• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Georgia State line

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, is this a misprint? WVU -38.5 ????? How bad is Georgia State? Can we even put up 38 points with no defense on the field?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ga. State is reclassifying to FBS this year but has so far been blown out by its first two opponents, both still FCS schools. They are really, really bad.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize they were FBS now, but knew about getting thumped by FCS schools. Even so, can we put up 38? There's talk that Holgorsen is going to sit Mallard (Spelled it that way on purpose) and start Clint Trickett or Ford Childress. :L

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to see Childress, he was supposed to be the next Pat White coming out of high school, I think that is what this team needs, a threat that the QB MAY run.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to see Childress, he was supposed to be the next Pat White coming out of high school, I think that is what this team needs, a threat that the QB MAY run.

I do not know if Pat white is a good comparision, Childres is more a pro style QB than PW......funny thing about his high school numbers is that he did rush for 500 yards his jr year, but only 79 his senior. I would like to see this kid earn the job. The thought of another 4 year starter in the making should get fans excited.

I have no proof of this, but I think Clint thought he would just come in here and take the job because he was coming from FSU.

Whoever gets the start I hope they earn it and run with it for the rest of the season. :hope:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know if Pat white is a good comparision, Childres is more a pro style QB than PW......funny thing about his high school numbers is that he did rush for 500 yards his jr year, but only 79 his senior. I would like to see this kid earn the job. The thought of another 4 year starter in the making should get fans excited.

I have no proof of this, but I think Clint thought he would just come in here and take the job because he was coming from FSU.

Whoever gets the start I hope they earn it and run with it for the rest of the season. :hope:

:agree: I agree with that Trickett thought he would just walk in and have the job. This is not going to be a successful season anyway, so go with the young guy!!!!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see the best QB get the start. Who cares about how well you communicate? If you need good communication put your wife or shrink in at QB, they should be great! Clint never got a chance vs W&M, 2 passes... Ford hasn't even seen the field. It's not like things can get much worse.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about how well you communicate?

Do you understand the reference?

And, it can always get worse...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys are worried about him burning TO's then you should be worried about the communication....bad communication will only lead to more TO's being burned in bad spots.

Millard had a bad game in front of 89000 people in only his second start...maybe he learns from it and comes back better....doesn;t sound like Trickett or Childress is setting the world on fire...and this is at practice. :L

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ga. State is reclassifying to FBS this year but has so far been blown out by its first two opponents, both still FCS schools. They are really, really bad.

they are in their third year of football and yes they are terrible

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys are worried about him burning TO's then you should be worried about the communication....bad communication will only lead to more TO's being burned in bad spots.

Millard had a bad game in front of 89000 people in only his second start...maybe he learns from it and comes back better....doesn;t sound like Trickett or Childress is setting the world on fire...and this is at practice. :L
Well, he burnt the TOs WITH this supposed good communication. So what's the difference? It would seem wasting TOs has nothing to do with communicating with the QB.

Sorry, but Millard didn't set the world on fire vs W&M either. But you're right. Let's stick with Mallard and not even see what anyone else can do. While we're at it, someone needs to go tell Rich Rod he made a mistake giving Pat White a chance by sitting Adam Bednarik.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Childress was the highest rated recruit and has the most upside of all 3, he should get a lot of PT this week imo. I would also like to see a spread option package with Alford and Sims in the QB/RB spots to have ready if needed down the road this year in conference play (looking at you Texas after seeing BYU destroy them with it), throw the kitchen sink at people, we need to start scoring!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he burnt the TOs WITH this supposed good communication. So what's the difference? It would seem wasting TOs has nothing to do with communicating with the QB.

Sorry, but Millard didn't set the world on fire vs W&M either. But you're right. Let's stick with Mallard and not even see what anyone else can do. While we're at it, someone needs to go tell Rich Rod he made a mistake giving Pat White a chance by sitting Adam Bednarik.

Well the QB didn't burn all those(2on replays,1on defense)..."wasting to's has nothing to do with communicating with the QB"?? Most burned timeouts are a direct result of a miscommunication with the QB

I never said stick with Millard, I said maybe he comes out better from the L...sure go to guys who can't even earn the job in practice...what do we have to lose.

Didn't PW get the job when Bednarik got hurt?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't PW get the job when Bednarik got hurt?
Yes and no. Bednarik got hurt in week 2 and then again in week 3. Pat took over those games, but Adam came back and was the starter again until benched against Louisville in week 6.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millard didn't set the world on fire against W&M? He only completed 76% of his passes.

Just like the OU game, WVU had some opportunities in the W&M game they did not exploit. Watching both games, one can see how close this offense is to having a special performance.

And, Bednarik was not benched in the UofL game, he was hurt.

West Virginia vs. Louisville: '05 game films provide thrill and chills - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

After his fourth consecutive run to open the fourth quarter, Mountaineers starting quarterback Adam Bednarik lay in a heap along his team's sideline with sprained ligaments in his right foot. Enter Patrick White, the team's No. 1A quarterback who had played two second-quarter series with little luck: One first down, one sack, one underthrown pass to Dorrell Jalloh and one screen to Vaughn Rivers for a 4-yard loss.

Read more: West Virginia vs. Louisville: '05 game films provide thrill and chills - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we are clear, Dana was concerned about OU knowing his hand signals to his QB as he stated in his pre game and post game pressers... OU "knows all of our signals and all of our route combinations."

That is why he changed the way the plays were called in... it is why we saw WVU go to a huddle as much as they did... subbing in players with plays. He felt it necessary to change the communication with his QB.

It slowed down the offense.

He did not play Trickett because of his inexperience running the offense. He does not know the plays as well, and Dana did not want to put him in a bad situation to handle the offense with less time to audible as a result of how plays were being called in.

I guess this identifies a potential problem for these uptempo style offenses. If a team can steal the signals, or has firsthand knowledge of them... you have to constantly change your signals... or resort to old style football.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enter Patrick White, the team's No. 1A quarterback who had played two second-quarter series with little luck: One first down, one sack, one underthrown pass to Dorrell Jalloh and one screen to Vaughn Rivers for a 4-yard loss.

Read more: West Virginia vs. Louisville: '05 game films provide thrill and chills - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
So yes, he was benched for two series. In those two series Pat had a very Tricket-like performance. Granted I didn't recall Bednarik getting hurt, again, but you even quoted an article stating that Pat was in the game BEFORE Bednarik went down.

But I'll stop arguing the point. Mallard is awesome and no one else need ever see the field.