• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants GM says if you've got a top pick you need to

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be able to picture that guy making the Hall of Fame .

In this draft who could you see doing that??
Barkley.

At one time people thought Matt Barkley should have been a top pick.

Giants GM seems to get it way better than these "muhhh have to draft a quarterback" mutts you see everywhere.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be able to picture that guy making the Hall of Fame .

In this draft who could you see doing that??

This GM is putting WAY TOO MUCH pressure on his top picks....let's become a starter first for about a decade, make a few pro bowls along the way and maybe then we can revisit this HOF conversation.

The HOFers from this draft could come much later in the draft...2010 draft the top guys are Suh, Gerald McCoy, Eric Berry, Gronk (second rd)...but Jimmy Graham (3rd rd) and Antonio Brown was a 6th pick IIRC...he might get in.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DirtDirtDirt why do you want Barkley so bad? I wouldn't use the number 2 pick on a RB... especially in today's game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley.

At one time people thought Matt Barkley should have been a top pick.

Giants GM seems to get it way better than these "muhhh have to draft a quarterback" mutts you see everywhere.
The Giants have a QB who was picked #1 overall, though. I do believe people thought Larry Fitzgerald was actually the top overall player in that draft class but would the Giants have any rings without Eli?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DirtDirtDirt why do you want Barkley so bad? I wouldn't use the number 2 pick on a RB... especially in today's game.
A normal top RB I'd agree but Barkley is David Johnson pass receiving with prime Adrian Petersen rushing and Devin Hester return skills. Oh and he can blocks, works his ass off and is ( by all accounts) about the nicest guy in the world. He's generational. The second he's drafted he will be the most talented running back in the NFL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A normal top RB I'd agree but Barkley is David Johnson pass receiving with prime Adrian Petersen rushing and Devin Hester return skills. Oh and he can blocks, works his ass off and is ( by all accounts) about the nicest guy in the world. He's generational.
And thats a fair assessment. I'm just worried about what happens to him after the first time he gets hurt.

The cuts he makes are insane and the amount of time he spends low to the ground seems crazy

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats a fair assessment. I'm just worried about what happens to him after the first time he gets hurt.

The cuts he makes are insane and the amount of time he spends low to the ground seems crazy
Dude rarely gets hit hard and barely carried it at PSU. I think he had more than 20 carries in a game like 2 times last 2 years. He should be fresh as hell lol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude rarely gets hit hard and barely carried it at PSU. I think he had more than 20 carries in a game like 2 times last 2 years. He should be fresh as hell lol
It seems like he is hard on his body, though. Maybe at his level of athleticism it isnt a huge deal but If I'm drafting him then I want my team ready to compete for a playoff spot year 1. None of this 'rebuilding' stuff.

Colts are a good spot assuming Luck is healthy. Bucs would work, too, but thats a terrible division to try and compete in right away. I'm worried the Broncos are going to get him.

Giants should rebuild. Jets should rebuild. Browns seemingly have already made their decision.

Last edited:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like he is hard on his body, though. Maybe at his level of athleticism it isnt a huge deal but If I'm drafting him then I want my team ready to compete for a playoff spot year 1. None of this 'rebuilding' stuff.

Colts are a good spot assuming Luck is healthy. Bucs would work, too, but thats a terrible division to try and compete in right away. I'm worried the Broncos are going to get him.

Giants should rebuild. Jets should rebuild. Browns seemingly have already made their decision.
With the additions they've made this off-season and in that division I honestly think the Browns are legit playoff contenders with him. What a perfect fit for a guy like Taylor and their wideouts are solid . D is ok assumibg you don't have them on the field all game in bad spots like Kizer did last year ( which with Tyrod you shouldn't). I could see them winning 9-10 games

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right about Denver though. If I were them I'd be trying to trade to 2 as soon as Cleveland passes on him at 1. Those hideouts with Keenum, Barkley and tgat D?? That's one of, if the the number 1, best team in the AFC

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the additions they've made this off-season and in that division I honestly think the Browns are legit playoff contenders with him.
I don't know.

Their best player on offense retired and they might need a Left Tackle. T Taylor is a guy with a really high sack percentage so thats a bad need to have. I doubt Josh Gordon has a long-term future with them.

The Browns could totally implode next year just as likely as they could push for the playoffs with a superstar RB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants have a QB who was picked #1 overall, though. I do believe people thought Larry Fitzgerald was actually the top overall player in that draft class but would the Giants have any rings without Eli?
In your example you are talking about two hall of famers. And considering Peyton in 2004 I'd say many saw similar success for Eli from the beginning as well. So the Eli pick fits the quote.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your example you are talking about two hall of famers. And considering Peyton in 2004 I'd say many saw similar success for Eli from the beginning as well. So the Eli pick fits the quote.
I certainly wouldn't vote Eli into the Hall of Fame.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect! Exactly how we want it

Keep all possibilities open with the star WR, publicly demand a kings ransom

Dont tip your hand at all about your intentions with the #2 pick, toss out smoke screens left and right

Its all good from my perspective

All part of the plan to pick in the top 5 again next year...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tons of yards.
Tons of durability.
Lots of TDs.
2 rings.

Locked.
The 2 rings is the whole sticking point. If getting rings gets you into the HOF as a QB then you should definitely take one of these QBs coming out.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 rings is the whole sticking point. If getting rings gets you into the HOF as a QB then you should definitely take one of these QBs coming out.
His numbers are up there anyway.
Plus he has rings.
Not just one either.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stellar enough to be one of 3 NFC teams in the last 25 years NOT to make a title game

Talking to me about "talent evaluation"

Ill come kick your ass

Your math is as bad as your geography.

As for talent evaluation, I think we have landed 4 stellar OL-men since your team found 1. :suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And doubly so when there is no one to block for him and now QB to keep 9 out of the box.