• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gentlemen. I have heard your pleas and have watched

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as well as others. This board is going to change for the better. I get it now. We'll make this the best CBB forum out there that there is.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk to me

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk to me

Sure. I oversee all boards but when I see a complaint as such that I saw the other day on this board, I gave a quick look, perhaps even a challenge to the original poster. There were several routes we could have gone with this, but ultimately I'm taking this on as my own. JohnO has been banned for 2 weeks and I have asked to have tshirt restricted from this board. As I get to know you and the culture of this board better, I plan on letting you mod yourselves. For now, it's me overseeing it though.

Good talk?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great talk. Was just wondering what you meant lol.

I think it was time for Johnny boy to get a time out.

Tshirt got better recently but man he was over the top. I really did not care to see what some guy in rural Alabama tweeted regarding Oregon vs Washington.

Other than that this board has been great though. Beats the hell outta the NBA one.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tshirt is a good poster. I enjoy his posts from time to time. He just doesn't belong on this board. It's spammy. Nothing against him in general, but its not the culture that you guys want here.

As far as JohnO goes... Well... He is a child. He has been given plenty of leverage elsewhere and frankly, I'm sick of the shit. So... He's gone for 2 weeks minimum. Thats my final call on that one.

If we want this board to rule the internets, these are the moves that need made.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind sir, thank you.

-Everyone

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tshirt has been officially restricted from this forum. I invite you to give me more suggestions in this thread going forward that will also make this place better. :suds:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well moderated, good sirs.

It's funny, as I'm not sure if the timing was coincidental or not, but for the first part of the bball season it seemed to be the wild west around here. I don't think I saw much of any moderators, and if they were posting, it was certainly never in a mod capacity. And that was fine, I think for the most part the group did a decent job of moderating itself. (admittedly I hot a little heavy handed with the insults toward john on occasion, but nothing else seemed to work, until we started distracting him into "decoy" threads) And I don't know if CTP's two threads that drew mod attention, or if it was the official close of football season and everybody packed up to come down south to the bball forums, but I've definitely noticed a lot more mod type folks hangin around.

Anyway, It sounds like you guys have things well in hand, so as you say, let's go rule the internets.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tshirt has been officially restricted from this forum. I invite you to give me more suggestions in this thread going forward that will also make this place better. :suds:

The funny thing is after the first big blowup, I didn't really have a problem with tshirt here. He seemed to keep the random "updates" to the game threads (which at least seemed vaguely appropriate) and since I had him on ignore, I didn't really notice him much (or notice anyone else complaining) So I wouldn't have a problem with him posting here again, as long as he's following forum decorum (<- I know, right?) I have no beef with him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think this forum has been pretty good overall....

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope for you guys to create your own culture just like other boards have. Guess it just took awhile to realize that this place was a refuge. Just keep on doing what you guys like to do and I promise that I'll help to keep it that way with light kid gloves. There isn't a need for heavy moderation if things are peaceful. Thats what we do.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a side note SFNL did you see the story about the "burger king" in southside, thats not really a burger king............funny stuff

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is after the first big blowup, I didn't really have a problem with tshirt here. He seemed to keep the random "updates" to the game threads (which at least seemed vaguely appropriate) and since I had him on ignore, I didn't really notice him much (or notice anyone else complaining) So I wouldn't have a problem with him posting here again, as long as he's following forum decorum (<- I know, right?) I have no beef with him.

I came here tonight and saw him talking to himself. Sure, he created game threads, but who fucking cares. It's over. Create your own if you want to.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope for you guys to create your own culture just like other boards have. Guess it just took awhile to realize that this place was a refuge. Just keep on doing what you guys like to do and I promise that I'll help to keep it that way with light kid gloves. There isn't a need for heavy moderation if things are peaceful. Thats what we do.

images

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came here tonight and saw him talking to himself. Sure, he created game threads, but who fucking cares. It's over. Create your own if you want to.

That did make me chuckle a little. I did peek at a few of his posts because someone asked him a question ad I was just curious if he ever responded.

He doesn't strike me as the chit-chatty type. That said, I do go poking around in other forums, and I do agree he is a decent poster for the most part, but you're right. Not a great fit here.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sure if he's human or not.... We'll find out elsewhere.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, to be honest, I enjoy absolutely everyone on here (except for john0, and to a far lesser extent, tshirt). I think these next two weeks are going to be the most enjoyable days I've had on the CBB boards. I know you want to do everything possible before you suspend someone, but I appreciate the decision. I agree, if the boards flow, it can be some of the greatest discussion on the interwebs.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing about these boards is it's not filled with trolls. I don't think I'd even classify John as one, that guy is just his own special breed.