• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Georgia @ South Carolina

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who does uga have from the west this year? auburn and....
Arkansas, which after @Auburn and today's win at TxTech doesn't look as attractive as it once did.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was bad luck. Our pass defense was so atrocious that their receivers didn't have anybody around them at all in the first half.

You had a touchdown called on maybe the one time there was no holding

A def pass interference on the int that could of been just as easily not called

Two missed FGs from a kicker that had been near perfect

And the first ever fourth down conversion where the nose of the ball did not pass or even touch the marker

There wasn't a big difference between the two, game could of gone either way

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had a touchdown called on maybe the one time there was no holding

A def pass interference on the int that could of been just as easily not called

Two missed FGs from a kicker that had been near perfect

And the first ever fourth down conversion where the nose of the ball did not pass or even touch the marker

There wasn't a big difference between the two, game could of gone either way

Yea, that 50 yard touchdown was definitely a ticky tacky call and the momentum would have shifted a lot. Oh well. The field goals could have been weather conditions but you never know, it could have been too much pressure. I'm still kind of lost on how that was a first down but I'm not going to hang the game on it.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question ... just saw some replays ... can it be intentional grounding when the D player deflects the ball?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question ... just saw some replays ... can it be intentional grounding when the D player deflects the ball?

I don't see why not. Otherwise QB could just throw at the back of a lineman or whatever to escape the penalty.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No it can't because the pass is deflected, but the refs completely missed it and it's not reviewable. Honestly the ball deflecting off the guys leg is the entire reason it was intentional grounding as well. If the ball doesn't hit him it lands right around his receivers back foot and doesn't called.

It was just one of the many home field calls the refs gave South Carolina. Still though if the Secondary had shown up and Morgan hits 2 FG's you despite it.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screen-Shot-2014-09-13-at-8.40.09-PM-610x347.png

There you go look at that space between the nose of the ball and the marker. This the ball only has to go past the last link line CBS was trying to use explain it is BS as well. The official rule states the chain link shall be connected to 2 poles whose insides are exactly 10 yards apart when the chain is fully extended.

That means the nose of ball has to extend past the inside of the post. I mean there have been games where officials have pulled out a card to see if there was space between the two. I have no idea how they blew this call. I'd say I hope UGA sends this photo to the NCAA and protest, but all they would get is an apology and an oh well we might suspend the official or at least have a talk with them on the rule.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screen-Shot-2014-09-13-at-8.40.09-PM-610x347.png

There you go look at that space between the nose of the ball and the marker. This the ball only has to go past the last link line CBS was trying to use explain it is BS as well. The official rule states the chain link shall be connected to 2 poles whose insides are exactly 10 yards apart when the chain is fully extended.

That means the nose of ball has to extend past the inside of the post. I mean there have been games where officials have pulled out a card to see if there was space between the two. I have no idea how they blew this call. I'd say I hope UGA sends this photo to the NCAA and protest, but all they would get is an apology and an oh well we might suspend the official or at least have a talk with them on the rule.

That pole isn’t plumb. You can see it leaning to the right. A millisecond after this photo was snapped, they leaned the pole back ever so slightly to make it perfectly vertical and PRESTO!!!, the gap was erased and it was a first down. We could play this game all day long in terms of the call. Your wet-paper-sack defense lost the game not this call. But then again, my team barely beat Kentucky in football sooooooo..............

SC8806

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the TD called back complaint. Especially when Georgia had a drive extended after Gurley threw 2 headbutts and should of been ejected and been forced to punt. Instead the drive got a extra set of downs which Georgia ultimately failed to capitalize on. Also it was pass interference clear as day when Georgia managed to get that int. He was holding the WR jersey when he made the cut. Other wise he would of beat the Georgia DB the way we beat them pretty much all night. As far as the measurement goes it was called correctly. Dylan is 6"4 and needed a couple inches. He clearly had some forward momentum before being stopped in his tracks. If Georgia was as good as they thought they were then they would of blown SC out. Turns out they were overrated just like sc was in week 1. End of story. Good game dawgs.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was a "pick-um" and Both teams showed they have a lot of talent. Can't believe Gurley didn't get the ball when it was 1st and goal from the 4. At any rate, South Carolina is a much better team than they showed the previous two weeks and will continue to improve. Also sorry that Spurrier ever left Florida.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was a "pick-um" and Both teams showed they have a lot of talent. Can't believe Gurley didn't get the ball when it was 1st and goal from the 4. At any rate, South Carolina is a much better team than they showed the previous two weeks and will continue to improve. Also sorry that Spurrier ever left Florida.

St. Spurrier, hallowed be thy name.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just can't beat Spurrier in Columbia.

I could make excuses, but it wouldn't do any good.

I'm a bit superstitious, and I think UGA is cursed.

Our kicker sets the SEC record for most consecutive field goals made. Misses two in a row immediately after breaking the record.

And our play calling was terrible.

First and goal inside the 5. Every knows Gurley is getting the ball. Nope, let's just get an intentional grounding penalty.

I feel we were the better team last night, we were just out coached.

Oh well, try to win out and hope SCAR loses another SEC game this season.

Bad thing is we'll probably blow South Carolina out next year in Athens, but then lose 4 other games.

Congrats SCAR fans.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and goal inside the 5. Every knows Gurley is getting the ball. Nope, let's just get an intentional grounding penalty.

Bobo is going to get a lot of heat for that series of plays, but you can't blame him for the first down call. SCAR expected Gurley so he tried to fool them by swinging a TE I believe it was across the formation into the flats, but the protection didn't hold up long enough for the play to develop. Not his fault either that the officials blew the intentional grounding call. Deflected passes can't be intentional grounding because.... well they're deflected >_>;

Because of that call it went to what around 2 and 10 to go to the endzone? Might could have still run Gurley but that blown call put us into a passing situation and Morgan should never miss from that range =\

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Georgia and I love beating them under any circumstances (Yes, I'm a Gamecock fan, don't let the Gopher avatar and favorite teams fool you).

I won't rub salt in on this one right now, because I've been on the other side of too many games like that where I felt like we should/could have won, had the more talented or better team, or whatever, and still lost. I think Georgia played a hell of a game, could have won, probably SHOULD have won if they get just one more break here or there.

Much respect for the way they battled back when it looked like SC had totally taken control at the end of the first half.

Here's hoping you lose to at least six more teams this season. I don't care which ones.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Georgia and I love beating them under any circumstances (Yes, I'm a Gamecock fan, don't let the Gopher avatar and favorite teams fool you).

I won't rub salt in on this one right now, because I've been on the other side of too many games like that where I felt like we should/could have won, had the more talented or better team, or whatever, and still lost. I think Georgia played a hell of a game, could have won, probably SHOULD have won if they get just one more break here or there.

Much respect for the way they battled back when it looked like SC had totally taken control at the end of the first half.

Here's hoping you lose to at least six more teams this season. I don't care which ones.
Classic UGa v. USCe game. People who don't follow SEC football just don't know how competitive this game has been the past decade since Spurrier got there. Win all your OOC, I hope you lose one more SEC game and then beat all the SEC East teams.