• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Georgia 2011 Recruiting Central

Which recruit do you think is the most needed?

• Jay Rome

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Damian Swann (CB)

• Ray Drew (DE/OLB)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Isaiah Crowell (HB)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • John Jenkins (NT) JC

• Christian LeMay

• Quintavious Harrow

• Total voters

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post anything related to UGA recruiting here...

Current commits to Georgia:
No particular order

1) Christian LeMay - QB (5 star) - enrolled early, counts as a 2010 recruit
2) Jarvis Jones - LB (5 star) a USC transfer, counts as a 2009 recruit
3) Justin Scott-Wesley - WR (4 star) "fastest recruit in the nation"
4) Watts Dantzler - OL (4 star) - Dantzler honors father through football
5) Sterling Bailey - DE (4 star)
6) Chris Conley - WR (4 star) enrolled early, counts as a 2010 recruit
7) Devin Bowman - DB (4 star)
8) Amarlo Herrera - OLB (4 star)
9) Corey Moore - S (4 star)
10) Chris Sanders - DB/WR (4 star)
11) Nick Marshall - DB (4 star) scholarship for football but expected to play b-ball also
12) David Andrews - C (3 star)
13) Hunter Long (OL - 3 star)
14) Zach Debell - OT (4 star)
15) Nathan Theus - OC (4 star) He and his brother John Theus - 5 star OT have said they will play together.
16) Chris Mayes - DT (4 star)
17) Sanford Seay - WR (3-4 star)
18) Damian Swann - DB (4-5 star) - committed at USAA game
19) Ramik Wilson - 4 star ILB
20) Quintavious Harrow - DB (3 star) from Carver High in Columbus runs below a 4.4, Crowell's friend
21) Jay Rome - TE (5 star) #1 TE in the country
22) Malcolm Mitchell - DB/WR (4-5 star)
23) Xzavier Ward - OT (3 star)
24) Ray Drew - DE (5 star) ordained minister, helped recruit for the Dream Team
25) Kent Turene - LB (4 star) former USC commit
26) Isaiah Crowell - HB (5 star)
27) Jonathan Jenkins - NT (4-5 star) JC transfer

* Jarvis Jones is actually considered an '09 recruit, he came from USC when Pete Carroll left & they hired that boob.
* Zack Witchett's scholarship was rescinded after he had a spat with one of his HS coaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Witchett just announced his commitment today.
He said he was a Bulldogs fan from the very beginning, so not much of a suprise.

ESPN recruit analyst Tom Luginbill said "We have felt that Witchett has been flying under the radar to some degree in this class and has not gotten the attention he deserves as an overall athlete. He can play safety or wide receiver and has played as a back as well. Excellent combination of speed, size and elusiveness. This is a nice pick-up for the Bulldogs who appear to be off to a fast start."

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually, I know that no one will read this, with the possible exception of ugafan.

So, really this is for my own personal reference.

Wrong. :D

Knock yourself out, wish I had the luxury of doing a nice compilation like the for my beloved Tide -- just not realistic for me (this year esp). I vowed to give it a break, not to get so sucked in during off season. :/

Great job! I love it! :):)

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commitment #11

Nick Marshall (6'2"-185) - Scout.com: Nick Marshall

He had multiple offers including, Alabama, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Arkansas, Clemson, Tennessee etc.

Ranked as the #9 QB, and a big basketball prospect, Marshall will play CB for Richt and guard for Fox.

Nick is said to have blazing speed and a high football intelligence. Could even play some WR.

Apparentley he was a "silent commitment" to GT, LOL, who better to steal a recruit from.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Chris Low:

Mark Richt's stated goal is to put together a "Dream Team" of top prospects from the state of Georgia for the 2011 class.

He's off to a blazing start.

The Bulldogs on Wednesday picked up a commitment from quarterback/defensive back Nick Marshall of Rochelle, Ga. The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Marshall is considered one of the top athletes in the state.

Marshall plays quarterback for his Wilcox County High School team, but will play defensive back for the Bulldogs. He's also a standout basketball player.

Georgia now has 11 commitments for the 2011 class, and 10 of those players are from the state.

In last week's early class rankings by ESPN, Georgia was No. 8 nationally.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the info. No way in hell I would be able to find all this.
I'm not surprised we are really getting good recruiting...I just hope Richt uses it fully in years to come.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the info. No way in hell I would be able to find all this.
I'm not surprised we are really getting good recruiting...I just hope Richt uses it fully in years to come.

Check out this site - The Leather Helmet - This guy stays on top of things & it's where I get a lot of info from.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Jones (LB), a 2009 recruit (5 star) who picked USC over UGA, had a change of heart and will tranfer to Georgia. He will be eleigible for 2010.
USC transfer Jarvis Jones chooses Georgia Bulldogs | AJC College Sports Recruiting

681546.jpg

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and will tranfer to Georgia. He will be eleigible for 2010.

Correction: Since he started as a true fresman at USC he still has a season to redshirt. Jarvis said "... I will be redshirting no matter what."

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Georgia Picked up it's lucky 13th commit with Watts Dantzler, a 4 star OT with lots of upside.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of rumors going around about Jay Rome (#1 TE) & Ray Drew (5 star - DE), apparently Drew is actively recruiting Rome to go to Georgia, even though Drew hasn't commited himself. Although, I think he may be one of the silent commits I keep hearing about. Drew is an ordained ministered, so he would fit right in with Richt and the rest of the "holy rollers" on the team.

Buck Belue says UGA has a shot at him, but I think it could be a long shot. Rome is reportedly a Clemson lean, and his father played football & basketball at Clemson

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commit #14 Hunter Long (OL - 3 star)

Saw a video of him, his team ran right up the middle behing him a lot, looked like it was their bread & butter.

The scouts say he has loads of raw talent and strength, but needs to tune in his technique and foot work. Sounds good, I would expect him to be slightly under coach, since HS football in Tennessee isn't that good/big, and very few recruits come out of there.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rome looks like he will go to Clemson. Can't blame him if his dad went there. Even if UGA is a little more prestigious in football.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn I hope Lemay pans out as is expected. I'd love to have a scrambling QB again.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know what a 17 y/o is thinking , crazier things have happened.

And I have a correction to make. Jarvis Jones actually counts a for the 2009 class, so technically Hunter long is Georgia's 13th commit for 2011.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn I hope Lemay pans out as is expected. I'd love to have a scrambling QB again.

Yeah, I liked when DJ Shockley took over, but I'd prefer a pocket passer type.
Lemay is lean at least looks like he might have some wheels, but he's actually listed as a pro-style(pocket passer) QB and his whole team only had 4 rushing TDs all season with an average of 38 rushing yards a game. So he's definitly a passer first and foremost.

Read the the evaluation from ESPN, it makes him sound badass.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I liked when DJ Shockley took over, but I'd prefer a pocket passer type.
Lemay is lean at least looks like he might have some wheels, but he's actually listed as a pro-style(pocket passer) QB and his whole team only had 4 rushing TDs all season with an average of 38 rushing yards a game. So he's definitly a passer first and foremost.

Read the the evaluation from ESPN, it makes him sound badass.

well that's good because I don't remember too many scramblers really winning a NC...at least since the BCS.
Haa I read it. They make him sound like the brother of Tim Tebow. Well it looks like he's the real deal and will be possibly the best QB in the SEC in a few years. I hope