• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giannis/Jabari, Towns/Wiggins, Embiid/Simmons - Rank them!

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rank these 3 duos in terms of potential as a duo in the future.

And which duo do you think will win a championship first?

----

In my opinion, right now, I think Giannis and Jabari are better than KAT and Wiggins. Before this season, I always believed Wiggins > Jabari, but this time, I'm starting to lean on Jabari and his potential. Giannis > Towns. We aren't even talking about defense here cos Giannis owns both Towns and Wiggins.

On the other hand, when Simmons comes back, I believe the Sixers duo would be more dangerous than the other two, as long as they stay healthy. Embiid is already starting to blossom as early as now. Both Embiid and Simmons are going to be a superstar. If that draft class of Embiid happen again today, he would be ahead of Wiggins and Jabari.

Which duo wins ring first? I say Twolves if they keep their core young stars with Dunn, Lavine, Wiggins and Towns.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go:

1) Giannis/Jabari
2) KAT/Wiggins
3) Embiid/Simmons.

Giannis if he continues to be a 6'11" PG, is a nightmare matchup for anyone. He doesn't even need to develop an outside shot, but rather a post game. He can already take guys off the dribble and create, but if he can develop a Shaun Livingston type turn around jumper, he's going to be unstoppable. Parker is a really good player in his own right and should be at least a fringe all-star type player for his career. That's a helluva combo with Parker's outside game.

KAT is one of my favorite players in the NBA with his skillset. What puts them at #2 for me is Wiggins hasn't shown a whole lot of development to round out his game. He's still young and could very well develop more, as of right now I would say he's easily the 6th best player out of these 6 above in long term value. Wiggins has regressed significantly defensively. He's also pretty one dimensional on offense. Right now he's like a bigger version of Monta Ellis. Great scorer, but really can't rely on him to do much else.

Embiid is an absolute beast. The guy is as legit of a player as I've seen in a long time. He's got the total package in terms of well rounded offensive game from the inside out, and he's really good already on defense and will only get better. Simmons looks crazy good. I know he hasn't step foot on the court, but a 6'10" PF with the ability to play point to pair with a center who can step out and hit the three or bang inside could be a lethal front court combo. If both develop properly, they could easily become the best front-court in the NBA in about 3 years time. The thing that puts them last here is that Embiid did miss 2+ years due to a major injury. I know he looks great now, but I have to take the guys with a health track record over him and Simmons who had a bad injury already to start his career. Talent-wise, I'd say they're on par with KAT/Wiggins though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freak and Parker are having a great year.

But, I'm taking KAT and Wiggins.

Simmons and Embiid have not played 1 second of regular Season Basketball together yet.

So, they automatically fall to 3rd.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. KAT/Wiggins
2. Giannis/Parker
3. Embiid/Simmons

Embiid/Simmons could easily be the best but can't rank em that way having never seen them play together.
My guess is none of them ever win a Championship together on their current teams.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a difficult time believing Giannis and Jabari are going to remain in Milwaukee long term.

When their rookie contracts are up and a team in a larger basketball market with deeper pockets comes calling, the Bucks will be back to square one again and their rare draft hits will have success elsewhere again. That's the Bucks way.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the KAT is the best of the group, which has me leaning towards them, but Milwaukee duo is pretty good. Wiggins development is concerning, he needs to be more consistent and better at Defense. Jabari looks to be better of the two

KAT/Giannis are top 2.

Giannis came in the middle of a "weak" draft

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towns/Wiggins
Giannis/Parker
Embid/Simmons

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a difficult time believing Giannis and Jabari are going to remain in Milwaukee long term.

When their rookie contracts are up and a team in a larger basketball market with deeper pockets comes calling, the Bucks will be back to square one again and their rare draft hits will have success elsewhere again. That's the Bucks way.

You may have missed this.

Freak will be with the Deer four more Seasons AFTER this one.

That's past his rookie deal.

Giannis Antetokounmpo agrees to $100 million extension with Bucks

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Bucks will be able to keep him AND Parker long term? I'm skeptical.

Why wouldn't they when they have Giannis signed and Parkers bird rights?

Plus, with the new CBA, if guys meet certain incentives....All NBA Team, MVP....etc

They qualify for a Super Max as long as it's with the Team that drafted him...or he was traded there on his rookie deal.

That's why Cousins won't leave Sacto.

He can sign a contract for $200 m this Summer.

So, why would guys need to bolt?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, why would guys need to bolt?

It's not that they need to bolt, it's that Milwaukee is not exactly a basketball hotbed (typically undesirable for top free agents and draftees) and that the team has been mismanaged for so long that it's difficult for a lifelong Wisconsinite like me to fathom the Bucks maintaining any long term success.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Bucks will be able to keep him AND Parker long term? I'm skeptical.

Parker has a long way to go to fall into this category.

But, this is helluva incentive to stay.

Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders:

Sources close to the situation say Indians remains optimistic that the new Designated Player Exception will allow them to retain George long-term, assuming he makes one of the All-NBA teams this season.

The new veteran-designated-player rule could allow the Pacers to pay George $219,240,000 over five years ($43,848,000annually) beginning in 2018.* Another team could offer just $139,320,000 over four years ($34,830,000 annually).*

As speculation continues about possible DeMarcus Cousins trades, the Sacramento Kings appear committed to keeping him. According to ESPN's Marc Stein, the Kings plan to offer their franchise player an extension this summer that could be worth more than $200 million, using the designated player exception that will be available to teams under the new collective bargaining agreement.

This is bad news if you are hoping that your favorite team might acquire Cousins. Even before the new CBA gave them this option, the Kings were reportedly more interested in qualifying for the playoffs this season than rebooting by trading their franchise player.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that they need to bolt, it's that Milwaukee is not exactly a basketball hotbed (typically undesirable for top free agents and draftees) and that the team has been mismanaged for so long that it's difficult for a lifelong Wisconsinite like me to fathom the Bucks maintaining any long term success.

Yeah, I get that.

But, the new CBA should help Teams keep their best players.

Some will still leave if they truly want to be some place else.

But, the new designated player rule should keep more guys from jumping ship.

Take it from a fan of a Team that has been managed horrifically heretofore:

Having one special player on the roster can change things.

Nobody wanted to come to the Clippers before Cp3 and it will likely return that way if he leaves.

Ditto for Bron and the Cavs who are a better example since they have a Chip.

Guys will want to play with Giannis.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid alone is already better than the other duos (completely unbiased)

KAT/Wiggins

Parker/Antetokounmpo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now...

1) Giannis/Jabari
2) KAT/Wiggins
3) Embiid/Simmons

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. KAT/Wiggins
2. Giannis/Parker
3. Embiid/Simmons

Embiid/Simmons could easily be the best but can't rank em that way having never seen them play together.
My guess is none of them ever win a Championship together on their current teams.

Embiid/Simmons easily has the highest ceiling.

Parker is just so bad defensively it's hard for me to go big on him.

KAT is basically Brow 2.0. So I might just go wtih him by default.

But Minny should make this moot and deal a bunch of their young talent for Brow 1.0 and take over the NBA.

KAT/Bro/3 guys from the local YMCA is basically a playoff team ;)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now it is Giannis/Jabari no doubt.

We haven't even seen Simmons in a regular season game, and last we saw him in preseason, we saw all the good and bad that was predicted--great passer, Rajon Rondo level jump shot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, I would say Giannis/Parker as #1, Wiggins/KAT as #1A and Embiid/Simmons as TBD. Embiid is playing out of his mind and really looks like he'll be good for a long time. Still have to see what Simmons can do. This will be a good question at this point next year once Simmons is playing.