• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

gibson

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wow whats up with this kid?

Sutter calls Gibson ?the best goalie I?ve ever seen? as smoke billows from the sarcasm detector | ProHockeyTalk

i know its like they said a little sarcastic. i also know its really early to say how he will turn out but so far so good. kid could be legit. on top of the fact they have hiller too ducks could be dangerous for a long time. esp after moving ryan for that pick and silverberg.

also wanted to point out that gibson drafted only 3 years ago is making a pro impact! this guy was drafted in the 2nd round in 2011 pick #34. who had the #33 pick in the second round? the devils! who did we pick? o we didn't have it because we dealt it to nashville to get arnott. why am i bringing this up? because all these 2nd 3rd 4th round picks add up! yeah chances are the 3rd rounder we gave up to get ruutu won't mean much but damn gibson in a devils jersey right now would be looking pretty sweet.

whats to say the devils would've taken gibson? well hopefully with a 38 year old marty at the time no legit prospects in the pipeline he would've been on the devils radar. if they did that then they wouldn't have blown a #9 on a goalie only 2 years later. also who did the preds pick with the #33 pick? a goalie magnus hellberg. 2 teams who have legit #1 starters already going goalie back to back. while we just piss away our picks.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson is the real deal. I could easily see him being the best goalie in the league within the next 3-4 seasons. Ducks drafted a good one, he just might do for them what Cam Ward did for the Hurricanes in '06.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen reports that the Ducks are so high on Gibson that they are going to let Hiller walk in free agency after this season.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen reports that the Ducks are so high on Gibson that they are going to let Hiller walk in free agency after this season.

I've heard the same, and I don't blame them one bit.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i would ink hiller to #1 money and groom gibson. then unload hiller when he is going to be a ufa for some type of return.

crazy run they have had with goalies recently. they had some "older" rookie last year that tore it up too then dealt him to the ducks

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i would ink hiller to #1 money and groom gibson. then unload hiller when he is going to be a ufa for some type of return.

crazy run they have had with goalies recently. they had some "older" rookie last year that tore it up too then dealt him to the ducks

Yeah, just imagine they had Hiller, Fasth, Andersen, & Gibson all in the system. Crazy goalie depth.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's silly to play the "who could we have had in the draft" game, especially considering every other team had a chance to draft him and didn't. Let's check back on this in a year or 2, make sure we're not talking about JSG 2.0.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's silly to play the "who could we have had in the draft" game, especially considering every other team had a chance to draft him and didn't. Let's check back on this in a year or 2, make sure we're not talking about JSG 2.0.

You say that as if it were a bad thing.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not saying it like that. I'm just saying people think these 2nd 3rd 4th round picks don't mean anything and have no problem throwing them into trades. If the good players were only taken in the first round the drafts would only be 1 round.

I think if the devils had that 2nd rounder they wouldve targeted him. Given the need at the time it should've at least been looked at. Also you said every team passed on him. I get that but sometimes even if the kid is good you can't justify taking him with an earlier pick.

That was the year we drafted larrson. If he doesn't pan out that will be rhe biggest bust in devils history. Could've easily traded down and added picks to supplement the lost picks. I didnt realize that we lost our 3rd that year because of kovy.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hiller's not even that great anyway. Depending on who you read, Gibson has been ready for a whole year already. He's pretty good. The 2nd we traded to Nashville for Arnott was the pick before this kid. Nashville drafted another goalie called Hellburg. They were the first two goalies picked. I don't think anyone discounts middle round picks. After all our all time leading scorer wasn't a first rounder. neither was henrique.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiller is a solid, legit NHL goalie but will never be "elite". Gibson has the talent and potential to be elite...of course only time wuill tell but the ability is there.