steelers may outscore him

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yees ur projecting a rookie tight end to have extreme value. in an offense that had a top 10 tight end last year, has a decent running game, and other wr talent, and target monster evans........jesse james on the steelers may outscore him
To potentially have high value.

• Unless you can predict a major injury to happen to a starting running back there is no value in the available RBs on the waiver wire. None are startable based on the information available now.
  • Cameron Brate can't block which means he's a situational player. It's why he couldn't even get past the 700 yard mark.
  • Brate is not a threat after the catch.
  • O.J. Howard can block.
  • He is very athletic. During the combine he posted a 4.5 second 40 yard dash time and 4.16 second 20 yard shuttle time. On a 6'6" 250 pound frame that's pretty darn good.
  • If he doesn't produce I have Greg Olsen. No loss there.
I'm just not seeing any value in dropping him for a 2nd or 3rd string running back who I wouldn't even dream of starting over any of my wide receivers at the flex position.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To potentially have high value.

• Unless you can predict a major injury to happen to a starting running back there is no value in the available RBs on the waiver wire. None are startable based on the information available now.
  • Cameron Brate can't block which means he's a situational player. It's why he couldn't even get past the 700 yard mark.
  • Brate is not a threat after the catch.
  • O.J. Howard can block.
  • He is very athletic. During the combine he posted a 4.5 second 40 yard dash time and 4.16 second 20 yard shuttle time. On a 6'6" 250 pound frame that's pretty darn good.
  • If he doesn't produce I have Greg Olsen. No loss there.
I'm just not seeing any value in dropping him for a 2nd or 3rd string running back who I wouldn't even dream of starting over any of my wide receivers at the flex position.

u do know they already have said brate will be the pass catching back and OJ howard will be the blocker this year corect?

and rb's inevitably are harder to find, so you gobble up all you can

tavon austin is athletic too

its your roster, but i try to take upside, TE has little upside when u have a top 3-6 commodity there, not mnay value tight end, and definitely dont trade any good pieces for one, unless he goes for 100 and a td the first 4 weeks. its a worthless spot IMHO

ask someone else whose more neutral like @averagejoe or @tlance or @TREFF

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u do know they already have said brate will be the pass catching back and OJ howard will be the blocker this year corect?

and rb's inevitably are harder to find, so you gobble up all you can

tavon austin is athletic too

its your roster, but i try to take upside, TE has little upside when u have a top 3-6 commodity there, not mnay value tight end, and definitely dont trade any good pieces for one, unless he goes for 100 and a td the first 4 weeks. its a worthless spot IMHO

• On ESPN Tavon Austin is listed as a WR only and he is the third option behind Sammie Watkins and Robert Woods in an already bad passing offense.
  • TE has little value because the vast majority don't provide any value.
  • I know Brate is currently the starter. I don't expect that to last all season. You don't take a guy in the first round to keep the bench warm.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • On ESPN Tavon Austin is listed as a WR only and he is the third option behind Sammie Watkins and Robert Woods in an already bad passing offense.
  • TE has little value because the vast majority don't provide any value.
  • I know Brate is currently the starter. I don't expect that to last all season. You don't take a guy in the first round to keep the bench warm.
lol, soooooo oj howard is listed as what wr/te/rb? i dont see your point/.........your saying howard is athletic? so are other guys. and yes, if most tight ends dont provide value, a rookie probably wont , and history backs that up.....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
night, in a nutshell I agree with SP.
You need a RB.
And you should dump your 2nd TE.

You're in a 10-team league where TE can lose value. (And TE don't have much value in 12-team leagues.)
In fact, you're even carrying 1 QB which, if push comes to shove, shows there are plenty of options available on waivers.

I like the direction the Browns are going, but TD may be lean.
Olsen should carry the position for you with no need to consider another TE.

I applaud the fact that you feel so strong about OJ, but the other owners need to have the same view of him or there won't be a deal. And I'd venture to guess that if he was available in the last round, they probably don't.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with SP and Joe, ten team league no reason to have 2 TE's no matter their "potential", and rookie TE production has been well documented to be subpar. Your banking on a rare exception to the rule, and with Olsen already there, there's zero reason to take that chance. Maybe if went with Hooper, or Henry, or someone like that as your starter, i could see wanting to roster another. But not with Olsen. There will be a minimum of 6 startable TE's any given week on waivers in a ten team.

And yes, you desperately need that spot for RB depth. I'm as big a believer in Blount as you'll find, but 3 RB's, especially when one is a converted WR with sickle cell anemia (in other words, he's very likely to miss 3 or 4 games with nagging injuries, the sickle cell is a bitch) isn't going to cut it once bye's begun and injuries pile up. Might as well do it now instead of week 5 when you're fighting the other nine guys on the wire

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good luck @night just trying to help, hope your season and plan goes well and thanks for input fellas

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
night, in a nutshell I agree with SP.
You need a RB.
And you should dump your 2nd TE.

You're in a 10-team league where TE can lose value. (And TE don't have much value in 12-team leagues.)
In fact, you're even carrying 1 QB which, if push comes to shove, shows there are plenty of options available on waivers.

I like the direction the Browns are going, but TD may be lean.
Olsen should carry the position for you with no need to consider another TE.

I applaud the fact that you feel so strong about OJ, but the other owners need to have the same view of him or there won't be a deal. And I'd venture to guess that if he was available in the last round, they probably don't.
I am hoping he breaks out, I keep him, and deal Olsen.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with SP and Joe, ten team league no reason to have 2 TE's no matter their "potential", and rookie TE production has been well documented to be subpar. Your banking on a rare exception to the rule, and with Olsen already there, there's zero reason to take that chance. Maybe if went with Hooper, or Henry, or someone like that as your starter, i could see wanting to roster another. But not with Olsen. There will be a minimum of 6 startable TE's any given week on waivers in a ten team.

And yes, you desperately need that spot for RB depth. I'm as big a believer in Blount as you'll find, but 3 RB's, especially when one is a converted WR with sickle cell anemia (in other words, he's very likely to miss 3 or 4 games with nagging injuries, the sickle cell is a bitch) isn't going to cut it once bye's begun and injuries pile up. Might as well do it now instead of week 5 when you're fighting the other nine guys on the wire
Like I said before what value is there in a 2nd or 3rd string RB I wouldn't dream of starting sitting on the bench though? Unless I get lucky with the starter going down that's the same wasted roster spot you're talking about.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good luck @night just trying to help, hope your season and plan goes well and thanks for input fellas
I just have a different opinion on a meaningless roster spot. It's not a big deal.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think you need a RB and think you should drop Howard. But, if you like him that much, look to deal Olsen now. He should get you a startable RB at the very least. If you do end up dropping him, consider TyMo's backup. I can't remember which Williams he is, but grab that cuff if he is available in case Montgomery can't carry the load.