• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gilbert will get "probably better coaching" under SMU coach June Jones

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee Corso: Former Texas QB Garrett Gilbert will likely get 'better coaching' at SMU

Lee Corso , Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit, the crew from ESPN's College GameDay, served as hosts of the Doak Walker Award banquet yet again and didn't disappoint in delivering candid, wide-ranging opinions on college football.

On Texas quarterback Garrett Gilbert's transferring to SMU, Corso said Gilbert will get "probably better coaching" under SMU coach June Jones, to loud applause -- and a little shock in the ballroom.

On Texas A&M's upcoming move to the SEC: "There's not going to be a lot of kissing," Corso cracked, referring to the Aggies tradition of swapping kisses after A&M scores. "Get a good-lookin' girl for nonconference games."

Fowler originally said he was wary of discussing TCU's recent scandal, which included the arrest of four football players in a large-scale sting for selling drugs. Drugs, Fowler said, were probably an issue on campuses everywhere. But Herbstreit didn't let it end there.

"Using and trafficking, I think," he said, "are different."

References were also made to Corso's infamous on-air moment last season, which occurred at the end of a GameDay broadcast featuring SMU's game at Houston. Corso uttered an expletive at the end of the broadcast.

"The show went well," Fowler deadpanned.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably won't be good again anywhere

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. OU fans act like this is an insult.

GG had GDGD coaching him. Yeah, I'd say just about any QB coach he gets will be better.

Oh, and GDGD is up for the OC job at Iowa. Good luck with that

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Get a good-lookin' girl for nonconference games."

:lol: